BBQ is better with a vape

Smoked a 8 1/2 pound pork shoulder and a 6 1/2 pound chicken. Pulled both pork and chicken and shredded and combined the to for a family project. My daughter and son in-law spread masa and on corn husks then fill and wrap to make tamales. Between the chicken and pork finished got 10 lbs. of finished meat.

We finished steaming 145 tamales. Two days work. One to smoke and season the meat and the other to assemble and steam. Nice to have the family here.

7 Likes

Nice lookin’ tamales there @rcleven. No smokin’ just some rib eyes …

6 Likes

Taking a break from peeling a bushel of Hatch Green Chilis and a half a bushel of Pueblo Big Jim Chilis. My back is killing me from bending over the counter and sink, but it will be worth it when I have vacuum sealed Green Chilis through the winter. Making a batch of Colorado Pork Green Chili on Wednesday with about 3 pounds of them. It’s great for smothered burritos, enchiladas, eggs, meat loaf, roasted chicken…well, just about anything.

4 Likes

Love them roasted on the barbie with broiled Prosciutto wrapped around asparagus and stuffed inside with cream cheese. :cook: (Where is the ‘chef doing a magnificent mouth puckering kiss’ emoji?)

2 Likes

Air fried some ribs and hash browns and I think there’s something green somewhere.

5 Likes

Looks like coleslaw in the background and that counts as green !! :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, that counts.

2 Likes

8 1/4 pound pork shoulder. Salted and rubbed. Will put it on my pellet grill at 10:00 pm tonight at 200/225 F. Should be done about noon tomorrow.

8 Likes

Looks awesome and should be delicious with your low and slow.

4 Likes

What he ^^^^^ said.

3 Likes

This is the second shoulder I’ve done in two weeks. When the first went into the tamales I knew I had to make one for me to eat solo. It made some nice sandwiches. The prices dropped in the last week to $1.45 a pound. Too cheap to pass up. I have two friends on chemo so the rest will go them.

4 Likes