August 8, 2016: What Does it Mean for Vaping?

Was talking with a"strictly vape" shop owner buddy of mine yesterday and he told me something that’s now burned in my brain, I was SO pissed off, apparently shop owners/employees are NOT allowed to talk about, or share any “stories” of how vaping got them to quit smoking and saved their lives, or anything relating to that per the FDA. I’m still sitting here thinking how is this possible? Can they really police this? Then they want to tell us that the big cigarette companies aren’t paying them? So angry about this!!!

1 Like

This is not good, I’m new to the vape scene and DIY juicing, having fun though, so this will make it harder to get the flavors and nic, as well as the mods I take it.

They seam to be only attacking the vaping side and leaving the food flavoring alone?? or have I misunderstood??
Apologies for being a little stupid on this one guys

1 Like

Today is the day our children are saved from the horrors of vaping!

2 Likes

1 Like

OK, so here we are. August 8. I’ve been to 3 of my favorite websites to shop for various things.

:smirk::blush::wink:

Everything is still the same as it was on August 7.

2 Likes

7 Likes

This one go’s out to the FDA today

https://youtu.be/Lg3YaGyuaTE

6 Likes

Just put in an order on Fasttech. Poof - went through like nothing.

2 Likes

While a few of the regulations came into force today, I believe the 4 major things (only 1 of which pertains to most of us) are that stores are not permitted to state that vaping can help you quit, stores that sell vaping products are not allowed to have minors enter the establishment, stores can not offer free samples, and what could impact us… no new products will be permitted in the marketplace without authorization (this includes “new” juice… i.e. if it hasn’t been on the marketplace prior to today, then it can’t be placed into the retail marketplace with out authorization)… I believe those are the main things at this point in time.

5 Likes

Add the fact that no Vape shop can build coils for people. They can not even set up the equipment for the consumer. Can’t even prime a coil for the customer. Labeling has to be a certain way now on Ejuices. There’s more but escapes me at the moment…

Oh by the way guys, if you fart while selling a Mod then that is considered manufacturing and is also subject to a PMTA with the FDA…lol

5 Likes

I thought that fell under the free sample category…

6 Likes

Hmmm, knowing the FDA, maybe both…

3 Likes

That’s the cheesecake sample when you take off your shoe.

1 Like

Can’t get a free sample of e liquid but you can go to your supermarket and get a free sample of food…

I guess vaping just isn’t at that corporate level yet, once it is and the governments can get their share, everything will be fine.

1 Like

I think they are saving the vape shops from
Heavy fines and liability by stopping them from building coils etc

What if one went wrong? Are you insured?

1 Like

Somehow I doubt the FDA cares if a Vape Shop gets sued over something like that. Their intention is to put Vape Shops and the rest of the Vape Industry out of business, why would they care?

6 Likes

I thought it was once the tobacco companies got their share (thus closing the small shops) the fda will be fine. Atleast here in the USA.

1 Like

I really cant argue with this because I watched a mod with an open RDA on it throw flames in vape shop… and no one can deny that you have to know what you are doing with coils. Not just the wattage and temp control but with metals as well. Let’s give them that one…

But to everyone else’s point no they don’t want us being able to do this ourselves without what we buy being taxed and regulated as tobacco products.

1 Like

No, actually what it did was overload ECX with orders over the weekend to the point they cant ship my stuff until tomorrow is what it did.:sob:

Call me a waaaaaahmubulance! :weary:

2 Likes

While I do kind of agree , what pops to mind is that at this moment you can go out to your car and sniff all the gas fumes you want and that is perfectly legal… Shouldn’t there at least be a sticker on the cap? lol

2 Likes