Back to mixing after a while need some advice please

Sadly, I went back to smoking a few years ago. I started vaping again while on an extended vacation (6 months) back. Today I stopped by my local vape store to pick up some juice since my lab is in crates due to an unplanned move last year. Well it seems that I have been under a rock for 2 years :man_facepalming:t2:. I went to find some juice that I could use while I dug my lab out. So it seems no flavored juice in NY anymore just tobacco flavored juice… well kick me in the balls. Freekin politics.

Ok so I got back home and started to dig things out to make white tic tac juice nice and easy and I love it for mtl. Most of my notes are not too be found (((. I was using straight nic from a needle dropper bottle and can’t find my gram measurements for 3 6 & 12%. From what I can piece together from what I did find, this is what I came up with. 3mg nic final product. .05grams for 15ml of product , .09grams for 30ml of product & .18grams for 60ml of product. Can anyone please help me out here. I really want to get vaping again as I am really sick of the stinky sticks.

Another note I just checked my nic stash. My 4 oz bottle of pure nic is rather dark doesn’t smell that bad a little pepper/bark smell. I have 4 other bottles that I mixed up back when at 8oz 100mg PG and a sealed they were on the clearer side but possibly due to the dilution. All my flavors and nic were stored in cool and dark location nic in brown glass except for the 4oz which was in plastic but all in a sealed box.

On a side note on storage, they were stored in the same room as my reloading powders and primers so I am confident in the storage location. Everything goes bang from there))

Thank you for your help and advice

8 Likes

This is a link to the recipe side. Click on create recipe and once you fill in the parameters or you nic base how much you want to make it will give you what you need to add in weight or millimeters. And percentages.
Click around that side and explore. You can’t break anything.

5 Likes

Yes sir, I tried that but it will not let me use 100% nic. Needs vg or pg % for the nic.

Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome back @k12pilot.

I think you mean you have 100mg NIC ??

I hope you don’t have PURE NIC, as that’s pretty dangerous.

Most people use 100mg, 100%PG NIC. What type of NIC are you using again ?? What carrier PG, or VG ?

5 Likes

Ik. I have been using pure nic with precautions. A couple drops and I am off to mixing. I just can’t find my records. It has always been fine for me. Thanks

4 Likes

Btw all is weight based

4 Likes

Where did you purchase it from, and can you send a pic of the label, as “Pure” might be the brand, but I’m fairly sure it’s not pure NIC.

3 Likes

It is Pure nic. Og bottle is long gone now in glass. Purchased probably 5 years ago

4 Likes

The reason why I’m about 100% sure it’s not PURE NIC, is you would certainly need cryo storage, and hood vents, breathing apparatus as it’s just about TOXIC.

5 Likes

I can’t tell, but it doesn’t sound like it was stored in a freezer, and it’s 5 years old ?? It is dark ? If so I wouldn’t use it.

5 Likes

It was not that brand for sure. It is as viscus as water. Not stored in a freezer

4 Likes

Do you remember how much PG&VG you had to use to balance out a recipe?
From the numbers you stated in your opening statement it was ballpark for 100mg/ml for 6mg/ml mix.

3 Likes

I was playing around on here. Does this look correct for the nic amount

4 Likes

Your numbers look correct.
Never seen 1000mg/ml nicotine before. Normally sold at 250mg/ml down to 6mg/ml.
Please be careful using that high of nic. That is lab grade and be used under a hood. A little absorbed thru the skin is deadly.

7 Likes

@rcleven I’ve purchased pure before, BUT, I took EXTREME precautions, and diluted down to a MUCH safer 250/100mg working weight. I’m not sure that ELR is really the best place to be talking about using 1000mg, because of VERY required protection, and ventilation requirements. I don’t know why anyone would use it at that strength because of the dangers, and diluting down to a much safer 100mg not only makes mixing far easier, but safer.

6 Likes

Welcome back @k12pilot. I would put some serious thought into getting a fresh bottle of NIC. I will gladly send you a few 120ml juices of you liking to hold you over until your supplies arrive. Just say the word dude. :slight_smile:

Dan

7 Likes

First, congratulations for getting off the smokes! Welcome back. I’ll just reiterate what others have said. If your nic wasn’t stored in the freezer, after 5 years and how you described it, I would not use it. 1000 mg nic is very very dangerous and would have to be used in a real lab setting with full face protection, gloves, a gown/apron and ventilation. My suggestion is 100 mg pg base. That way if you happen to get some on your skin, it won’t kill you. 1000 mg can kill you.

I have a bunch of Jam Monster, I can send a few bottles if you just cover shipping. I stocked up after Massachusetts went psycho and banned flavors.

Good luck. Look for 100 mg pg base. Store in the freezer in amber Boston rounds, leave some room at the top and top off with argon gas (assuming you’ll buy by the liter) after you open. I break my liters down into 250 mg bottles after I open a liter. I leave a 60 ml jar in the fridge.

6 Likes

Put in the 100mg/ml nic in the ELR calculator and divide the outcome by 10.

You can change that in the preferences AFAIK

That’s a nice offer and safe! And indeed welcome back :hugs:

7 Likes

Thank you for your guidence folks, well being under a rock for a few years from the hobby it seems things have changed quite a bit. Suppliers I had saved come up blank ((. I guess the politicians have made head way on banning flavors MA also. is it a full blown ban or just in the blue states ? So my question is where do you get flavors now? I have a pretty good stash but am in need of FA Anise for Hic’s White tic tac, my fav MTL. I will be sending out some PM’s for your grateful offers. I got it on my 100% Nic it is all pretty brown. I found the OG label for my Nic (below) I do have 2 32oz and 4 4oz bottles of 100ml VG I mixed up back in the day ('17) & stored in brown Boston bottles with little to no air in them.
What say you about them?? Where are you getting new Nic these days?? It seems freedom smokes is DOA also. Here are some pix of what I have for Nic. the freedom smokes bottle is still sealed, hard to read the date code but I think 2/15. Thanks again, I am is glad I found this forum again )). seems YT have taken down most links to them also. (( Thanks Again

5 Likes

The OG label, even they come up DOA ((( The 16 oz of pure that was inside is pretty brown also ((

4 Likes