Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Welcome aboard!!

Great choice to start out. That was my first vape as well. Be prepared though. It will likely not be your last!

1 Like

Especially if you hang out here a lot where everyone likes to post all their shiny new toys! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am a professional baker, candy maker, and chocolatier, as well as a chronic tinkererā€¦ Oh, and a flavor freak.

I currently work in the Bakery a a certain Childrenā€™s (Cancer) Research Hospital. My latest creation is currently on display in the lobby of the aforementioned hospital, and is somewhat ā€œlargeā€ and literally took a month to bake ( > 900 pounds of gingerbread), frost ( > 700 pounds of royal icing) and assemble, but the results were well worth it:

I baked all the Gingerbread Men and they were decorated by our patients and then added to the house.

After being a (sometimes) cigarette and (mostly) pipe smoker since 1984, I had my first Vape experience about 6 months ago while on sabbatical (working on my Bachelors Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts) at a particularly esteemed New England based Culinary Institute.

I followed the typical vapers route, started with a pen, then through multiple tank systems, started dripping, and building coils for my RDAā€™s. Then ripping the stock guts out of my tank coils and building my ownā€¦ spent lots of time and money chasing the flavor and clouds. Finally settled in on a Glacier II on top of my Nookie Box Mod, and a Sapor RDA on top of my hand-built Box Mod.
For my every-day around-town vape, I tote a SvoƫMesto Kayfun V4 while I tinker with coil builds for it.

I found this forum after my quest for the ā€œperfectā€ Black Licorice E-Juice left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed. Odin ā€œ103ā€ is rather pleasant, and Virgin Vaporā€™s ā€œBlack Mambaā€ is damned good, but still just a bit off.So, I have this drawer full of professional flavors (mostly al LorAnn), why not just make my own?!?!?!

8 Likes

Nice work. We have a thread here with some great cooks and chefs sharing their foodie creations. You will fit right in here :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to any I have not welcomed yet. Happy holidays to you all!

1 Like

In the Professional Baking world, we only use weight. Our ā€œrecipesā€ are called ā€œformulasā€ for good reason, baking is science. Volumetric measurement is too imprecise, to achieve product consistency. The smaller the batch, the more critical the measurement is. a decent digital MilliGram or Grain scale can be had for about $20.00

2 Likes

Welcome again @Chewy and welcome @Patissier!! Glad you guys could join us! :smile:

2 Likes

welcome and have a good read aroundā€¦ lots of GOOD PEOPLE here with loads and loads of great info :smiley:enjoy!!!

1 Like

WELCOME ozo!!! You sirā€¦ are a HOOT! Please frequent the forums because I canā€™t wait to converse with you a bit. You remind me of some of my kinfolk. Glad to have ya buddy!

4 Likes

Welcome @Felmaera @VapinDave @Chewy and @Patissier to the best vaping forum on the web!!! Sit back, grab a vape, and be prepared to learn from the vast library of knowledge shared here by these great people I like to call my ELR family! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I am sure someone here can help you, and if not they will help work through it with you!

1 Like

Greetings and welcome to the ELR Family, yaā€™ll ! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Salutations @Patissier and @Chewy!

1 Like

Iā€™m Michaelā€¦
Just started mixing, so thats what brings me here. Iā€™ve been vaping for 2.5 years. I love the topics and posts from you all. Itā€™s been a big learning experience for sure. My flavor stock is low starting out. With the skill here on ELR I was able to produce a fine ADV right out of the box. My head is pretty big as a result. But the thanks is due to the ELR community, and the fact that I had a nice sweet cream to finish it off. Iā€™m looking forward to participating in the discussions, and future development of vaping in the U.S.A. and ERL

6 Likes

Welcome @Baxtah!

2 Likes

Welcome to the group Baxtah. Make sure and read through the thread Resources and Tips for Beginning DIY E-liquid. It has a great deal of information to get you geared up and creating your own tasty recipes.

1 Like

Welcome to the group @Baxtah! Make yourself at home. :slightly_smiling:

Welcome HOME, @Baxtah . So glad you joined us.

Hello everyone!

Name is Alex, From Santa Clara, CA. I have been vaping since the start of Ego Twists lol. I have been tobacco free for 3 years now. Currently working on making my own stabilized wood mods, and I just recently started making my own juice, first blend was NOT a success lol so I looked around on the internet for some tips and recipes and found this site! looks like a great community of DIYā€™ers, hope to talk to some of you guys soon and maybe I can be a help to some others.

6 Likes

Welcome @AlexM1!

Welcome! Youā€™ve definitely come to the right place! Lots of great people and great info floating around here. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like