Anything to make a sale

i stopped into the local vape shop the other day just to say hello , so the new salesman and i start talking and he starts with his BS stories to get me excited ( lol thank god for elr i knew better ) we start talking and i tell him i love the wismec theorim except for the fill hole , so he proceeds to tell me they put out a v2 of the theorim , i get excited and say do you have one , he then pulls out wismec cylan ( i believe its called ) so i say dude thats not a theorim v2 he then goes on with a story of how they didnt want to call it theorim v2 bc of the flaws on the original smh i look at the owner and said really lol , has anyone else went to a vape shop knowing the sales guy was full of it because of the knowledge you have gained being a part of this forum any stories would be great to hear

6 Likes

Oh yes. I won’t go through it.

I love know it all’s ( like me, hah) especially when they no more than actually exists. They also have the privilege of being access to a world of knowledge in there own special realm.

I often call them on their BS say 50% of the time. I just do it to enjoy the make believe back pedalling. Did he also know everyone in the biz. Often they are the most lovely guys at the same time, which is cool. Desperate to be liked, I like to say to myself they mean absolutely no harm. Funny though.

5 Likes

oh yes and he has his favorite vendor juice which is special because they use their own concentrates which they make themselves so know other juice company can make the same thing and it cant be cloned it was especially funny when i explained how many different flaves they would have to make for all the different juice and somehow he even knew the amount in a couple juices it just cracks me up , ive all told my sales people dont make shit up because there is a chance a person may know as much as you or even more if they took the time to research so just sell the product for what it is !!!

3 Likes

Yup I was looking for some LG hg2s , the guy told me they were out but he had some 3500mah 40amp 18650s. When I asked him if they were legit, he said totally! And those are what they recommend going with mods they sell. After that I just sampled some juice and asked when the LG was going to arrive and left.

4 Likes

The woman who owns and runs a local vape shop here is so transparent. She knows the prices are ridiculously high and the vibration of borderline guilt is intolerable. I love mentioning that i can smell Cap this or FLV that lol they get real quiet like afterwards.

2 Likes

i see a few in this thread…

i wouldnt say anyone is being a know it all , unless talking about experiances at vape shops is knowing it all , i dont see how this statement is warranted @Fozzy71 ???

If talking down/to/about people is fun for you have at it, I will mute this thread

1 Like

if your offended because we are talking about sales people who LIE to make a sale that is unfortunate and yes if someone is full of shit ill call them out everytime without remorse , or the fact that we are lucky to have a forum that has helped us gain knowledge not to get bullshitted, you read the title what did you expect

1 Like

why respond dont you want to ignore me ??? yes i have read my first post it tells about me telling my sales people not to lie to make a sale , im in different peoples homes every day helping them
but never have to make something up or lie to make a sale , isnt there something shameful in that , look i never mean to offend anyone but if i have offended you because you work sales i apologize but i truly feel unless your a lying saleman you shouldnt be offended and if you are thats on you , but to ignore people just dont post on a thread they are on , however your statement above about talking about people or saying bad things is pretty hypocritical especially after the ignorant thread you started abiut ignoring some idiot

1 Like

tl;dr, congrats u ran someone off the forums

not my intention however , you are the one who started the negative crap by calling people on this thread know it alls , see none of us were saying anything about anyone here on this forum or thread we were speaking about experiances we have had it wasnt until you called us a bunch of know it alls , YOU are the one that made these choices not me

Listen here you two, because I know it all. I know what is best for you. So listen up.

Walk away from this thread and come back when you have calmed down.

I don’t want to hear it just do what I say. (Morphed into my father)

Bah, fight fight. Lol. I’m kidding. I’m happy to be a know it all, I get shit sometimes but it comes with the territory. It’s just me, Im happy with that part of me, because least I’m not an arsehole(99.9%) hah.

3 Likes

im good and over it , i just refuse to allow anyone to talk negatively about me for any reason especially when it isnt justified

1 Like

When I was a newb I would visit the vape shops kinda regularly. But over time it became less and less. Still drop in some mostly to say hi and BS a bit. But yeah, I’ve seen some real winners working these places man. Selling clones and passing them off as genuine, wild stories about the quality of their juices. I even had one try to sell me a Tesla mod when I was shopping around for my first DNA - said it worked exactly like the DNA. I think it was Tesla’s first TC mod. I mean it’s one thing to be ill-informed, but it’s quite another to talk out your ass just to make a sale.

5 Likes

ya the funny thing is im new to rda / rta its something im still figuring out so if it wasnt for reading here on the forum i wouldve possibly believed his story about the cyclin being the theorim replacement lol , i did walk out with a new kit to build coils for cost since the owner is a buddy he likes to take my money even if he breaks even lol he even shows me his invoice lol

1 Like

I did for about 35 years. Rule number one DO NOT EVER LIE. If you get caught in a lie you have ruined not only your but the company you work for’s credibility. Rule number two. The customer is always right until the customer is wrong. And yes there comes a time when the customer can be wrong.

5 Likes

I agree with you, and knowing what you do for a living you have a great attitude toward your client/cusomters. We need more honest respectable people like you in the customer service/sales fields. Go get em FV.

1 Like

I was the floor manager at a western wear store in Clovis Ca, and was talking to our Resistol sales rep about the black gold 20 X felt hat when some sidewalk cowboy comes in and starts talking about the 1000 X Bradford (Bradford was part of Resistol and they never made a hat with that high of a quality) hat he has. I listened for a while and then asked him to tell my friend about it. He rambled on for a good 5 minutes about it. My rep told the guy he’d like to see the hat sometime and to call him the next time he had it on him when he was in town. Gave him a business card and headed for my stock case to make sure I had everything I neded. the sidewalk cowboy just sorta slinked out under the door. It was friggin hilarious. The look on this guys face the minute he read that business card from Resistol. Yeah that know it all works both ways lol

3 Likes

when i was younger ( 40 jan 10) i always thought i could bs my way through a sale and tell the customer what they wanted to hear i was very good at adapting to my customer regardless age and gender it wasnt until i was completely embarrased and called out about 15 years ago by a customer who did all their research lol but it took awhile to learn the real meaning of value , integrity etc ive learned know matter how long your in an industry ( 20 + flooring ) we cant know it all and its a lot easier to be honest and ask if you dont know instead of bs the customer to look smart the customer will appreciate you taking the time to find out the truth people especially these days are just as smart as the saleman with the web at their disposal and sometimes you get to guide them away from the crap they may have read on the web the internet has made sales a little more interesting

1 Like