Beer flavored e-liquid

Hello everyone. My name is Pedro. It’s my first time participating in this forum. I’ve been around some time now and I know some of you are real DIY monsters. So, in advance, thanks for any help, hint, tip or insight in this matter. Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

I run a pretty small e-liquid manufacturing business in my country and some customers keep asking me for a beer flavor. I keep telling them that it is impossible for an e-liquid to taste exactly like you’re drinking a beer, simply because we use vegetal glycerin and VG is naturally sweet. Starting from there, provided that I could find a decent beer flavoring the resulting E-liquid would never taste as a beer or, it will taste as a beer with sugar (even if I don’t use any sweetener at all), which sounds awful. So I simply tell them it’s impossible. But, lately I’ve been questioning myself. Is it really imposible? I know that making a liquid with PG only would result in a harsh potion difficult to vape to say the least. What do you think? Am I missing or miss considering something?

9 Likes

Hi Pedro, interesting question…
Not a beer fan here, but think about what flavour you get from beer and try to think of concentrates that impart similar profiles. I would think you need something yeasty, maybe hops, some sour or bitter type flavour to avoid too much sweetness?

There are definitely others here who have a better idea of what may be suitable, but never say never. Just because it has not been done before (that I could find) doesn’t mean it can’t be done. :man_shrugging: :smile: :beers:

8 Likes

i guessing it’s possible

found this online

If you enjoy a refreshing beer when you need to relax but you can’t get inebriated during the day, our Logic Smoke Beer e liquid is just what you need. Tastes just like cold beer.

With the perfect blend of an 80/20 PG/VG mix (propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin: organic, food grade preservative compounds), you’ll get the best flavor concentration along with the perfect amount of vapor to satisfy your vaping needs.

https://www.store.e-cigarette-usa.com/10ml-Beer-Flavor-e-Liquid-10ml-Beer.htm

8 Likes

Thanks. I definitely gonna try some of your suggestions. No more fear. What’s the worst that could happen? Besides some mls of waste down the drain nothing worse.

8 Likes

Thanks for that idea. I’m gonna need to buy this particular e-liquid to know first hand if it tastes like the description. From there it is just a matter of experimentation. Thanks.

9 Likes

Sorry bro, I can’t help you but welcome to the forum. Hope you find your answer.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @parodas

I too have been thinking about this. It must be a tall task to emulate beer as I would think there would be thousands of beer recipes if it wasn’t difficult or near impossible. I just recently purchased these to give me something to work with. I have not used any of these at this time.

Malt(NF),
Rice base(VTA),
Starch base(Flavorah),
Wheat(Flavorah),
Yakima Hops (Flavorah)

I also have some different types of Sours, Tarts, Nuts, Beer Nuts, Basil, Cocoa, Corn bread, corn Tortilla,. Jasmin, Fizz Pop, Liquid Amber, Lime, Oak wood, Sage, Teriyaki, Pretzel, Butterbeer, different Chocolates, and different Toffees. I can play around with these. I should order some Seltzer water flavoring too. I need some Liquid Nitrogen flavor for the Guinness too🍻

Edit: need Yeast and Barley too.

6 Likes

Here’s a stupid thought. If we an put water and Vodka(I wouldn’t but I think some people do?) in can we add some real Beer?

6 Likes

I could be imagining this and I’m not going to check but I’m sure I’ve seen beer concentrate listed somewhere.

7 Likes

I thought so too mate, but cannot remember where or who…

7 Likes

Hang on, here is one…

and

8 Likes

Thanks as I’ve just got home from work after a really frustrating and shit day. I was just being lazy!

To be honest it’s not one I’d try as I’d imagine it being yeasty.
I should say I wouldn’t try either.

6 Likes

Nobody mentioned FA Joy, anytime I went over .75% with, it seemed to taste like a flat yeast beer.

7 Likes

Thanks for the welcoming. I hope you can figure it out.

5 Likes

I think it could be a little (or a lot?) Bit dangerous. Real beer is not just water and alcohol. It contains thousands of substances and essential oils that could harm your lungs or cause another long term health problems. Plus, I’m almost shure that beer would taste like burned piss :grimacing::shushing_face:

7 Likes

I don’t know if this would be of any help towards getting the beer flavour that you want but VTA sell a concentrate called Lager Beer, NomNomz in the U.K. has it in stock.

6 Likes

Hi folks. Just browsin’ around and saw this thread, which brought back some
memories of my exploits into a beer vape back in 2016. Thought I’d share:

10 Likes

Thank you very much. It gave me some ideas. Although I haven’t personally tried the Yakima hops, I think bi have a pretty good idea on why people use these flavor. Thanks.

5 Likes

Thanks @Alisa for posting this recipe. I didn’t think Revolver was around in 2016. Maybe they just didn’t distribute to my region back then.

6 Likes

Oh, they very much were around. My hubby delivered their beer. He loved driving for them when they were family owned.

6 Likes