Australia and vaping

Government is going to protect its tobacco tax also big pharma want a piece of the action. It could be worse like tga approved devices only that would cost more.

7 Likes

I have the same distant hope about a species of people who do not need to look to politicians to arrange things for them.
People with the power, the balls and the common sense to say Fuck You and your Bullshit.

Are we in kindergarten? Does life not go on when these fuckers disappear?
Weā€™ve been without government many times. Things just continue, life continues.
Belgium was without government for a long time, Iā€™ve never seen them happier.

As long as people only revolt to replace one leech with another, nothing is going to change.
How many revolutions has this planet seen and did anything really change? No.
As long as people behave like sheep they will be treated as such.
They will put you out to pasture and frolic around. When youā€™ve grown enough meat and wool they will tie your legs together and sheer you.
When youā€™re lucky!
Thereā€™s always the butcher.

We are in dire need of a revolution of the mind. Nothing else is going to do it.

8 Likes

Its crazy in some countries how strict vaping is and you have the uk where vaping is promoted by the nhs and you can get whatever you want. Its crazy how things have changed because most countries and states in countries get more tax from tobacco sales that they prefer everyone to smoke. California and a few other states in the us has taking so many loans for future tobacco taxes that vaping is screwing them. They have trouble paying back their loans. And im sure a lot of countries have done the same thing.

6 Likes

Supp Peeps. Short time lurker , Shorter time poster :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I was just roaming Australian sites as you do and came across this. I know itā€™s not a new concept but I thought Iā€™d post it for anyone thatā€™s interested.
Iā€™ve used this vape business quite a few times and am happy to vouch for their service and products. Iā€™ve not used this particular service but my assumption would be itā€™s legitimate.

Editā€¦I just thought Iā€™d better add Iā€™m certainly not spruiking this business and apologise if it seems I am. Moderators please feel free to delete and suitability chastise me.

7 Likes

Iā€™m seeing something very strange. U of M (Michigan) which is in constant lock step with U.S. Gooberment propaganda is changing itā€™s tune. For years the response was always the echolalic ā€œvape bad, no vape!ā€. Now doctors are admitting vaping is better than smoking and advising vape over smoking. They are also differentiating vaping and smoking on charts. Maybe itā€™s just a lull in gooberment propaganda but itā€™s very noticeable. Absolutely no idea what means in terms of end game, probably nothing but for future insurance snags itā€™s good to see. Meanwhile, reality marches on as hospitals fill with drug related emergencies both organic and synthetic and if vaping is causing any health problems those problems have still to be identified. Cigarette stats stay stable.

11 Likes

$30 is cheap compared to others Iā€™ve seen, I wonder if there are further charges once you go through further.
Not that Iā€™m bothered or need it yet, I prepared for armageddon in 21.

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking as a Doctors consultation is more than that. Perhaps the nicotine is more expensive than it needs be?
It seems to good to be true but as I say Iā€™ve used VAPR and found them good so ā€¦ donā€™t know.
Iā€™d also be interested to see if anyone on here utalises this service and arrives at a known figure.

5 Likes

VAPR are one of my fav online stores, but have not used the Nic Script part as I have an annual one from elsewhere.

4 Likes

That was my first thought.

Iā€™ve found them good too, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve waited more than a day for delivery. Filling up a cart at the moment.

5 Likes

Fellow Australians if U havenā€™t stocked up on nicotine . Start stocking up new restrictions are coming. Nicotine strength will be restricted via the prescription system.
Flavour ban is coming also

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Nik_oo.

3 Likes

Our whole system here is pathetic and keeps bringing out unfounded information that is taken as fact, without actually citing references. Take the Australian Medical Associations latest attack on vapingā€¦

4 Likes

Andā€¦ apparently, according to the AMA submission to the TGA:

"The majority of ā€˜non-nicotineā€™ vaping products contain nicotine, and these are available in shops
and online, which undermines the TGA regulatory framework and misleads customers into
purchasing an addictive product. Further, non-nicotine vaping products also contain a range of
harmful chemicals and are an immediate public health concern.13 These factors complicate and
blur the line between regulation for nicotine/non-nicotine vapes, and therefore vaping
regulation needs to be considered holistically. "

ā€œThere are also significant risks from the substances themselves which warrant much stronger
regulation, testing and enforcement. For example, vaping product liquids regularly contain
products that are dangerous or are not correctly identified on the label. Non-nicotine vaping
products contain nicotine, 31% of vaping products registered in Australia contained prohibited
ingredients in chemical concentrations that exceeded the legal limit. These prohibited
chemicals include vitamin E acetate and diacetyl, which is linked to the condition called
bronchiolitis obliterans which can cause significant damage to the lungs. There are increasing
reports and established evidence of the harmful effects of vaping products, particularly in
children, such as nicotine poisoning, ā€œpopcorn lungā€ and vaping product Associated Lung Injury
(EVALI).ā€

The actual submission, which does cite references that are pure bullshit, is in a PDF downloadable at the following linkā€¦

5 Likes

@Ianc13 Iā€™m reading through ā€¦

SBS World News also reported the study found conclusive evidence that vaping causes addiction, poisoning in small children, seizures and loss of consciousness, headache, cough and throat irritation and burns caused by exploding batteries.

E-cigarettes are ā€œa complex cocktail of chemicalsā€, some of which are poisonous, according to new research thatā€™s being used to back calls for a government crackdown on vapes.

ā€œPeople using vapes are inhaling a complex cocktail of chemicals.ā€

Users of nicotine e-cigarettes could also be poisoned by the nicotine itself, the report said.

Nicotine poisoning can cause seizures and respiratory depression, which can result in death, according to Cancer Council Victoria.

ā€œEvery state and territory government must crack down on the hundreds of retailers illegally selling e-cigarette products outside of pharmacies, under the noses of authorities,ā€ council chair Anita Dessaix said.

The report also found that most use of e-cigarettes is not for smoking cessation, since most smokers who vape continue to smoke

Soooo much to unpack here, and Iā€™m just getting started ā€¦

3 Likes

ā€œWe have got to get ahead of this because children are the ones that are the victims of this,ā€ he said.

4 Likes

Itā€™s all such BS and designed to create an atmosphere where smoking a cigarette is not as bad for you as using a vape. The ā€œdo goodersā€ that are behind this crap are really doing a job in both their constant lobbying and the media releases that the main outlets here run with to the max. All based of creating fear amongst parents, to create change in public opinion, and to stop the slow down on tobacco taxes IMHO.

5 Likes

There going to get rid off personal importation scheme and we need to get a script for 20mg nicotine which will be dispensed from pharmacy but I have read on Dr Alex Wojak twitter page that the pharmacy guild has said they wonā€™t stock nicotine. but only 1%of doctors actually do nicotine scripts and according to health minister thereā€™s 2million vapers. Sounds like these so called experts are so bloody dumb.

6 Likes

All they are going to do is make the black market even more lucrative. Same thing happened with Chop Chop Tobacco when they started increasing cigarette prices. I wonder how they will feel, or if they will even care, when the ā€œchildrenā€ they are so worried about go to cigarettes instead as they are easier to get hold ofā€¦

5 Likes

Must be already, my brother said the disposables are getting cheaper. He still smokes and last I saw he had some funky chinese brand, smelt like shit.

Barely anyone in the smoking area at work has legit smokes and most of the other vapers have blackmarket disposables.

5 Likes