Best and Worst Mods and Why

@ wolftram, WOW. I don’t use the SMOK mods. Just this tank for now. I have the 33ml all day tank mod for it too. I like it so far but now I’m worried about the coils.

4 Likes

My last tank was the crown 3 when it first came out lol it had really good flavor compared to most other tanks I tried at the time, then I finally nailed down a good build in an rda and it suddenly seemed so muted and dry…it was a moment of clarity lol

8 Likes

To all,
I wind up having to re-solder or re-wire every mod I’ve had. I’ve also had to put shrink wrap in them to protect the wires from getting cut. They sure don’t add extra lengthy wires in these things!!!

4 Likes

How often do you drop your mods lol jeez, by the time I break a mod it’s usually so wore out it’s not worth fixing lol

8 Likes

To all,
Why 30-80w??? I can taste it just about the same as at 170w but I really get my fix that way… It doesn’t work for me at those low watts.You all do RDA’s though. I don’t want to get that complicated.

5 Likes

My 30ml all day tank is a little different

10 Likes

@Fishaddict420, I drop mine all the time. As for wearing it out… I imagine I’ll be fixing mine until… well I just wont stop lol.

4 Likes

It’s not a charging port, it’s a firmware upgrade port and should be sealed with the lid all of the time. Use a separate charger for your batteries on any mod (that doesn’t have a fixed battery).
The legend can take quite a beating if you use it as intended. If you’re going to open things that should be closed, yeah, you’ll get trouble but you have that with any mod.

6 Likes

Damn! looks cool!

This is mine

4 Likes

@anon28032772, I’ll have to look… mine didn’t come with a port cover on it.

4 Likes

I am a high wattage vaper but if you really want to come to flavour town an rta or rda should be on your radar - the difference is huge and maybe one day you will take the leap but for now if what you are doing and how you are doing it works then keep doing it :slightly_smiling_face:

@anon28032772 is absolutely correct the usb on all the Aegis mods should only be used as a last resort charger and if used as a charger the tank should be removed.

6 Likes

if it was a second hand one i can see that but if it was a new aegis then you got stiffed there should also be a spare port cover in the box

5 Likes

@woftam, that’s your site right? can you give me the link again. I accidentally closed the window and couldnt find it in my history.

4 Likes

I can fix most things that are metal, but cheap mods with plastic battery doors on the bottom of the mod are too much of a pain to fix, especially when a new one is $20 lol…I don’t drop mine very often at all though, mostly because I can’t get replacement parts for my favorite tanks anymore due to their age…

5 Likes

@anon28032772, sorry. was thinking about another mod… It does charge through that port too. and the port cover isnt the best. Trust me, water and juice will get into it.

4 Likes

@Fishaddict420, I get lucky at times and find them for $20 but I’m picky I guess lol. I don’t need glitz and glamor. Just a simple 300w range mod w\ the ability to hold 3 batteries.

4 Likes

to all,
I’m gonna try the salt nics in my sub ohm tank. I’ve heard it burns up the coils and is dangerous. Oh well… I’ll do it anyway. If it has more flavor at high watts then it’s worth it…

Oh, is there a salt nic recipe area on the DIY site? Can I use regular flavors because I don’t have any ultras.

3 Likes

If you keep opening that lid for charging I can understand, it’s rubber and it’ll wear out. Like I said, it’s a firmware upgrade port and should only be used for that even IF you can charge it there. I have no issues with mine and I do have a couple leaky tanks and drippers and I do wash my mod under the tap.

6 Likes

@anon28032772 I have another screen because I ordered 2. The tech support really sucks though. Just saying…

3 Likes

That is quite possible, I’ve never had to contact Geekvape for any warranty issues. Their stuff has always worked as expected :slight_smile:
Should I have any issues, I’d walk up to my retailer though. They’re supposed to give the warranty and they’ll deal with Geekvape themselves.

4 Likes