BBQ is better with a vape

4 Likes

8 Likes

I guess we won’t see the results for 5 or 6 hours… :flushed:

4 Likes

I know, right @CallMeTut. Luckily chicken done in 1/2 hour, BUT ribs still have 3 hours left.

6 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Although I’d LOVE to take credit for this chicken thigh method, Kevin @ Extraordinary Barbeque is the man.

http://www.extraordinarybbq.com/award-winning-chicken-thighs/

2 Likes

I was thinking of you brother @Cutlass92, and Miss @Molly_Mcghee.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been drooling on your bbq

3 Likes

Think you and I were getting smash wasted when I started this thread 2 years ago hehe.

Hi hi to Molly

4 Likes

That’s very probable. She’s at work so it’ll be a bit before she responds.

2 Likes

I like to pre-heat my wood before it goes in the grill !!! NOT, I’m just stabalizing some prime timbers for some resin art !!!

4 Likes

9 Likes

What time are we eating??? They look phenomenal!

6 Likes

Decided to do some Smoked Oxtails today.

Trimmed of excess fat and used Cavender’s Greek Seasoning, as it goes well in Stew type dishes

Put on Smoker for 2 hours @ 240F with hickory woodchips for 2.5 hours and formed a nice crust and colour.

Prepped the Braising liquid/gravy 30 minutes before adding the Oxtails and will cook with lid on the Dutch Oven for another 4-5 hours at 240F, hopefully will be fork tender by then and serve up with some buttered mash and savoy cabbage

After 4 and a half hours braising.in the Dutch oven, and fork tender with a very beefy taste and the sauce it was cooked in was lovely when reduced and spooned over them. Would try and trim the fat better next time before putting in the smoker, still some that hadn’t fully dissolved, but easy enough to sort out from the meat in the finished dish.

original Recipe here if interested

6 Likes

I’ve used that stuff for about 40 years now!
Hands down my favorite seasoning of all time!

3 Likes

Should put a warning on this thread… will cause you to crave meat and juice! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@bluenose63 thanks for the pics, info, and link. Somehow I MISSED the whole “Smoked Oxtails” in the BEGINNING of your post. Reading down, double taking on the pics thinking, “Wait, WTF is that ?? !!!”. Followed your gracious linkage, and THEN saw what I missed. I’ve never had them, or that seasoning, but that may change soon. Thank you.

3 Likes

@anon84779643 I think you ARE right !!!

2 Likes

One of my favourite seasonings and use it in place of rubs if smoking lamb. Good balance of salt and herbs. I add it to neck of lamb stew, so thought I would give it ago on the oxtails, and it worked well, i thought.

Oxtails are a nice cheap cut of meat, that has a really beefy flavour, if cooked lo&slo. Definitely worth ago, That was a kg and easily fed 2 of us, could have probably stretched to 3

May add some smoked ox/beef cheeks to it next time

6 Likes