Any Substitutes for the Nicotine Throat Hit?

Sounds unique,
Would you recommend medical grade ethanol instead?

3 Likes

Now this is the problem, Nicotine River (and also other producers) won’t ship to my “BELOVED” country.
:money_mouth_face::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

At least you did not say bourbon. @SaintRed
and the op is in India… under a ban so behave.

4 Likes

I get pepper on cheap nic salts, but even with that th nic, never happens…

2 Likes

I had a bottle of 100mg salts from LNW that got pushed back and forgotten for 8/9 months. Used it out of curiosity, zero pepper or th. Made me a believer. Only use NR when they have a great sale like recently. If LNW would offer free ship they would have gotten 100% of my nic orders. Now that I’m forced to stock for life best price wins my business. Would like at least 1 more gallon of 250mg in the freezer at this point.

4 Likes

I dont mind the price for good nic…
I understand on the shipping and have asked them more than once to be kind to our community… and they are with the quality of nic they have. They do run by points too, and so far I have yet to spend them… Not sure how many I have now… Hoping they do a sale but I never see that either.

2 Likes

I bought once from them, a normal nic, arrived about 2 weeks after payment, so didn’t have to deal with their cs. Sorry, couldn’t say much about it.

3 Likes

It was just some free base 100mg/ml PurNic I’d left out at room temp. (76-80°F) for too long. When it started turning brown I kept using it. I can’t offer any real science behind it, but I like it. Especially with spiced creams and tobaccos.

5 Likes

They do one or two sales a year. Usually pretty good 15-25%, just enough to cover shipping usually.

4 Likes

I don’t do this, so I’m not recommending it… but a friend has an acquaintance who adds a few drops of vodka to his juice because he is a huge TH fan. Says it kicks like a mule, but I detest TH so I would never do it myself. But he swears by it and has been doing it for years. Again, no first-hand experience so I have no idea what the effect actually is, but thought I’d pass it along nonetheless.

6 Likes

It does and I don’t do it either… I can not stand th…
cigs did enough damage to my throat I don’t want or need anymore.
I sound bad enough as it is…

4 Likes

Can I ask you guys what “TH” is? Sorry for asking something I’m sure you guys have been asked a million time lol.

3 Likes

(1959): Nicotinic acid, oxynicotine, nicotyrine, cotinine, and myosmine have been isolated and identified from the oxidation products of nicotine by aeration at 30 *C. … The presence of methylamine and ammonia in the same oxidation products has been established …

I keep ~18 mg/ml Nicotine 50/50 PG/VG base for my NET juices in glass jars in my refrigerator. When I take it out I warm the jar a bit to reduce the viscosity before shaking them up and then removing some juice base. The other day, I noticed a rather “fishy” smell (said by several texts to be expected when warming Nicotine) that seemed stronger than previously noted. Definitely (something) containing the element Nitrogen there !

From above, Methylamine and Ammonia were detected from oxidizing Nicotine. The “odor threshold” (see page 94) of Ammonia is 46.8 ppm, but it is only 0.021 ppm for Methylamine (a factor of 2,229 less) - and a mere 0.00021 ppm for Trimethylamine. As much as ~1% of tobacco leaf (in cigars) is Ammonia, and the tobacco (ie, cigarette) industry purposely adds Ammonia and/or its compounds for flavor and absorption:

The SECRET and SOUL of Marlboro -
Phillip Morris and the Origins, Spread, and Denial of Nicotine Freebasing

These characteristics should all dovetail nicely with my upcoming irresistible “Trout Mask” flavoring … :stuck_out_tongue:

Source:
https://audiophilereview.com/assets_c/2019/07/AR-BeefheartTroutMask225-thumb-225x175-16433.jpg

3 Likes

@guywithnoname Th = Throat Hit.

2 Likes

Ok, now I feel super stupid :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Not at all @guywithnoname, you feel smarter.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I second that. I keep seeing people talk about their nicotine going bad but I’m over here with nicotine that’s been carelessly left in a box in a cabinet for months and it hasn’t darkened a shade, no flavor change, no added throat hit.
If LNW quit sending me leaky flavor bottles I would have only praises to sing.
Their blue raspberry candy is great too; give it a shot.

4 Likes

Yea I do actually haha.reading this forum has helped me a lot.

3 Likes

This answer is a pure representation of 50/50 (50% Polite and 50% Smart).

Thank you

2 Likes

I think your Nic isn’t a freebase, am I right!

2 Likes