Best and Worst Mods and Why

My three Fave mods

Smoant

Battlestar
Charon TC 218
Cylon

10 Likes

@woftam, WOW!!! that bad?! Ok, I’ll watch mine then. I didn’t know they were that bad. Everyone who vapes brags about them here.

5 Likes

WOW and someone just recommended I get that.

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, like I said, pretty, works well until it gets wet in the charging port. The port itself is wide open to the electronics. I ordered a new front glass (actually 2). They changed the style and I broke one already because it doesn’t fit the mod. Also, It took 2 months to get. I wound up using my dremel tool with a polishing wheel to clear it up.

The charging port is on top, right next to the tank. If the tank leaks, the unit is toast.

6 Likes

Also, since you said worst mods… and I can’t stress this enough…FUCK VOOPOO… I’ll be saying that even after I quit vaping lol and @Caped_Conspirathist I’m three years or so since my last cig, 3 nic is as low as I can comfortably go though, I tried dropping to 1 and apparently I’m still quite addicted to nicotine lol, I used to vape up around 100-140 watts but as my taste buds came back I have found that I get the best flavor for me at around 40-70 watts in tanks or rda’s with more restricted airflow, plus with rda’s you need less wattage usually because the coils are so much closer to your mouth hole lol

10 Likes

Have a look

The SMOK 510 connectors are rubbish and haven’t changed at all as far as I know.

The Wismec mods the internal wiring is always a lighter gauge than it should be and their soldering is terrible.

Sigelei had some mods in the early days that were great but something happened and they went to custard.

9 Likes

Absolutely - I didnt include them in my list while their mods are as far as i know ok the company ethics suck as does their return policy.

6 Likes

@Fishaddict420, I don’t have the time to do RDA’s. I’m running a small business as a printer repairman for HP. I bought a sewing machine and now everyone in town thinks I am a tailor…Ugh. I have like 9 items now to do.

5 Likes

I can’t remember the specific tank, but my brother in law runs a freemax tank with mesh coils…the falcon maybe? I can ask him if your interested, it has the best flavor I have tried from prebuilt coils, with some mixes it’s pretty close to the boreas tanks even, I just can’t stomach the cost lol I bought enough rayon to wick two lifetimes worth of coils for $15 and spent another $20 on two years worth of wire, I’m set for quite a while lol

6 Likes

@woftam never heard of VOOPOO. Everytime I go to the vape store to buy a mod, it’s outdated. I ordered my last one online. A Valyrian 2.

I like it. simple, has a charging port but uses 3 18650s. I really do like it because it can handle the load of this king beast tank

5 Likes

Freemax are def a good tank the break in time for the cotton is a little longer than some tanks.

The only 3 subohm tanks I have on the desk are the crown 4, the valyrian v2 (v1 is pretty good as well but both really need to be in the higher wattage range to really come into their own) and the freemax.

That is music to my ears lol. :wink:

6 Likes

@ wolftram, WOW. I don’t use the SMOK mods. Just this tank for now. I have the 33ml all day tank mod for it too. I like it so far but now I’m worried about the coils.

4 Likes

My last tank was the crown 3 when it first came out lol it had really good flavor compared to most other tanks I tried at the time, then I finally nailed down a good build in an rda and it suddenly seemed so muted and dry…it was a moment of clarity lol

8 Likes

To all,
I wind up having to re-solder or re-wire every mod I’ve had. I’ve also had to put shrink wrap in them to protect the wires from getting cut. They sure don’t add extra lengthy wires in these things!!!

4 Likes

How often do you drop your mods lol jeez, by the time I break a mod it’s usually so wore out it’s not worth fixing lol

8 Likes

To all,
Why 30-80w??? I can taste it just about the same as at 170w but I really get my fix that way… It doesn’t work for me at those low watts.You all do RDA’s though. I don’t want to get that complicated.

5 Likes

My 30ml all day tank is a little different

10 Likes

@Fishaddict420, I drop mine all the time. As for wearing it out… I imagine I’ll be fixing mine until… well I just wont stop lol.

4 Likes

It’s not a charging port, it’s a firmware upgrade port and should be sealed with the lid all of the time. Use a separate charger for your batteries on any mod (that doesn’t have a fixed battery).
The legend can take quite a beating if you use it as intended. If you’re going to open things that should be closed, yeah, you’ll get trouble but you have that with any mod.

6 Likes

Damn! looks cool!

This is mine

4 Likes