Apple mixes are killin me

I would like to tell you all that I cannot get a good recipe with TFA apple to taste good…First I tried one recipe with apple,bavarian cream and graham cracker that was supposed to be an apple pie that tasted like nail polish remover… second, I tried a recipe with apple, cinnamon danish swirl that was an apple danish recipe that tasted like nail polish remover…I tossed both after shaking and steeping for 5 days…these are either TFA or Cap flavors from Wizard labs. The VG is new and so is the PG…I measured exactly as the recipe said using the e-juice calculator but still…I made a peaches and cream recipe for my wife and she loved it, so I made more. No problem with other flavors either, just apple so far. I tried experimenting with a double apple cream flavor by calculating it but it was just blah tasting. I really like apple vape juices and have tried quite a few I really enjoy, Vapejoose has a good Jackapp and SuperNatural has a really good double apple cream that is addicting…lol but I cannot make a apple recipe to save my life…any help here would be wonderful. I have been mixing for about 3 months now and it’s 50/50 most of the time. getting tired of tossing these recipes that taste so foul… Bob.

1 Like

Haven’t used TFA Apple, but I love some FA Fuji Apple. It’s superb on it’s own or in a mix.

Have you tried your TFA Apple in a single flavor mix, maybe around 10-12% (that’s where I’d start based on user data from this site) just to see if maybe it’s just not a flavor you like?

5 Likes

Second that! and doesn’t take much to make the mix killer. Great with a good tobacco and caramel.

3 Likes

It’s funny you equate Apple TFA with nail polish as well. As soon as I put some in a tank tonight I immediately smell the same thing even though this batch has been steeping for over 3 weeks. I think it will only be a mixer for me and not take the lead in a mix. Fuji Apple FA will just have to be my lead flavor for Apple mixes. Also LA has 2 pretty good ones green and red you may try those and pick up some Fuji if you don’t have it already.

3 Likes

I learned the hard way… What’s on the bottle is not always what’s in the bottle. I learned to research flavors and user experiences before I purchase a flavor, instead of after. Lately this thread has been contributed to a lot more often. It pays to get the best flavor/vendor options for your mixes.

4 Likes

Me too! I tried 2 different muffin man type recipes and both tasted like crap. I thought it was the cinnamon flavorings as I don’t use either very much but the chemical taste is very similar to nail polish remover. Luckily I got a bottle of Fuji apple in yesterday so I feel more confident to try it again.

5 Likes

Seems like the FA fuji apple is the way to go from all I have read so far. Thanks for the input and opinions…very helpful…

3 Likes

I’m all for Fuji myself and the only other apple I have I like is Cap’s Double apple. Anywhere from 2%-5% does the trick for me. I also have TFA’s granny smith apple from when I first started mixing (didn’t know better) and that shit is NASTY! I wouldn’t even use it as rat poison out of respect for the rats!
INW’s apples are supposed to be good as well but they were out of stock on my last order. Is the TFA apple you have the green apple? I almost got it yesterday but opt’d for a refill on my double instead, from what I hear it is supposed to be good?
BTW fuji apple is GREAT as a fruit enhancer too…around .5-1% gives your mix a little juiciness and boosts other flavors without giving your mix an apple flavor

4 Likes

I like the TFA Green Apple… but as a mixer. I use it with tobacco mixes. It will hold it’s own in a strong mix. I vote Fuji for a lead apple flavor though.

3 Likes

Thanks Darth, I bought the TFA apple, green apple and candy apple and so for I can honestly say they all are pretty bad.They almost have a tint of apple to them but mostly just a bad chemical smell. I ordered a bottle of FA fuji apple today so hopefully i will be mixin up some good apple pie soon!

4 Likes

Try this it will not disapiont
Fall Blanket : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/250459/Fall+Blanket

1.2% Butterscotch (FA)
2.2% Cookie (FA)
3.5% Fuji Apple (FA)
0.7% Holiday Spice (TPA)
3.5% Horchata (CAP)
1.2% Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)
5% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)

Flavor total: 17.3%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/2099

2 Likes

I know exactly what to do. You can add some TPA Green Apple or Granny Smith Apple making it about 8% of your apple. Other flavors I add to my Apple Mix are: Caramel, Caramel Candy, Cognac, Brown Sugar Fig, Toffee, Butter Toffee, Capella Apple Pie, Citric Acid, Saline. If I had to say which of these you must add, it would be the Green Apple and Caramel or Toffee. Brandy or Bourbon work well too.

I’m not sure if it would work if you used Citric Acid instead of tart or green apple, but if you don’t have any tart or green apple, you could try it.

I love, (top 3) my apple mix. I always add a tart or green apple to it. I love to vape it 50/50 Apple Mix and the recipe called “Derailed”. Other things… Add a very little bit of the recipe called “Cucumber Melon Slice” and optionally add some Absinth (licorice) to it also.

3 Likes

A bonus to getting the Fuji Apple FA is that it add a certain " mouth feel " to your mixes at low %. Also could be a slight sweetner.

2 Likes

Yup… I’m really enjoying the Fugi Apple. I’m adding it at 3%. Nice concentrated flavor. Love to add TPA Waffle and believe it or not TPA Raison. I guess I like a little bit of that burnt tire taste in my apple. Got to use it very sparingly.

2 Likes

I made on Sunday 10 ml Muffin Man with 5% Health cabin green apple and 5% TFA cin danish. I thought it came out very good. I also heard bad review on TFA apples. I know Health Cabin has a good green apple, good for mixes like The Muffin Man or Gambit by 5 Pawns

2 Likes

“Apple mixes are killin me” I recently bought some apple by tfa. In the list of ingredients I saw polysorbate 20, and that polysorbate “may” contain carcinogenic compound 1,4-Dioxane.

The tfa Apple only flavor I have with polysorbate 20. Should I be concerned, or is this old news?

Anyways, I use it in low amounts. So, until I learn more I’ll continue to use it.

The flavor is very strong to me. I use it at .5 to 2%. To me it has a strong apple candy and alcohol flavor. Polysorbate is a sugar alcohol. I wonder if letting it breath will dissipate the alcohol flavor. I,m still new to some of these flavors. Just trying to learn as much as I can, and look out for fellow vapers.

2 Likes

Just started letting the alcohol mixes breathe before adding pg, vg, Nic… Seems to help dissipate that alc smell and flavor

3 Likes

Some have been known to leave the caps off for bit especially when mixing with alcohol based flavors.

I also look at it in terms or the flavor or mix saying “I just need time and space.”

I made a basic strawberry custard. It was go, a little flat, then I recieved FA rassberry and tpa ripe strawberry. Added those in at a small percentages. Three days later steeping it was rock solid. 4 more days, wow flavors went insane (overly flavored). 4 days later just right. Partly due to the custard doing its job. The rest was just chemical reactions / flavors blending.

1 Like

Im not sure if you have these flavors. But i find it really really awesome. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/370018/french+apple+pie

1 Like

Eve should have never bitten into that damned apple. :cry:

4 Likes