Battery Chargers recommendations

Not sure where you’re located but Liion Wholesale is also an excellent battery dealer (PA, USA). 2-3 day ship, as I’m on the east coast. They’re my go-to.

6 Likes

Sorry if I repeat someone. I’m too tired to backread. I use two 4 bay chargers. One is the Xstar VC 4 which I’ve had for years with no problems. It came to market before 21700 batts but they can fit. The newer one which I highly recommend is the Gyrfalcon. I have the Gyrfalcon AII-44 but the AII-88 Professional 8 bay charger is known to NOT have the usual multiple bay problems.

Other stores carry them too.
I want to add that even if Liion isn’t convenient for your shipping needs they have technical info on their site and the latest, best batteries to hit the market with test graphs for them. The company is owned by an engineer who is dead serious about his products. They hire 3rd party testers and also work with Mooch.

8 Likes

Thank you Muth! I will book mark this page, too. I remember @fidalgo_vapes recommending the Gyrfalcon AII-44 and I told him that would be next on my list if the Opus doesn’t pan out. I have a tank that I want your help on. I have a Falcon King on a GV Solo, when I tried to vape it, nothing was coming out. The battery is full, the tank has a wide open air flow and there was no atomizer short message. It was working fine last night, today all my sucking was for nothing. What do you think the problem could be?

4 Likes

Does your display show an resistance reading? If not it could be that your coil is loose or burned thru. Also check your 510 connection. Make sure theres no juice in the mod’s connector and that the 510 pin is nicely secured and not loose on your tank.
I had a tank that acted strange. It wouldn’t fire if it was overly tightened. I had to back it out just a tiny bit then it would fire just fine. Sometimes you get a device with an anomoly.

6 Likes

I just cleaned and dried my GV Solo mod, including the 510 connection well, wiped down the tank 510 threads on my tank, changed out to a new coil and it is still not working. The Amp reading says 0.00. just like before the cleaning and coil change. There was a small accumulation of juice in the 510 well, but I then washed the mod. I’ve had this tank for months and it just stopped working today.
Update, I switched the tank to a different mod, tank works fine. I used a different tank on the original GV Solo mod and it isn’t working. That tells us it is the GV Solo Mod that isn’t working right. I’ve had this mod for a few months.

7 Likes

Now the xtar uses type c cable. Now my question is are you using a type-c compatible charger? Because just pulling a usb plug out of the drawer might not have the compatible voltage running through it so your device works properly i use a qc3.0 adapter on mine and im wondering if that could be your issue. Because it does need the proper voltage to run it and it could be why some slots are not working properly

6 Likes

Yes, I am using the correct type c cable. Last I checked, all the channels except for 1 is working correctly. Thank you.

3 Likes

Its no the canle the actual charger could be your issue. Older usb chargers are not the same as what type-c cables use. The xtar needs a certain voltage to run all 8 bays hence the type-c cable can handle the higher voltage it needs. When i first got i used a standared usb plug and it was giving the right voltage. I switched it out and everything charged quicker and all have proper voltage.

6 Likes

I’m using a type c charger for this.

3 Likes

I have a Nicore 8 bay battery charger for both 18650 & 2x700’s and I have no regrets. I had more problems with their 4 bay. The 21700’s fit a bit tight but no issues with ripped battery wraps.

4 Likes

I almost ordered that because I liked their i-4, but SD twisted my arm until he tore my rotator cuff that required surgery and many many hours of physical therapy to buy the Opus, so now I have 2. Thank you @SessionDrummer!

5 Likes

Does your type C charger have enough output to run the 8 port battery charger?
The Type C charger I use for my phone at 18 volts is quite different from the one for my laptop at 65 volts, camera at 10 volts and tablet at 12 volts. I also have a few Type C chargers that only output 5 volts (2 amps) that are for older devices.

7 Likes

Thank you for the greater details in what to look for. I will check later today.

5 Likes

The charger used to run the Xtar perfectly until about a week ago, but I will check later regardless.

4 Likes

Be aware that your model Xtar takes a min input of 5 Volts / 2 Amps and a max of 9 Volts / 2 amps according to the manual. It also has a max output of 0.5 amps if using all 8 bays but more if using only one or two of the bays…

4 Likes

For everyone reading this thread, slower, and lower is better, just like BBQ. The lower the charging current, the better, and the longer your batteries will be viable.

7 Likes

Any chance it’s in locked mode? I think 3 clicks of the fire button brings up the menu, then check resistance to make sure it isn’t locked. The + and - buttons will lock and unlock. I hope thats it. The GV mods are usually pretty dependable.

6 Likes

If I remember correctly the Solo will fire is locked at the ± button. It locks the settings so it can’t be changed. The mod gets locked only if the exterior slide is in the down position.

5 Likes

ahh ok. Not familiar with that particular mod

5 Likes

I got a load of GV mods. I think only two of their mods will lock settings. The Solo 2 I know is one of them. The other I can’t remember. It is a great feature though.

6 Likes