Beginner's advice, help

Hello all,

I’m quite new to making my own recipes and have been successful in making some of the strawberry/custard recipes on here so far and got some cake based ones currently steeping.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can use my amaretto concentrate with based on my current flavor stash?

Thanks in advance Phil

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Phil_Critch :hugs:

It would be helpful if you’d post a link to your flavour stash. I think your stash is set to private, there’s no link to your stash in your profile.

3 Likes

Will do I’ll copy and paste it into here. How do I change it to public. I’m new to this site?

2 Likes

My stash

4 Likes

I’ve screenshot it below for you.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Phil_Critch

5 Likes

It’s very easy :smiley:
That’s as far as my help goes I’m afraid, I’m the tobacco girl. I’m sure others will chime in at some point.
At least they can have a peak at your stash now :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

:+1::grinning:

4 Likes

Done it :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum … Just wanted to welcome you , i have never used an amaretto flave so id be No help Good Luck

5 Likes

Thanks mate. I just like the flavor normally ie in its drink lol.
I think black cherry and a vanilla might work well with it. Suppose I’ll have to experiment and see how it goes.

5 Likes

If you check out the flavour you can see what is most commonly used with this flavour and there will be recipes too for some inspiration.

Now I helped you a little more anyway :laughing:

3 Likes

The ‘blackcherry (TPA)’ in your stash …you won’t be needing that so throw it out.
Instead I would highly recommend this one… Black Cherry (TPA) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

??? It is Black Cherry (TPA)

3 Likes

I don’t understand your comment mate. It is Black Cherry (TPA) :joy:

3 Likes

In your stash it is listed as blackcherry (TPA), that’s an incorrect entree. We have a bit of a problem with the database being chock full of that and @TorturedZen is one of the people who spend a lot of time cleaning it up.
Hence his suggestion to dump it and get some Black Cherry (TPA) instead.
I guess it’s a bit of an in-joke and since you’re new it’s a bit confusing :wink:

10 Likes

After steeping for 2 weeks or so, I found almond amaretto to be sweet nut flavor with some weak alcohol flavor. You might taste this differently though. You should try it on it’s own to know what you get from it (SFT)

So, maybe a nutty cake? Cupcake at, say, 4% with 2-3% of amaretto?

Or nutty cookie? Sugar cookie at maybe 2-4% with amaretto?

Or add some strawberry to the mix to make it nut berry like flavor? Strawberry ripe at 4-6%… I dont know if cap dragonfruit is good for keeping the strawberry from fading, because I dont have it.

Add some van custard to everything maybe at 2-4%…

You have some good base flavors for dessert there. Have fun with em.

5 Likes

Sorry about that. I just wanted to point these things out early for you. You got it correct in your reply here but in your stash you have it all lowercase single word. Flavor names are proper nouns, which means they are capitalized. There’s more to the insanity but it all boils down to continuity of the flavor names residing in the database.

The Users Guide To Creating Your Flavor Stash explains the “whys” and “hows” and will show you how to find the right name 99% of the time. Hope it helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes