Anyway to block users?

I rate my favorites higher and then sort the My Recipes area by rating. Makes the ones I use most often easier to find. Does that help?

Some people on here have hundreds of recipes. There are currently very few options for organizing and sorting them. Daath has promised us better organization tools in the future such as folders, but for now we have to make what’s available work.

3 Likes

Yep, saw your immediate edit…
It has nothing to do with daath…
he is awesome, and apparently a wizard.
To resume, we were discussing something different…to my knowledge.

1 Like

Privately or publicly ?

1 Like

It’s the same rating. That’s what I’m trying to get through. :wink:

1 Like

So, if I have a recipe, keep it private, never rate it myself, how does that help organize it by ratings?
You mean by your own ratings, not publicly?

Big Benny and I just went fishing…
I bought the diesel [and free ice] and he paid for the chum,
ballyhoo, beer, and promised to throw the castnet for pilchards.
I will take up the slack if he fails, but I have faith in my Brother.
We will stop before the headpin and catch a few dozen pinfish
and put in the live well, and probably stop at the patches (before)
and get some live lobster from the reef for lunch later.
He has already taken a shine to my first mate, Amanda…
I think it’s gonna be a good trip.
Pics from Benny…later.

1 Like

I smell what you’re steppin’ in. :wink: I use things like + * and ~ at the beginning of my recipes. ** is something to mix and ++ is something I’ve mixed and am steeping and/or testing. Both of those sort on top of the list with ** and then ++. ~ is something that I use to denote things like stones, bases, recipes for friends, tester recipes, etc.

3 Likes

Yup, stars just work well for me without having to make a lot of manual naming conventions.

1 Like

Benny and I are making juice on the poop deck…
vaped most of what we had when he was fightin’ that big sailfish on his line.
He will be incognito as we eat the fresh lobster, dipped in butter, that
we plucked from the reef just a few hours ago.
Wish you were here…

2 Likes

I can’t speak to any difference between the young generation and old farts. I’m 50 and in the overall scheme of things in the vaping world, feel like an old fart myself. Assuming your question was genuine, here’s my explanation -

I currently have 13 pages of recipes and a total of 302 recipes. (pales in comparison to others!)
For recipes that are my own creation, I always put the parenthetical SthrnMixer Original, which is how I organize between my own and other’s creations. Partly because I want to always avoid the impression of stealing, and also because as the number of my own creations gets ever larger, it could be difficult to keep up with what I made and what I borrowed. I WILL NOT put another person’s recipe out as if it were my own.

Now to explain the rating system and how I use it…
5 stars - I like it as is, and it seems to not need any adjustments
4 stars - I like it as is, but it could possibly use some adjustments
3 stars - it has potential, can be vaped as is, but likely needs adjustments
2 stars - never used
1 star - has potential but needs work. Not ready to abandon but certainly not going with the recipe as it stands
0 stars - not made, not tested, or just plain hate it.

That’s how I keep recipes in my recipes section organized. I only use this on my recipes, never on other’s. So it doesn’t matter to me whether they are public or private, I use this for my own benefit. The other part - so that others may try them and offer constructive criticism - I would think is self-explanatory. Some folks may shy away from trying a recipe that has only been rated by the mixer, others shy away when no rating has been made at all. I don’t really care because it takes all kinds to make a world, but the ones who try my recipes I’ve rated have been mostly kind enough to say - yes, I love it, or hey, maybe add x or y. It’s been helpful in so many ways.

7 Likes

Very well explained @SthrnMixer . I do exactly as you explained as well. I just don’t make public anything less than 4 stars. I feel as though it would be just more clutter and wasting other people’s time. But that IS my humble opinion.

4 Likes

I gave him low stars on a recipe b/c i thought it was a horrible recipe and had noticed he gave every one of his own recipes 5 stars. -and maybe its just my opinion, but I dont agree with rating your own recipes for the public.

then i get this in my inbox:

“Get a grip little boy… you can 5 star your own recipes in recipe edit… now go play pokemon before mummy tells you its bed time”

So i promptly down voted the rest of his recipes due to his rudeness. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: sry but not sry.

This is exactly the kind of ridiculousness we DON’T NEED on ELR.
Take it back to Facebook please ya’ll.

4 Likes

I 100% agree w/ @Alisa and @SthrnMixer the rating system they follow is basically the same as the one I use. I have over 400 recipes that are all mine. Some are not rated at all and those recipes are on index cards to revamp and make tweaks.

I welcome comments and criticism as well as rating on my recipes. I am going to continue to use my system it works for me. Yes I know it seems unfair to some but everyone can rate so it really isn’t unfair.

This has been discussed several times ( rating system ) and I believe we always have a strong split in the way we feel.

The other system is very similar to @JoJo I’ll use asterisk and pluses for different reasons but that another thread all together.

I think down rating by purpose should get you suspended from using the calculator and the forum for a lock out period like punishment. No one needs to be a bully and Bc the OP decided he felt good about his recipe doesn’t make it right that the troll down rated and showed his maturity level and went about down rating every single recipe the OP posted that seems unfair and really more work than it’s worth.
@Psy_Labs continue to use the rating system as you feel free to do so.

@KizPDX was it really worth all the time you spent down grading and being wrong knowing you were. This type of troll behavior isn’t appreciate nor is it welcomed here. If you can’t simply write that the recipe needed some tweaks or hey what about a it wasn’t for me thanks for the share what is so wrong with that ? Just know you won’t get far in this community where we look after each other and do disagree at times but always seem to come back together by your actions down rating those recipes makes you yes immature and yes you should go erase them daath has enough to do in his day than to clean up after your mess.

7 Likes

I don’t want to get into a back and forth over this. However, what I see is one member choosing to make an ass of himself and be verbally abusive, and another making an ass of himself by retaliating. To me this is nothing more than two people acting like children rather than adults.

However, I do want to interject a thought here. If you (or anyone else for that matter) finds people rating their own recipes to be offputting, please just either live with it, ignore it or go away. Being hateful and pointing fingers is of no use. For those of us who have been here from day 1, we’re very proud that this is a kind and respectful community. Keeping it that way is everyone’s responsibility.

6 Likes

@SthrnMixer Thanks for taking the time…and yes, I understand.
Only question is…if you give it 5 stars, is that after it has aged any, or freshly made?

I rate mine very similar but lean more towards @Alisa method. I only have a hundred, maybe less, and most are in a steno pad, and made before I found @daath and the miraculous calculator, and even after I found ELR I would print the recipe and put it in a binder. I wasn’t familiar with the tools here, and the only reason I have a couple public is because I thought ‘private recipe’ meant it was special, or something I had in commercial use, so I unchecked them. I also used the e j me up calculator and printed them off before finding ELR.
Many that are in my steno pad were made at my local vape shop that my neighbor owns. They have their own line, and hanging out there gave me access to almost any flavor I wanted…free. Things change, they had to get completely commercial, and the ‘backroom’ became a real lab, so I couldn’t come and go anymore, for legal reasons. It was fun, hanging out with all these mad scientists…in a cloud all afternoon. There was some wild shit made in there.

So I’m guessing, like @JoJo and @Amy2 rate using punctuation it depicts aging, steeping, etc. along with all the rest?

@Big_Benny_MI also was a great tutor, he walked me through a lot to understand the tools here.

I think I have a pretty good grip on it now [lalala…got my hands in my pockets…lalala] :grin:

Again, thank you for taking time…all of you.

1 Like

That depends. If I get a sense it’s good right after mix and I try it and it is, I will rate it and sometimes post it or sometimes wait. I will always try to put in comments if it is a shake and vape recipe. For those I don’t really care how it turns out when aged because i am saying it’s good a the time of mix. Yes, I should probably hold off until it ages so I can share that too, but I figure if I call it a SnV and someone hits me with a flame thrower because after a few weeks it doesn’t taste good anymore, well they obviously didn’t read my notes so it’s not a worry. On the other hand, if I have one and discover it needs a long steep to be good, I wait. Like with one I just released. Click on the recipe and you’ll see my notes.

Mixer's Fruit Cake (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient%
Apple Pie (TPA)1.5
Butter Pecan (FW)3
Cake Batter (CAP)0.4
Cherries (INAWERA)0.2
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)1.5
Lemon Sicily (FA)1.5
Strawberry (MF)1
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)5
Vanilla (MF)0.6
Vanilla Butternut (LA)0.2
Wild Raspberry (MF)0.5

Flavor total: 15.4%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

Kinda how loud noises attract zombies.

2 Likes

Ya, I’m a stickler for reading the notes, I’ve read them on some of your other recipes, and especially when the recipe has more than 6 or 8 flavors.

I have been making flavored bases a lot these last few months, letting them age, then making my juice. I have 6 recipes that I use in rotation. Ones that I like a bunch that have similar flavors, so I make the base and it’s faster to get a SnV if I run low on one and need some quick…if that makes any sense.

2 Likes

why didnt I think of that… gosh… so obvious… I have been using the calculator in private, Notepad offline, and a basic 1subject notebook… index cards just makes more sense, especially once I starting getting a bunch under my belt, I could use an alphabetical organizer or something… Mind Blown

Daath already dealt with it, shortly after it happened, I think… was in IRC with them when he was told of the issue/situation

1 Like