Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Welcome @yiana and @FL_David …it is great to have you both here!!! Congrats on getting off the stinkies!!!

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’m Tim, 36 years, and live in Belgium next to the border with the Netherlands. Vaping on and off for about 2,5 years now, stopped smoking cigarettes about 3months ago when i got an emow kit. Made the switch to subohm not long after with a kangertech subtank mini and meanwhile got a few RDA’s as well. I am now trying to figure out how to temp control on TI on my RX200. Started DIY’ing about 2 months ago and just sticking to recipes from this site untill i feel comfortable trying to come up with some recipes myself…still looking for that ultimate butterscotch vanilla custard recipe though.
Best store liquid i’ve tasted so far: Certified 365…hands down…if anyone has a clone or idea how to clone this…I AM ALL EARS

Passionate about snowboarding and freebording (skateboard that rides like a snowboard, youtube it!) and traveling. I like roaming around dark-psytrance parties and festivals exploring other realities :wink:

Wonderful group of people here on this forum for what i have read until now. Respectful and helpful.

Hope to ever make a kickass recipe to share with you all…

7 Likes

Hello and welcome! So happy to hear that you have quit smoking cigs altogether now. In my opinion, sub-ohming and the equipment you have makes a world of difference in actually being able to put the cigs down for good. Glad you found this place. There is so much to learn and so many good recipes to make. Hope you come to love this place as much as we all do!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the ELR family @yiana , @FL_David and @timmeh604 !

3 Likes

OOooo… New friends… @yiana @FL_David @timmeh604

Hi guys!!!

4 Likes

Welcome @yiana @FL_David and @timmeh604!!

2 Likes

Welcome! Awesome ditching the darts!

1 Like

Loads of info and very cool people! Most should probably be working for nasa mad science style!:smiley: Although looking at others builds they could pass for surgeons!

3 Likes

Hi to all the new peeps!

1 Like

Hi my name is David, I’ve been an avid vaper since May of 2012. Iam passionate about vaping because after thirty years of smoking tobacco cigarettes, I ending up with COPD and require using oxygen night and day. I enjoy the diy part of vaping, I like to build my own coils using the latest and best RDAs. And of course I enjoy mixing my own e-liquid to save some money, especially considering that they charge between $15 & $22 for a 30ml bottle of premium (high VG) juice. I live in Zion, otherwise known as Utah and the vaping scene here is very good, I try to support my local vape shops, particularly Vape Affliction in Roy. I live only a few miles away from them and I would highly suggest you check out their website which is www.vapeaffliction.com, they have a good selection of authentic vaping gear. I look forward to chatting with you here in the forum. Thanks for reading my short bio.

7 Likes

I have been a lurker for about 3 months, its time for the ELR community to know my inner workings.
My name is Phil.
I was a half pack to pack a day smoker for ten years, depending on the operational tempo.
I was in the Army Infantry for 8 years, so yeah, hurry up and wait, have a cigarette, back to back when deployed.
My first experience with an e-cig was in 2010, bought an NJOY rechargeable cigalike. Killed my throat that winter with that POS.
After 2 deployments overseas, and one stateside, 8 years, new marriage, it was time for a career change, in 2012.
I started into IT as Tier 2 Site support for FEMA HQ in D.C., and it grew from there. I was smoking whenever I wanted to thanks to a really good boss, "get your work done, tickets complete, keep your phone on, and I don’t care where you are in between."
My wife was not good around second hand smoke, nausea, especially on car rides to western VA where my family is.
I started vaping again with a Blu cigalike which lasted for about a week, then ordered an Innoken MVP2 and Kanger Aerotank Mega, I thought, wow I stand a chance now. My last analog was July 29th, 2014. I started building coils in 2 months, and finally started mixing this summer when I moved to Hawaii.
Favorite places to buy gear:
Eciggity.com
Ebay!!!
Favorite flavor vendors:
Bull City Vapors
Nude Nicotine

Now I wrap TI coils, have 3 DNA 200s and several VV/VW devices, numerous Mechs and Drippers.
My constant goal is to talk to smokers about vaping. It changed my life, happy wife, happy wife.
I even help with vape-it-forward my old gear to people I meet for a small price, it like my own ministry.
This is the singlemost best thing that has happened to me outside of meeting my wife, I can’t express that enough.
I have participated in the FDA Comment Period, written congressmen, signed petitions, to preserve this amazing thing that will HELP YOU QUIT SMOKING.

An aside, and in no way do I mean to offend anyone, but this needs to be said:
If the amount of energy put forth by the US government to find a solution to the cumulative mass shootings was put into the preventing the FDA vaping regs, this would be logical. Priorities, the numbers of deaths from gun violence pales in comparison to tobacco related deaths per year. But, I understand state governments, especially VA, have so much invested in revenue collected from tobacco taxes, so it’s not in their interest to allow this technology to run on the free market as a smoking cessation product.

Anyway, I love the community here at ELR and thank you to all the helpful people.
Phil

10 Likes

Great intro Phil. Glad to know you.

So western VA huh? I have family there, Wise County where I was born and Carroll County where I grew up and went to school. Left after high school and never looked back!

Since you’re in Hawaii have you ventured over to Volcano E-Cigs? I got my first real mod from them - a Lava Tube. I think they still sell them, though quite a bit more advanced than when I got mine.

1 Like

Those guys are great! :+1:

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome phil. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash:

1 Like

Welcome @VapinDave and @Felmaera!! Glad you could join us. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome everyone. Glad to have you all. There is tons of info in these forums. So pull up a chair and join in the discussion!

@vapinDave @Felmaera welcome :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash:

Hey @VapinDave @Felmaera
This is my official welcome wave…
(content may change constantly and without notice) :blush:

4 Likes

Welcome! Great place to start your new year!

Hi folks!
Jo Jo kindly pointed me in this direction, so apologies for the delay but I am trying to get used to the forum layout,features and navigation! Lol
I look very much to learning from you guys and fingers crossed I will be able to contribute to this excellent community!
I am from Scotland and recently gave up the ciggies!
So a newbie to the vaping world in every sense of the word!
Still trying to get my head around the terminology etc.!
I purchased a Kangertech Mini subox based on online reviews.
Also spent a small fortune on e-juice from vendors in the search for my flavour!
Then I found this place and realised I could get a decent liquid for a fraction of the price? No brainer really!
Thanks for listening.
Have a great Christmas!

7 Likes