Back after smoking relapse

I know the NIC. Now you said refridgerator, not freezer right ?

NIC will always last far longer in the freezer, in air tight containers. As far as your existing NIC, as others have said, the SMELL can be the first sign of oxidized NIC, and along with a peppery taste, harshness, etc. The color can also provide a QUICK toss or keep determination. Can you smell it, and/or post a pic of it for us ?

These two might require a little “testing” to see. Obviously if they smell bad, have an off taste, chuck them. Too cheap to take a chance if you are unsure. PG and VG are both VERY sensitive to atmosphere, and water in particular. As long as the bottles were sealed tight, and in a dark(er), cool(er) environment, they may be fine.

1 Like

Hmmm, I know a LOT of answers, but not that one. Hehe, I’ve NEVER changed mine. Perhaps a shout out to @fidalgo_vapes, @Ken_O_Where, or @Rocky02852 can assist with that.

2 Likes

Hey thanks Drummer. That’s some good info. I haven’t gotten everything out yet to check it all out. Yeah, in the “fridge”, not freezer. Actually I read somewhere - way back when not to use the freezer. Another thing, I broke the bottle down into smaller bottles, so I might have enough air in them to cause problems. I’ll use your advice when I get rolling. Thanks again. PS: What has 2 legs and likes to hang out with musicians? A bass player - ba dop crash!

2 Likes

About the ONLY time you would NOT use a freezer would be if it is a auto defrosting type.

Breaking NIC down IS the way to go. I won’t go into all of the detail here, but will link you to the NIC storage thread. Heat, atmosphere (air), and light are the killers of clean NIC. All three will oxidize your NIC. Stopping any or all of them, extends your clean NIC lifetime.

Yes, I think that’s why my nic source said use fridge vs freezer - I have the old freezer on top, auto defrost. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

1 Like

Hey, thanks again, I’ll check that out soon.

2 Likes

What user name would you like @Gyreneosaurus ?

2 Likes

Was it marijuana? I do a lot of things i dont remember doing or the whys involved. I betcha Perry Mason could find out… :upside_down_face:

On a serious note, nice job with your stash. So very much appreciate it when i dont have to fix anything.

4 Likes

He wants “Mason_Perry”… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Can you change it for me? Or is it something I have to do? I erased the “Name” portion (under Username) - but it wouldn’t let me erase or edit the Username. Thanks.

2 Likes

I can try, just tell me here or message me which name you prefer

3 Likes

Was it marijuana? Not sure, can’t remember (Bwahahahaha). What do you mean my stash? My flavors? PS: Nice to meet you, pretty sure I’ve tried some of your great recipes. Thanks!

4 Likes

Yep, nice to see one with all the right flavor names, its kinda rare, hehe.

Nice to meet you too, if you have tried some i hope you enjoyed!

4 Likes

I was gonna go with Paul Drake, but, no. Now you know how old I am.

2 Likes

Your famous Strawnana Custard - I think it came out quite well if I recall. I struggled quite a bit, always rushing the steep or monkeying with the recipes.

4 Likes

Thanks Rocky, You’re The Man!

3 Likes

Hmmm… @Rocky02852 What else can you do with your magical powers?! :sparkles: :dizzy::boom:

1 Like

1 Like

Relapses back to cigarettes can happen and you’ve made a good decision to give vaping a try again. You’ve gotten some good advice from the folks here. Just want to welcome you back to the vaping and mixing world. You quit smoking before and can do it again !

3 Likes