Anybody using Joy as a sweetener?

For ELR-forum use “Copy as simple text” :smile: Looks much better :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Understood, but that wasn’t copied from ELR

1 Like

Receiving JOY tomorrow il get you back on this !!

1 Like

The closest thing I can relate the ‘weird’ taste of Joy to is powdered sugar. I swear that is what they were going for…a funnel cake with powdered sugar on top. But, that’s just me. :wink: I haven’t quite figured it out either, but I admittedly have not done much with it yet.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I taste too … It’s very yummmy!

I just got Joy in last week and have only tried a couple of recipes with it so I’m still not totally comfortable with it. I did find the cake flavor mellows a bit after it ages a couple of days, but that could of just been the mix I used it in. I think it would make a great sweetener in bakery, nutty and possibly tobacco recipes but probably not so much in a fruity mix.

Edited: I could be (probably am) wrong on the fruity part.

HIC says “Everyone DIYer who likes sweet flavors needs this one. Vape it standalone, then add a touch of your favorite fruit (or spice - Cinnamon Ceylon is good with it), then see how it works in your recipes. Try it as a sweetener for strong fruit flavors and bakery recipes”.

3 Likes

I reread your post and see it didn’t address your question … No, I don’t taste any weird after tastes with it, but my taste buds are shot too. My wife however did comment that she didn’t like the after taste and she has very good taste buds. It took about 5 seconds for it to hit her and she made a funny face when it did … lol. I wish my taste buds were as good as hers!

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s one of those weird things that some people can taste and others can’t. One of the things we did in school was the PTC taster/nontaster test. I wonder if there’s a correlation there.

2 Likes

I havn’t tried the joy, but I see alot of people like the green apple from TPA I think it taste like strong chemicals even at low percentages. So taste must be really suggestive.

1 Like

I had some of this coming when I got an email saying it’s out of stock :frowning:
I haven’t tried it yet but a lot of people say it tastes like fair funnel cakes? That was enough for me to order some! I had no idea it was sweet enough to use as a sweetener? Is it comparable to marshmallow in the regard? I’m wondering if I should reorder it or not now…

If you add enough TFA raisin to the mix, you can hide that funny aftertaste with yet another funny aftertaste; problem solved?:flushed:perhaps not…

4 Likes

After reading the reviews on Joy, I thought I would try using it as a sweetener, but using it as a sweetener for any flavor, especially tobacco, may not be it’s intended purpose. I’m going to let it steep another week or two and see what happens. It seems to be better suited for bakery flavor vapes.

2 Likes

I think I’ll still get a small bottle since there are so many varying opinions on flavor…almost like oba oba. I usually don’t do the bakery vape but I’m pushing myself that way and funnel cake sounded like the perfect intro!
mmm…funnelcake…
Why thank you professor :wink:

1 Like

I used the Joy in the recipe below with success and had no odd flavors popping out to offend the palate or nose; then again there is a lot going on in this mix. Quite tasty actually.

2 Likes

I would suggest throwing another tobacco in the mix; the vanilla for pipe is delicate and was just a hint under everything else.

Def gonna give this one a try this week or so looks great!

2 Likes

I Am seriously on the fence about Joy as of now. I keep getting a funky cool effect at the end exhale ( does not sway flavor profile however…just weird)

I like where your going w/ this…I do believe I will attempt to use it in the 0.4=0.8 range and see how it turns out. For now I am not getting that desired "funnel cake " experience. Has anyone hit it on the head to get this to stand out and if so was there a mixer used w/ it to bring this out?

2 Likes

Jimk, it looks good ! I will say I used joy w/ apple a few times. I had one steeping since last month between the apples and joy I swear it smelled like the apples fermented it was disgusting % level total was 9% wth ?
I think i may of had the apple ( mixed two types ) up in the 4% total may of been too much… I am curious if this happens to your juice in a bout a month…if you have any around come then would ya let me know .

1 Like

Bookmarked! to keep you informed.

PS - I noted the cooling effect with Joy as well…hmmmm?

1 Like

I read your in put an at that time hadn’t experienced it, then on another batch…bam ! Very weird almost slight koolada effect but not that extreme. and thank you

2 Likes

I am really enjoying the Joy. A couple days ago I made 30 mls of a mix that was created by Daintanee from VU that had some Fuji, cinnamon, meringue, and a little rum in it and it’s all gone. I also made a 10 ml bottle of it to pass around to the guys at work … It’s gone too … lol :open_mouth: Everyone that has tried it has really liked the flavor. I think it will go great in a cereal mix that I have been working on for a light cereal grain effect.

5 Likes