BBQ is better with a vape

I laugh at people who get offended. To me they are mental weaklings.

9 Likes

First grilling this season. Weather just hasn’t been cooperating at all. Did a couple of portorhouse. Sorry no pics. It was half gone on a plate before I thought of it. What a difference from pan searing.

6 Likes

Great combo!

12 Likes

Making Cubans today!

10 Likes

My latest mod on the WSM 57… smoker on wheels!!!

12 Likes

Woo hoo @Iv3shf, wheels on a Smokey Mountain !!!

4 Likes

Still have some mods to do… a finer grate for the coals side, so I don’t waste any, I’m also thinking about a small hole on the bottom to drain any water (if left under the rain it’s a pool down there, then some handles for the barrel to lift it in case you need to when it’s hot (never happens but it’d be better anyway) and on the top side just above the pan, a higher grate for charcoal so that I can use it as a support to my MT57… not difficult mods, but it’d improve the WSM a lot!

3 Likes

@bluenose63 just out of curiosity, how did you get those Hurricane Vapor recipes?? Originals?? Do they still make liquids?

2 Likes

They have closed now and a thread was formed on here with a download link to the recipes here

4 Likes

You better be careful your about to over cook that.

5 Likes

All right then Pitmasters, here we go with my Picanhas Phases

Two right size Picanhas, salt flakes on all sides, no oil, pepper… nothing

Cut in lines so I’ll remember the fiber cuts in case I won’t see it after sear

and vertically

Cut the Picanhas, the brazilian way (right and left Picanha… see my hand checking this on the first picture…) in line with the fiber, so the final cut is against it! Salt flakes again, one goes onto direct heat, both sides, 3/4 minutes and then they go to indirect, the same goes for the other, both sides and indirect.

Both brought to the table on a hot stone with burners.
Sorry…. no time for the final picture, but guess what… :joy:

11 Likes

@Iv3shf Looking very good.

3 Likes

Nice smoke ring on those ribs.

5 Likes

Poor Man burnt Ends on the menu today, using Chuck Steak and a 11 hour lo&slo cook

10 Likes

Awesome ends!

3 Likes

It really is that time of year!

11 Likes

Luvin’ how that’s looking @Cutlass92.

2 Likes

So my cross-over manifold on my expensive BBQ disintegrated. Went to turn on my 2 year old smoker and nothing. Thank goodness I have a Weber, charcoal and lighter fluid.

4 Likes

Always have a backup… never know…

3 Likes

Almost 2 years later, ELR and the BBQ are still rockin !!!

7 Likes