Anyone have heat issues with Drippers? (Novel warning!)

The 200 and 133 are run by the same chip, the DNA200, but to reach 200W, you need 3 18650’s or lipo batteries. So the 133’s are actually 200’s, but limited to 133W by the use of 2 18650s

Everything else is the same

3 Likes

What he said

Truthfully if you have the funds to do so I highly recommend the VT133 if you don’t need 200 watts.

Vape NW has the best price I have seen to date this weekend only see above post for code.

I should have been clearer in my post the VT133 is the only DNA I currently own.

2 Likes

AWESOME! Looks like I might have found my sweet spot for the next mod. (Either save up for the vt133, or this OOS 200w dealie if they keep the price the same!)…

Also, FYI, just blew my ‘allotment for base materials’ at @Nicotine_River while all of this was unfolding…lol

Thanks again Grant!! (Also, thanks for having a wishlist!)

And thanks everyone here (I’ll end up posting elsewhere on this as well later I’m sure) for recommending them! I’m BEYOND STOKED to try them out now, and again, can confirm the level of customer service before the damned order has even been packed due to my /Gibbs headsmack/ forgetting to specify VG in the comments section due to wanting to get the order in fast before the deluge hit! (I’d already put together my wishlist in advance of the sale notification going live -so that helped!)

As of a few minutes ago ecig.com had the VT133 back in stock for $88. Haven’t seen any July 4th discounts from them but it’s still a great price.

http://www.ecig.com/hcigar-vt133-200w-dna-box-mod.html

Yeah… seems they’ve matched VapeNW’s price (once you’ve factored in the discount code, and shipping). Great deals on both to be sure!

Only wish I had the extra to muster. Just dropped the C-note I had reserved on the next 8mos or so’s supplies of VG (and far longer I’m sure) and nic, etc.

I’m hoping that I can pull a rabbit outta my hat as it is for the “sales” (much as I hate to call them that, since they’re nothiing short of forced selloffs ><) that I’m sure will be coming…God I hate seeing the little guys put out of business just so… NO. Not going there again (even mentally). NIP IT!!

2 Likes

feelin’ that bruh

1 Like

I’ll chime in on this a bit, yes, .2 ohms is low for a single battery mod. The math bears this out. 4.7 volts, divided by the resistance of .2 ohms, and you are drawing a max of 23.5 amps of current. Of course on a regulated mod this is less issue as it will probably govern, or try to govern the actual current load to the battery (over current protection)…so…at .2 ohms, You’re working the dog snot outta that thing.
Second, I agree wholehearted with what therabidweasel suggests to the Alliance V2 +. If you enjoy dripping, you truly owe it to yourself to try one. It is the most amazing dripper I have ever used.

3 Likes

1st of all, thanks for the tech write up. Love reading this stuff (when it’s written in simple to understand terms, cuz I’m too lazy to up the wattage in the brain). I enjoyed reading it.

2ndly, I have the Velocity and the Cleito and both can cook an egg when chain vaping. The Velocity runs hot no matter what. I’ve used it on my Cuboid, RX200, istick 100’s (both TC and W models) and even my old and true M80Plus. I chain vape like crazy and the Velocity is my go-to dripper. The mods get very warm but I have had no issues whatsoever with them. The batteries themselves are slightly warm on all the mods but not alarmingly so. These are all dual (or more) battery setups that can handle .2 ohm builds. My wife has a evic mini and I usually build her coils at .5 ohms for safety reasons. (If it were my mod, I’d probably be testing out a lower build right now. Cuz I’m badass like that.)

On the subject of heat and mods, I have to tell you that all my mods get warm with the Velocity. That’s a given. The exception to that is the Hohm Wrecker G2 that I just got a couple of days ago. This thing doesn’t heat up at all. I haven’t figured out all the settings yet, but I can say that when this goes into “Insanity” mode, it heats the coils immediately with 151W to get that coil going fast then lowers and maintains your set wattage. I think this decreases the amount of ramp up time thus eliminating the amount of heat that builds up and transfers to the mod. I am really loving this thing.

3 Likes

I am loving mine, as well! I’m actually going to buy a second one! Who has the deal right now for those??

1 Like

I found it…vaporbeast with coupon code independence

1 Like

www.vaporcube.com
Mine was a manufacturer’s refurb (in pristine condition) with full warranty. I got it for 60.83 (code G2rfb) out the door and delivered in one day (we’re both in So Cal.). I think brand new they’re 129.00. Hope the code is still good!

EDIT code: G2REFB

2 Likes

Vaporbeast has them for $83.49…coupon is for 15% off…
That refurbished does sound nice…cheaper. full warranty, you say?

I am on vaporcube, but I don’t see the refurbs…where do I find them??

Yup. This thing looked brand new. Shrink wrapped original box, newest firmware, manual…the works. Not a scratch or dent on it. They have a huge discount on all models refurb and new.
Use this link:
http://www.vaporcube.com/4th-July-2016-sale.html

1 Like

http://www.vaporcube.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=refurbished

2 Likes

Yeah, that was/is definitely a better deal with the coupon code. Thanks for sending me in the right direction, brother…I went ahead and ordered 2 more. These things are absolutely amazing! Wow…I just ordered 2 more for only $120 shipped…thats $60 apiece!! These things are a fucking STEAL at 60 bucks!!!

3 Likes

I know right?

2 Likes

This sounds very interesting does it work with with Ti and SS?
edit: I watched a review and it explained it , got one ordered as well.Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Get your learn on! It’s a pretty amazing device! Did you get the refurbs for 60 bucks?

1 Like

Yes thanks to @Lostmarbles and @mstokens .I was actually going to pick up another DNA but I like having a variety.

3 Likes