Anyone used that vape crafters link to try a liquid before buying all the needed flavours?

I am thinking of using that vapecrafter link to make some bases for liquids I want to test before buying all the ingredients for (bases since shipping nic to Canada makes customs an issue). Has anyone used them and if so would you recommend them… im asking as I did a google search and a lot of never got my order stuff came up from years ago when the first opened shop so i want to make sure that was resolved before sending them money.

1 Like

Oh! Smart @Anonymiss you said the word “base” which made me think about all the recipes here for bases/stones which more likely come from knowledgeable mixologists. In the Flavor Search enter “base” and “stone” Now of course those would be multiple flavored recipes, but could return interesting results you were not expecting, and possibly more helpful making juice (samples from Vapecrafter). When you click on a result there should be more details under “Notes” “Commonly Used With” and “Recipes”

1 Like

I have considered it before and they seem like good people, but I haven’t ordered from them. I would, though, if there were a recipe that had a lot of flavors I didn’t have and I didn’t want to make that commitment or if it were a bunch of flavors I knew I wouldn’t use in anything else. If they take paypal and you have paypal, I’d use that option. That way, if you don’t get what you order you can file a claim with paypal.

1 Like

Yeah being brand new to DYI there are just a ton of flavours I dont have right now even after spending quite a bit on flavours, so this seems to be a good way to go to try new things. Then if I like a recipe alot I can buy those ingredients and add them in to my collection since its cheaper to order a little sample of base then to order 5 or 6 more flavours. Besides after buying a scale, bottles, nic, pg, vg, syringes, droppers, a label maker and about $200 in flavours I really need to be a little tighter with my money for a bit lol.

I totally get that. The upfront cost is kinda steep, but you’ll save money in the long run…eventually. LoL. I’d stick to something like a 10ml flavor base that way you’ve got enough to see if you like it but you’re not wasting a whole lot of money either way. Price-wise, it’s about 3x more expensive to do vapecrafter than to order flavors individually. Obviously, that’s gonna change with complexity of the recipe and where you’re getting your flavors and such. If you do decide to do it, let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw a link where Gremlin DIY was selling 5ml bottles but checking I see they are not really half the price of 10ml. The site (like many others) is having a Father’s Day sale this weekend however

Placing an order today for a bunch of bases from them… had an issue (technical) with the cart and they were kind enough to provide me a coupon code for my trouble as well which was very kind of them. Im pretty excited to see how this goes. The idea for this service is really good lets face not everyone can dyi and have a decent vape at the end this would be a cheap alternative to buying premium juices especially for sub ohmers… Its also a great way to try stuff before buying a bunch of new flavours to mix (which is why im doing it).

I will let you guys know once they are received how efficient they are at actually getting them out the door in the mail, and of course the quality of the product received (a put in a couple juices I have in fact made and in bulk so I can compare)

2 Likes

the cost for 10 ml base via elr is 3.99. So I cant complain about that especially if you think of it this way on a recipe that calls for 10% flav that 10 ml is going to turn into 100 ml of finished eliquid (I can live with that after paying $20 for every 30 ml of eliquid for so long) still cheaper to mix it myself but no a terrible waste of money besides if I dont like some of the recipes someone else is liable to love it and I can just pass them on (my brother is a cheap skate so he will take them even if he dont like em lol)… if it works out will be a great way to try new stuff while I slowly build up my own supplies and possibly give me stuff to vape while my expirements take place (with the exception of my sweet icecream and blueberries my recipes taste like a$$ lol)

2 Likes

uhmm is his name Mikey by any chance?
Age Check!

3 Likes

Please come back and let us know how this went! This was a recent unanswered question and very interesting topic for me. Sorry there was a problem but congrats on the discount!

3 Likes

Hello,

I didn’t use the link from here, as I only became aware of ELR through their website after placing my order with Vapecrafter. Anyhow, here’s my experience with them so far:

Ordered a 30ml bottle from them about 3 months ago, using their “Crafter Simple” package, where you just say how you’d like it to taste, what VG/PG ratio you’d like, how much nicotine you wish for etc…

Mine was called 'Dewy Garden" and I requested a 50/50 PG/VG with 12mg nicotine, to taste as follows: “Peaches, tea, apricot, passionfruit, more tea, roses, jasmine, cantaloupe, honeysuckle. A dewy garden, with just enough sun warmth to take morning tea and enjoy the warming scent of fruits and blossoms. Smooth but not sweet, cool without being notably mentholated or minty. Possibly other flavours or notes also, as appropriate?” You can order it with this Mix Number: VC3079-1.

It shipped in under a week and the result was spectacular. It is really good value, especially if your recipe calls for a lot of ingredients or if, like me, you don’t have a clue about additives and amounts.

Went back to reorder 120ml, with a slight adjustment to the flavour profile. This was super simple as I just used the code of the original order and stated that I wanted nectarine in place of the apricot. It is called “Nectarine Dewy Garden” and is mix number "VC3195-1"
I was a little dismayed when it had not shipped after about 15 days, so got in touch via the form on their website. They got back to me very fast and apologised and explained and have offered me a coupon for a 30ml bottle :slight_smile:
It has now arrived (in four 30 ml bottles, which suits me better than one huge bottle) and it is spectacular. I am thrilled with the results.

It states on the website that they’ll send the actual recipe used, so that one can mix it up oneself, or share it with others, or order it with adjustments via their more advanced packages. I did not get this, and couldn’t get a response from them about it. I did, however, get a link that I can use for reordering and sharing purposes. http://www.vapecrafter.com/products/autoshareit?OrderNum=VC3079-1 or http://www.vapecrafter.com/products/autoshareit?OrderNum=VC3195-1 respectively

Still no recipe, but am confident that I can obtain this by emailing Kaween or Justin directly. Indeed the website states that people are more likely to get a response this way.

All the best.

X

6 Likes

First time posting on the forums, but hey guys nice to see some discussion about us! This is Kaween, the head of the company.

Firstly, Feuille, sorry I didn’t see the service e-mail inquiring about the recipes – I’ll make sure that gets sent to you this afternoon. It’s not the best system we have there, it’s supposed to be a word doc that gets generated the same time as the production spreadsheet and e-mailed when it’s saved in our DropBox. We’re trying to make the process a little more seamless but it’s hard to do with programming.

International shipping is also a bit of a challenge for us which is why that order took so long. Our standard lead time is 3-5 business days for anything custom. Sometimes during busy periods we do go over that goal, and during slower periods we can ship next-day. Operating VapeCrafter for two years now, we’ve come to understand with a product like this it’s very hard to guarantee ship times besides giving a general range. Between inventory and available labor it’s a constant balancing act but we do the best we can here. If anyone ever orders and they don’t see a shipping confirmation e-mail in three days or so, feel free to e-mail directly and I can see exactly where in the process it is – kaween@vapecrafter.com

Besides this, if anyone has any questions or concerns about vapecrafter I’m all ears.

Something you all may be interested in is that we are launching our own line of flavors trying to beat the FDA filing timeline. We’re looking at releasing about 200 flavors between now and 8/8. We’ll start with 10 flavors on July 15th and we’re going to give away several sampler packs of 15 mL bottles of them, look for a post on the forum around then!

9 Likes

3-5 days for this level of customization is very reasonable @VapeCrafter :slight_smile: Very cool and unique service, ive never seen anything like it.

3 Likes

Welcome Kaween! So glad you decided to join us. It’s always nice to see vendors and manufacturers interacting with customers in a positive way. :smiley:

6 Likes

This will be fantastic. Always excited to try out some new flavorings. Can’t wait, I would really love to get some samples to try out. Perhaps they will replace some of my current flavor choices!? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Ken_O_Where

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, Kaween. Sounds interesting, would love to hear more info on the flavorings such as the carrier liquid they will use and their strength compared to other known companies.

2 Likes

Kaweeen,

Welcome to the forums. No need to apologise at all. I hadn’t got round to emailing you directly about the recipes in any case, so the fault lies with me there.

As for the shipping, both of my Vapecrafter orders overtook orders from Giant Vapes (based in Rhode Island), using the same USPS service, so I think you are doing really well on that front.

I hope my review didn’t come across as negative - just wanted to give as much detail as possible.

X

2 Likes

Got the actual recipes, as promised, for both of the orders I made. They are not at all what I’d have tried had I begun to experiment myself or via their more advanced packages, and thus they have saved me untold amounts of faffing around with expensive, wasteful and very frustrating mistakes. Am going to stick with them rather than make up stuff myself, as they are so cost effective and high calibre.

This company is genius and I think they are seriously underselling their skills.

Also got an extra coupon as an apology for the delay with the recipes which is super generous. :heart_eyes:

Pro tip: email Kaween or Justin directly for customer service queries.

X

2 Likes

Im glad you got your recipes… Im still anxiously awaiting my order to ship (I know it’s custom it takes time, but man waiting on vapemail is hard especially if its something your excited about lol).

2 Likes