Battery Chargers recommendations

Hi all,
I have a XTAR VC8 8 Channel LCD Li-ion Battery Charger that is only a few months old but already some of the channels aren’t charging the batteries properly. I also have a NITECORE i4 Intellicharger Charger that is still working well, but I wanted to upgrade to an 8 bay charger. I’m thinking about getting a new 8 bay charger that is compatible for both 18650 and 21700 batteries.
What do you recommend? Thank you.

Edit: I’ve just been told by the Battery Systems Manager at the 18650 Battery Store that 8 bay chargers are prone to having issues, so what 4 bay chargers are recommended for both 18650 and 21700 batteries?

6 Likes

@KC111 sorry to hear that, and I’ve never owned an XTAR anything, so I can’t comment on that, BUT, my Opus has been abused for years, and is typically ALWAYS charging something, and it just doesn’t quit. You can also drain, balance, and repair cells if needed.

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer How well does the opus fit 21700 battery’s. I find that most other chargers that it is a tight fit and sometimes damages my batts.

5 Likes

Sheesh, you will have to teach me how you balance and repair cells.

3 Likes

i just looked at the opus, im thinking about it waiting on SD to update me

4 Likes

My more expensive Xtar is not recharging the batteries very well and I just got it a few months ago. SD’s word is as good as gold, I’m learning :rofl: :heart:

6 Likes

Well SD is good, but everything is always a matter of opinion. And everybody has there own, But SD I trust.

5 Likes

I just bought 2 and I used the WELCOMETO18650 coupon code, so if you do buy one, you can save about .88 cents each, LOL.

3 Likes

@KC111 Easy to read manual.

2 Likes

You bought 2 opus chargers? and thanks SD.

4 Likes

Yes, I am currently using an Xtar 8 channel, so this way I’m covered for several years.

3 Likes

@Psyc, @KC111 you guys have to realize how HARD the Opus has worked in my house, and for YEARS. I almost ALWAYS have 4 batteries charging, always. I carefully pull them out, without letting the springs SLAM, keep it clean, clean the dust out, and it just doesn’t quit. I liked it soo much I bought two spares. My original is years old, and have never had a break. The fan whirls up/down every now and again, then it’s silent for the rest of the day. Minor inconvenience at best. Ordered two fans as spares, never used them.

It has proven to be a workhorse.

7 Likes

I see a opus in my future. Thanks @SessionDrummer

4 Likes

And yes @Psyc, I liked it SOO much I bought 2 spare Opus chargers, never opened the boxes LOL. Waiting for number one to fail.

5 Likes

lol cool.
Thankyou so much.

5 Likes

Thank you Super Derek! What kind of cotton do you use?
Do you get vape juice all over your keyboard? My keys aren’t removeable so I have to use paper and suck it up via capillary action.

3 Likes

Use the coupon code, LOL.

2 Likes

I have been using this with only minor issues removing 21700 battery’s

6 Likes

@KC111

4 Likes

I almost bought that one, what issues are you having?

2 Likes