Australia and vaping

the letter from the Pharmacy Guild, some say they are pissed because the prescription has been dropped they will no longer receive the “dispensing fee” they receive for dispensing and therefore there’s no real money in it for them :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
4 Likes

I’m wondering if he knew all along that a lot of chemists wouldn’t stock any vaping stuff and simply appeased The Greens to get his master plan over the line. To be honest I doubt it would make much difference anyway as very few people would have bought anything from them. Too expensive and probably complete crap.
I really hope he’s laughing on the other side of his face come election time.

I’ve also been thinking that perhaps a shed load of vapers didn’t kick up a stink at these new laws for fear of government reprisal. But WILL show their contempt on ballot day. We will never know but considering what a complete pigs ear Labor have made of running the country (taking Blackmarket Butler out of the equation) anyway it could all go to shit for them soon enough. As I was driving home today I was actually thinking what I’d say to the Labor helper who shoves a bit of paper in my face at the polling station. I’d hope I could show some restraint.

3 Likes

Wasn’t one of the owners of Chemist Warehouse a good mate of someone involved in all this? I could be wrong but I thought some collusion was implied to the end that they’d do very nicely selling merchandise. I think the owner of Vape4Life even eluded to it during the sham inquiry?

3 Likes

You’re right @Gazza7

This post in reddit discusses it & has the text of the article below (paywalled) in it.
We should never forget the deal that was made by former Liberal Health minister Hunt, Liber pharmaceuticals & chemist warehouse & affiliates.
I sure as hell won’t.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aussievapers/s/9pA73U7LZm

3 Likes

An interesting read indeed.
So Priceline, Terry White etc will not stock anything but Chemist Warehouse will and the fat cats are thinking they’re going to feast on the demonised vapers as orchestrated. Well, I won’t give them a single cent and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
This has a long way to play out but let’s hope all involved end up loosing and with serious egg on their faces.
As each business and I’d have thought even individual pharmacists will have their own choice to stock anything or not presumably The ACCC can’t get involved either.

3 Likes

I think we’ll just have to wait and see how this plays out with the pharmacies.
I don’t believe anyone anymore.

As I said before, at least the prescription model (seems) to be dead and current smokers/new Vapers can get basic supplies and nic.

3 Likes

TLDR

• Do-it-yourself (DIY) home mixing is banned. Only finished products are lawful to dispense. Pharmacists cannot dispense ingredients for patients to use to mix their own vaping substances

• A commercial quantity is currently 14 vaping devices, 90 vaping accessories or 600mL of liquid vaping substance.

• The health minister has repeatedly said that personal possession and use of vapes without a prescription will not be an offence. However, state laws allow for jail terms of up to 2 years and fines up to $45,000. This contradiction must be resolved.

• For commercial offences, new maximum penalties of up to 7 years in jail and fines up to $2.2 million for individuals and $21.91 million for corporations apply.

4 Likes

What are they gonna do ?? Come search home?

3 Likes

So sorry @woftam , but great to see you pop in

5 Likes

Who knows mate but they could just do that. If they did they would get every single DIY person for commercial quantity.

4 Likes

Damn…Thats crazy , cant even make your own

4 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta say F$%k the popo. What are they gonna fill prisons with diyers lol. That would be insane

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes don’t say that out loud. Remember what happened with COVID ?

2 Likes

Very good to see you around @woftam, IF, even under these circumstances mate.

3 Likes

Guvernment hates competition ?

3 Likes

When Massachusetts banned flavors, they originally wrote the bill as if you were caught with an open “tank” system vape in your car they could seize the vape and your car. That fortunately wasn’t passed.

5 Likes

I just noticed Vape Trains flavors at DIY Canada are now listed as ‘Impact Flavors’
Did they finally change their name?
@McDuckie

9 Likes

Just found out they did change their name a while ago.

7 Likes

Good catch @Pastorfuzz. I just ordered from them, but wasn’t paying attention. I think I was looking at the Vape Train logo up top and didn’t notice.

5 Likes