Battery Chargers recommendations

I only charge when I am home. I have a metal contraption set up in a spare room.
I always have the door closed so no pets can get near it.
A fire blanket draped over it and another nearby just in case.
No way I’m going to take any risks with things that can potentially go BOOM.

7 Likes

Crazy i have had mine for two years and not a single issue. Been a work horse. I think twice i had to push the negative legs on it cause they got a little bent but thats it. They just bent out from pressure of the spring load in it

5 Likes

How does this compare to muji?

3 Likes

@Psycho_316 I’ve never used enough Muji to compare.

2 Likes

If I move the same battery to a different channel, it charges for a little while then says FULL. It seems to be just that one, sometimes two channels out of 8.

4 Likes

Does it do the same thing with different batteries?

5 Likes

Yes, everything sucks on that one channel.

4 Likes

@KC111 I’m not trying to condemn your battery charger, but let me give you a hypothetical. If you are already experiencing problems, what if you wait, and it gets worse ? Battery chargers move plenty of current, can get hot, and in extreme cases of malfunction can overheat, fires, etc.

If you’re suspect of something, especially something that COULD be a hazard, better to play it safe, and replace it.

6 Likes

I will when the Opus arrives.

3 Likes

I deal with all order of electronics every day, and have seen countless examples of unintended consequences. I hope you love your Opus as much as I do.

4 Likes

I’m sure I will. What bums me out, though, is that I first asked the battery store a question through chat, they took too long to answer so I left them a note to answer me via email, so they did later that night. Then @Psyc recommended I get battery wraps, so I hit reply back on my email to ask them if they could hold off on shipping so that I could make another small purchase and they never replied back, but I got confirmation that my Opus order was shipped out today. I was like Crap, now it is going to cost me about $8 to place another order. Sorry, venting here.

4 Likes

No, vent away. The problem is, once an order gets queued, and starts going through the process, it can be almost impossible to “hold” or “modify” many orders, especially with larger companies. Small mom and pop shops, sure, as you’re order is still sitting on a table, maybe managed by only one employee.

5 Likes

I had to ask @muth the purpose of Battery Terminal Insulator Rings after I added some battery wraps to my cart. She said “They help prevent accidental shorts and sparks that will help in protecting your battery and mod. They also help to keep out dirt and dust.” I am learning so much. I do have more questions, will it make the battery even harder to fit in an already tight mod or charger?

4 Likes

Not at all. They should be thin, and fit AROUND the top post, which is the TALLEST part of the battery, which still needs to make contact to flow current. Doesn’t add any height or width. Non-issue with fitting. If they fit BEFORE the rings, they will fit AFTER the rings.

5 Likes

Ok, same question about battery wraps?

2 Likes

This can depend. SHOULDN’T make a difference. If you have a battery that just BARELY fits into a mod, and you put THICK wraps on the batts, it’s possible they may no longer fit, BUT, I think this is rare as wrap makers know the deal.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for all your time spent on this Mango Gal!

3 Likes

My slightly sour views on the battery store just changed to being mega positive. They just sent me a new invoice with a much less shipping charge to buy 2 pks of battery wraps and Battery Terminal Insulator Rings for two specific battery types. I think they saw your comment here and acted on it ASAP, :rofl:

6 Likes

You may want to look at imrbatteries.com, I deal with them mostly and they have also been great

5 Likes

Thank you, I have book marked that site.

3 Likes