BBQ is better with a vape

It has begun :smiley:…I decided to add these split chicken breasts to the mix…

5 Likes

You did all that work with the smoker (looks amazing brother!!) but from one cook to another… BOX Mac And CHEESE!!! WTH was you thinking?? :thinking:

4 Likes

Son came home for the weekend. We enjoyed a nice low and slow cook of some pork spare ribs with 1 rack a mustard-based sauce, another Stubb’s Sweet Heat, and one was a dry rub. When it came time to take them off the smoker they were falling apart - not my finest moment but they were delicious. Also did some wings, half with Kickin’ Chicken from Weber, and the rest with a rub we picked up at Walmart. I must say, we’ve been using the Kickin’ Chicken for about 10 years now and love it, but that rub from Wally World was fantastic. I dumped it in a shaker and threw away the bag it came in so can’t really share the brand name but will try and remember next time. I think it may have cinnamon in it.

4 Likes

OMG, I need that in my tummy !!!

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/d/0/d00d1682d4c46509240170f3bd36963e4e7fc975_1_666x500.jpg

4 Likes

Should be done in a couple more hours :grin:

1 Like

If I wasn’t so beat down by the sauce this morning, I’d drive !!!

2 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

Time to go “watch the smoker” :grin:

7 Likes

The chicken is done. Just gotta let it rest for a bit. The pork still has at least a couple of hours to go.

9 Likes

Mmmmm, that is a pan of HAPPINESS !!!

2 Likes

Some of us like it? =P lol

Besides. It’s FAR easier (you have to admit) to clean up after Velveeta shells and cheese, or Kraft mac n cheese, than it ever will be with having to put actual elbow grease and a scraper to the remnants of real cheese in the dish/pan! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

But the taste of the real deal is so worth it!!!

3 Likes

15 hrs in the smoker, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it

10 Likes

Just use an aluminum throw away pan, problem solved. :smiley:

6 Likes

What type of smoker? That must be some really low heat to cook that long. Very nice, now my mouth is watering.

4 Likes

I cooked it directly on the rack. Yes the aluminum pan makes cleanup much easier :grin:. It’s a propane smoker, so I could have brought the temp up a bit. But I like to keep it as close to 225* as possible

3 Likes

I was also bringing it to pulled pork temp, it was ready for slicing about 4 hours ago. That’s the way the wife and kid like it. I like all of it so it doesn’t matter to me :grin:

4 Likes

You know… You’ve actually got a great idea there!! :thumbsup:

Now if only I had a gooooood recipe for homemade that’s nice and creamy… /looks @Jayrell :thinking:

4 Likes

Looks more than delicious …

2 Likes