Avoiding Spills

Okay, I would have seriously cried over that one :frowning:

5 Likes

I have never spilt.
Just asking.

People seem to have a problem with that.
Makes me a little shaky.

2 Likes

Do you think people over engineer things?
Do you know how much NIC it takes to make someone sick?

Sorry, that is the biochemist in me.

2 Likes

Some of these look good. Some even come with caddys.
A little pricey though.

2 Likes

Nothing compared to the price of cigarettes.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only had one spill with nic on my hands in my mixing days and it was 100 nic made me a little nauseated but I quickly washed it off (always mix near a sink with running water for me) Thatā€™s why I got that adapter because I wanted to make sure if never happened again :slight_smile: I mix on a scale so pipettes are not for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could drink my NIC and not die. I would vomit and feel unwell but it really isnā€™t a problem. I am not going to explain about the 2 verified deaths due to NIC poisoning. Bad idea. Horrible death.

1 Like

I think nicotine is like everything else adults need to keep out the reach of kids, like meds, cleaning supplies, Boozeā€¦ little common sense goes a long ways :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you or anyone you know has suicidal tendencies please seek help.
Are You OK?
There is a brighter day.

2 Likes

We really care.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not too sure statements like that are a good thing to post. :grimacing: :astonished: Wouldnā€™t want someone encouraged to try something like that!

5 Likes

Back to the point CAP Mango, too strong

1 Like

Correct. Just makes you sick.

Dumb comment. Dumb thing to do.

2 Likes

I want to hear what you have to say Phil. I could have said worse.

1 Like

About what? Sorry, no one asks me specifically for my thoughts very often. I usually just volunteer them.

7 Likes

does anyone\everyone were rubber or neoprene medical grade gloves when mixing? I try not to pour nic juice down the sink. I pore it into the trash with lots of paper towls in it or (if and when) I get an over flavored bottle, im going to take it and dump it in the woods.

1 Like

I use syringes to measure. as for containing spills, I will use a plastic cake bowl, a premade tinfoil thing you buy at stores (have an old one, I just reuse it). Sometimes I just fold up a piece or 2 of aluminum foil and put it on the counter. I keep a good de-greaser on the counter and MASSIVE amounts of paper towels.

Iā€™m sorta cheap so I ā€œinovateā€ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It actually keeps it clean.

The easiest way for me to avoid spills is to clean old juice bottles.

(prepping bottle) I take the cap off. there is the clear plastic piece with the refilI tube. I cut a little bit off the outer edge of the bottle, then put the cap back on. I trim the plastic so itā€™s loose enough for me to pry off with my fingers but wonā€™t pop off when full.

Every time I go to mix, I take the caps off both (non flavored, empty), measure with the syringe the amount of non flavored then put the cap on the non flavored one I pulled the syringe out as I transfer the syringe to the empty bottle. with the pan\bowl\foil under both, It actually keeps it tidy believe it or not.

Then repeat until I have enough juice measured to start flavoring.

Yes, long explanation but itā€™s a cheap idea for someone who doesnā€™t want to spend a ton of money. Thats how I avoid and contain.

1 Like

Yep, absolutely every single time I wear gloves (hides in the corner because since I got the press in adapter it doesnā€™t spill and I donā€™t need them but know I should be wearing them so Iā€™m going to say I do) You should ABSOLUTELY wear gloves!

2 Likes

Youā€™re talking about a nic shot? I got some of that on my finger and it blistered it. Then felt the nausea. I pay special attention now when dealing with that stuff. The only way I know how to completely avoid a spill would be to hot glue the bottle down, then do all the other stuff, then scrape the bottle off the bottom and break the glue off the glass.

2 Likes

Oh no, not a nic shot. I just got this plastic piece for my bottle, pictured above. It fits down into the bottle with only a small opening for a syringe and it reseals when the syringe comes out. :smile:

1 Like