Battery rewraps

As others have stated tape will work just fine , if your mods has a tight battery bay and the tape will interfere you can also use Fingernail polish to cover small pin holes like that until you can get them wrapped.
There is a thread on here I used to wrap mine and it was pretty simple and straightforward.

3 Likes

$5 with tax to rewrap a battery

1 Like

/smh
That’s no customer service at all IMO, and bordering on theft since it relies on “preying on the uninformed”. We’ve got shops like those around here too. Those are the types that I can’t wait to see go out of business.

Harsh I know. But it’s how I feel, and I make no bones about calling it how I see it.

7 Likes

Here is the thread , I found it to be very useful when I wrapped my batteries for the first time.

3 Likes

Electrical Tape would be equivalent if it covered all areas needed to be safe, BUT for a very short time. Electrical tape would tear very quickly since it is quite soft. Not only that the thickness would cause problems in many mods since you would have to overlap to cover all areas. As @JoJo said Wraps are cheap and honestly I too recommend you rewrap in the safest manner possible, that being with the right kind of wraps…

4 Likes

I’m not saying you should buy clear battery wraps, but if printing up your own designs to put under them sounds cool as heck to you then you should buy clear batttery wraps (you don’t have to get them from that site, I got mine from ebay).

@SirRisc got me on this kick with this post.

6 Likes

Just noticed your SWMO wrap , have you tried the Bo’Sun RDA’s they sell? They are one of my favs!

2 Likes

The batteries are still on the table, no raid. Still haven’t re-wrapped… hmmm… blow dryer on table, wraps on table, batteries on table… other mods charged…

Looks like I can put it off one more day!

3 Likes

You’re just lucky that the Illuminati are on vacation!

2 Likes

Say… Dear Friend,

I just re-wrapped two of these batteries. (I didn’t want those guys showing up, mostly because they smoke)

Does it matter which side is up on that white paper thingy on the positive end? One side is whiter than the other and I realized I have one with a more yellow side and one with the whiter side heat shrinked in there…Not sure…dont want to find out the hard way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There should be an insulator ring which goes on the positive/button end where it’s dangerously close to the side …which is the negative/ground. If you don’t have a little washer/doughnut thingy then the white end denoted the positive/button.

My recommendation? new batteries have new wrappers for $5

3 Likes

I have the little paper and its in there under the plastic shielding on the positive end’ like it is supposed to be.

Its just that the paper is upside down with the yellower side facing up.

The other 3 batteries I re-wrapped have the whiter side of the white paper facing up…

It’s in a mod, the mod is firing properly and it isn’t doing anything weird?

Do you think this is dangerous to have that paper flipped upside down?

1 Like

It insulates either way so really doesn’t matter unless you’re OCD about them not matching :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But what will the Illuminati think? I can hear them bad mouthing me already. It’s like having two different color socks on.

I don’t know how I will endure the humiliation.

3 Likes

I don’t think they care either way… remember they’re on vacation right now and probably sipping margaritas and plotting what’s next

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet . That is my go to B&M and I didn’t even know they had made an RDA until I started seeing reviews on it a while back. I went up there and checked it out .I have heard nothing but good things about it and I plan on getting one very soon.The owner is the reason I started building mods and got so in to vaping. That’s awesome that RDA is doing so well !! Really Great people @ that shop!!

2 Likes

I honestly never paid attention to that. I just put them on and never had a problem.

3 Likes

They are working fine… I think I would have known by now…BOOM!

Ha… kidding.

2 Likes

Right! There’s multiple shops where I live and most will do wraps for only a couple bucks. Some will actually sell you the wrap if you’re wanting to just do 1 and one has recently started a free wraps for life if you bought your battery from them!!

@cremeanddessertvaper I would be careful with using electrical tape, depending on the mod you’re using, it’s a lot thicker than a wrap and that could cause a problem.

2 Likes

@zigz…that’s what I’ve done with my batteries. I’m a breast cancer survivor and had these stickers lying around…now me and Mister know who’s are who’s.

Mister has a Batman mod (rx200s) black with yellow plates, black tank and custom yellow tip, with Batman and Joker vape bands, we did his batteries with Batman and Joker stickers under clear wrap as well.

12 Likes