BBQ is better with a vape

Pork tenderloin Roll stuffed with salami and smoked Gouga cheese rubbed with spices
photo%202
!
Smoked then wrapped in bacon

photo
Then back in to finish
photo%205
photo%206
And 2 smoked chickens
photo%203

11 Likes

Looks quite tasty @Rob62

3 Likes

oh yeah !!! jalapenos got ate up before I could get the camera !!!

8 Likes

Pork Fillet fattie half with sage and onion sausage meat stuffing, roasted red peppers and Smoked Cheddar Filling…Other half sausage meat and Bramley Apple Sauce

14 Likes

@bluenose63 WOW. I’ve only ever bbq’d the traditional ribs, brisket, chicken, shoulder/butts, but you’re making me want to step outside the box !!!

4 Likes

@bluenose63, @SessionDrummer I do something very similar to this just with different fillings and I put a bbq glaze on the outside. Man is it good! The bacon basket weave makes a nice presentation. Looks really good bluenose. Sessions should definitely give this a try!

5 Likes

I also smoke New York Strips with some kind of Oak or Hickory. If I can find Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel Oak chips, I’ll use them. Man are they good with steaks!

5 Likes

This is what I got going on the grill tonight, dry rub ribs with taters in the coals. Nothing special but should be good, smells great. We shall see…

9 Likes

What time is dinner?

3 Likes

Woot woot, I’m getting an Uber !!!

3 Likes

They were some of the best ribs I ever had, sorry guys me and the wife left nothing but the bones really good dinner tonight, I will sleep like a baby, counting piglets instead of sheep.lol I usually opt for a steak myself, way good, slow and low dry rub.

4 Likes

They make a pleasant change from the usual smoked food fayre, I usually do and you are only limited by your imagination for the fillings

Got a big family do next weekend and going to smoke 6 fatties as part of the food for the day. Planning on doing

2 pork as above

2 All day breakfast ones bacon weave brushed with maple syrup (sausage meat, scrambled egg, grated smoked cheddar, bell peppers, crumbling black pudding in half of it and maybe some sun dried tomatoes in one and swapping the bell peppers and tomatoes for jalapeno’s in the other)

1 chicken, turkey and duck breast layered with a decent sausage meat stuffing in the middle and roasted red peppers

Maybe 1 Venison steak with venison type sausage meat and sun dried tomatoes and possibly redcurrants of some form in the middle.If not a second poultry one

Bit of prep needed. But if you want to try doing a fattie of your own it suggest you youtube bacon weave for the outer part and the ziploc bag method (cutting a tiny corner off each bag to let the air out at the bottom and getting a uniform size of meat for the filling to put inside the bacon. Roll out the sausagemeat in the bag or flatten the meat with a meat hammer all inside the bag avoids a lot of mess as well.

1 other thing I find roll the fattie on parchment paper as well, as it doesn’t stick to it.

Might do a simple bacon rub to sprinkle over them all except the breakfast ones once cooked as well

They all have various cooking times on my ProQ at 225F the pork fatties take about 7 hours, the poultry just over 5 hours, the all day breakfast just over 2 hours (partly precook the bacon weave in the oven because of the short time). Never cooked venison n the smoker before, so need to do some investigating. But reckon 6 hours approx? But it is all about the right temperature than exact timings.

And of course a pot of pit beans underneath to catch the drippings off the bacon to serve alongside it with baking potatoes.

You are lucky in America from videos I have seen you have a lot of pre-flavoured sausagemeat you can buy in rolls. Here in the Uk we just sell bland sausagemeat so you have to be creative with herbs and seasonings to give it a lift.

7 Likes

I’m looking for an adoptive family …for myself …right at this moment. :smirk: Have any ugly daughters needin’ marryin’? Ok, spinster Aunties?

I just asked my Wife…she said “OK”

6 Likes

Right??!
With grub like that on deck, who’s gonna say no?
:slight_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

@SthrnMixer It looks like you’ve had your Rec Tec for a year now - how’s it been treating you? I’ve been thinking about picking up a pellet grill/smoker recently and I’ve been having a heck of a time trying to decide what to get.

2 Likes

The Rec Tec is the extent of my experience with pellet smokers. I love it! It’s helped me create many wonderful meals and with flavor I was never able to achieve with gas or charcoal. So while I can certainly sing the praises of this one, I can’t say a thing about how it compares to others. The guy who got me interested in these things had a Traeger at the time and was pretty pleased with it, but ended up getting a Yoder which I’ve heard is the Cadillac of pellet grills.

4 Likes

Cool. I’d been thinking about adding a pellet pooper to my arsenal for a while and pretty much decided the Rec Tec Stampede looked like it checked all of my boxes, but they’re out of stock for a few months and I’m really impatient. I was leaning towards just going with the new version of the big smoker you’ve got, but I was having a hard time justifying the cost and size. Turns out Amazon just had a $700 Traeger for $480 as a Prime Day deal this week, so I couldn’t pass it up. Figure I’ll use this for a while and get used to how pellet grills work and then I can upgrade to a new Rec Tec in a year or so. Have you just been using RT’s wood blend pellets, or have you also been trying out other varieties? I like oak, but I could never find oak chips in my area and pretty much just stuck with hickory. Looks like it should be easier to find more variety in pellets which will be cool.

2 Likes

There are plenty of woods to choose from on Amazon. I’ve tried a variety of them, and I really love 100% hickory for pork. But I’ve found it so much easier to stick with one type for most of my cooking, and Rec Tec Ultimate Blend does an amazing job with all types of meats.

4 Likes

Got the ribs off JUST as the flooding rains hit …

11 Likes

A few years ago, my best friend and myself built this unholy contraption with the help of my best friends father-in-law who is a retired metalworker, and was looking for something fun to do

It’s built out of two decommissioned water heaters (the kind you will find on every house in Israel) which were purchased at a junk yard. and the construction that holds it all together is pure scrap metal from the same junk yard. Fire box is in the lower compartment, and the meat goes into the taller one of course)

First load of meat was a rack of ribs and some brisket

Brisket was a bit dry, but it came out really tasty :slight_smile:

The ribs were to die for :slight_smile:

Last time we used the smoker, this was inside of it:

Next weekend is planned for another pork butt and some more birds for the vegetarians in the group :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes