Avoiding Spills

What do you do to avoid spills while mixing?
I have thought about rigging up a caddy to hold the bottles (but I am too lazy).
My current solution (no pun intended) is blu tack the bottles down on the table. Seems to work.

Thoughts?

BTW: “Be coordinated” is not a valid answer (for me anyway :slight_smile:).

7 Likes

LOL Well the be more coordinated is a start.

I have decided that like you, I will always have a spill here or there so now I do all my pouring on a beer tray - it doesn’t stop the spills but it does make clean up much easier.

Maybe a combo of blu tack and a beer tray will see you sorted.

11 Likes

Is your spillage due to an inability to hit the hole? If so mix in a beaker.
Otherwise try Woftam’s suggestion!

8 Likes

Thats a Great idea! I think I will start using a beer tray too, seriously. And maybe a few less beers before mixing, (I think I caught the Corona virus last noght)
Edit: last night

7 Likes

The only thing I really worry about spilling is my nicotine, and I bought the press in adapter for that. Not sure if that’s any help. They sell them at Delosi pretty dang cheap.

9 Likes

OK, I won’t be doing any of that.
I have 6x10ml bottles, a bunch of PG/VG, and 250ml of NIC.

I am out of my league.
Thank you for your time.
:joy:

4 Likes

All I heard is drink more beer. We could be friends.

6 Likes

I had a rubber mat for a time that I mixed on? Not sure if that would be easier?

3 Likes

Seems legit. The bottles I got were wonky. Slight breeze and they are over.

3 Likes

That is next level. And I did say don’t pick on me for the uncoordinated thing.

BTW: How good is this forum. And the calculator. Needs to have a premix PG/VG in the basic calc, but very cool guys & girls.

2 Likes

that seriously sucks so sorry!

2 Likes

Your point? What sucks?

2 Likes

I spilled half a bottle of MF Strawberry yesterday. That hurt. Mixing before work in the morning is officially off my list of acceptable practices.

4 Likes

the bottles being wonky. I know it’s a pain but have you thought about buying some small plastic bottles and re-bottling them? I’ve done that with glass bottles and poured them into plastic ones so I didn’t have to use pipettes.

2 Likes

Yeah, first try. That is why I am asking.

3 Likes

On a brighter note, haven’t touched cigarettes in over 4 months.

12 Likes

Congratulations!!!

5 Likes

Thanks Michelle. It can be hard. I am feeling better and jumping for joy at it. Still a NIC addict, but, well. I will work on that.

3 Likes

I hit the hole just fine, thank you.

I have references.

7 Likes

You’ve made it this far and doing great, huge accomplishment.

5 Likes