BBQ is better with a vape

Looks all so good! But I’ll really be impressed when the smoked cookies and cakes are pulled from that traeger!

6 Likes

Was on a BBQ Reddit group and the guy on there posted some smoked queso and as a person that likes to punish his fat little body with saturated fats it made my nipples hard.

4 Likes

Wait a minute, Smoked COOKIES ?? !!!

3 Likes

Danny Likey!!!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Just imagine the possibilities! Lol. I remember baking a small spice cake over coals and foil lined box, way back when I was a Boy Scout.

9 Likes

Sorry to keep bumping with the same meal LOL. Ever since I found out that Traeger had patents for “flavored pellets”, I started looking around, and it looked like Lumber Jack was highly ranked, and used the ACTUAL wood they said they did, with NO fillers, base wood, wood oil, lubricants, etc. Let’s see what’s what …

8 Likes

I get SOOOOOOO HUNGRYYYYYY after seeing this thread get more pics added… :smiley:

4 Likes

We didn’t eat all the pulled pork from the last shake and bake, so the wife forbid me from doing another big ass shoulder LOL.

5 Likes

Every time you see me do a 50/50 (half rub, and half just coarse ground salt and pepper), I’m testing to see how the different pellets work with the meat. If used TOO heavily, rub can actually PREVENT smoke from penetrating the meat, but simple salt and pepper doesn’t. Here’s hoping the Lumberjacks bring out the MO real deal Smoky McSmoke today…

4 Likes

3 Likes

Soooo far through the smoke, the Lumber Jacks seem to burn hotter (go figure) as the hopper isn’t emptying nearly as fast as it did with the Traeger pellets. Smells great, very low dust, and the proof WILL (hopefully), be in the meat pudding !!

3 Likes

I hear you @SessionDrummer
Doing some more rib eyes and mushrooms for lunches next week.
Plus grabbed 10 lbs of center cuts for next weekend

9 Likes

Some may think this is expensive but figure what it costs for fast food and it’s a no brainer

7 Likes

Very agreed @Pastorfuzz, and you control what goes in it, without anything you don’t want.

5 Likes

Well the jury IS IN. The Lumberjacks beat my old Traeger pellets HANDS DOWN. Much better smoke flavor, and FAR more efficient as well. Will check the ash levels after the Ironwood cools, but so far, it’s a WIN/WIN with the Lumberjack pellets beating the Traeger’s by a WIDE margin.

7 Likes

I myself don’t own a Treager so my Weber Kettle and 22 in Smokey Joe will have to do

4 Likes

I kinda miss using my Weber Smoky Mountain @Pastorfuzz, although it WAS a bit of work, constantly working the air vents to keep it on temp. Something about Charcoal and Wood Chunks, that you just can’t exactly replicate with pellets. I DO however see that Lumberjack has …

3 Likes

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer Can you make THAT ^^^^^^ into a juice recipe please?!

Thanks!!!

Everyone on the Forum

4 Likes