Best and Worst Mods and Why

I’m a bad example for nic levels and/or wattages lol, I run two boreas tanks, both quad core Clapton coils, my silver one 5 wraps 52 watts with a cereal milk or fruit/cream or lemon meringue pie, my black boreas 7 wrap coils with some type of cinnamon bakery at 70-75 watts, both 3 nic, but I have some other rda’s and tank’s with coils that run 20-30 watts and I use 5 or 6 nic for those lol…

As I’m sitting here on my couch my side table has 4 mods on it, when I get a craving I usually end up hitting at least two of them in one session lol

6 Likes

Plenty of mods I wont buy due to the poor craftsmanship of some of their previous offerings - SMOK, Wismec (their early mechs were pretty good), Sigelei are all in that list.

SMOK tanks (I believe they have lifted their game) but their coils used to be hit and miss 2/3 in a packet sometimes would fail.

7 Likes

@Fishaddict420, 3mg? heck, I don’t think I’d even feel that??? You must be close to quitting and have been away from the smokes for a while?

5 Likes

One that really disappointed me, because they used to be superb, was the Snowwolf Vfeng. Two times I had to get a replacement for that mod and when the last one died after two months, I was done.

6 Likes

@woftam, I’ve had pretty good luck with SMOK (not to say I might regret that lol). I still don’t know why the high wattage? everyone runs at 40-100w? I bet 100w raises eyebrows?

4 Likes

Smok has come a long way from their bottom of the garbage bin position they held just a year ago, but they still aren’t really great products…I got into building coils initially because two boxes of coils worth of money would set me up for a year of making my own coils, but now I can’t go back to buying coils because the flavor just flat out sucks comparatively, although mesh coils can get you a glimpse of what a good rta or rda can do… if you search the bargain bins of all the online vape shops you could get a really good rda or rta and all the stuff you need to build on it for less than $25, and there are tons of product reviews here on elr to help you pick something out.

If your interested what I do is go to places like 8vape and look at their clearance section, add anything that’s cheap into my cart, then I come back here and start looking for reviews on those sale items, when I find something cheap with great reviews I give it a shot and I have only been disappointed a few times lol.

10 Likes

As I said they may have lifted their game but the tfv8 and tf12 coils were a nightmare the failure rate from poor QC was killer. I haven’t used a SMOK product for over 3 years and it is very unlikely I will ever use one.

8 Likes

@authormichellehughes, dang. I know there are some bad ones out there. The Aegis Legend was sold to me after my Wisemec was stolen. Pretty mod but I can’t put tanks back together to save my life lol. the juice leaked all over the supposed water resistant thing and made it quit working.

I got some electronics cleaner, took it apart and wha-la! It started working again! The thing is, the spay fogged the LED display cover up so I couldn’t tell where the mod was set for.

Pretty mod but tech support sucks.I won’t get another.

6 Likes

I have to agree with you on their tanks. I do have a Smok Mod, and the only issue I’ve had with it was not liking to read the new RTA.

6 Likes

My three Fave mods

Smoant

Battlestar
Charon TC 218
Cylon

10 Likes

@woftam, WOW!!! that bad?! Ok, I’ll watch mine then. I didn’t know they were that bad. Everyone who vapes brags about them here.

5 Likes

WOW and someone just recommended I get that.

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, like I said, pretty, works well until it gets wet in the charging port. The port itself is wide open to the electronics. I ordered a new front glass (actually 2). They changed the style and I broke one already because it doesn’t fit the mod. Also, It took 2 months to get. I wound up using my dremel tool with a polishing wheel to clear it up.

The charging port is on top, right next to the tank. If the tank leaks, the unit is toast.

6 Likes

Also, since you said worst mods… and I can’t stress this enough…FUCK VOOPOO… I’ll be saying that even after I quit vaping lol and @Caped_Conspirathist I’m three years or so since my last cig, 3 nic is as low as I can comfortably go though, I tried dropping to 1 and apparently I’m still quite addicted to nicotine lol, I used to vape up around 100-140 watts but as my taste buds came back I have found that I get the best flavor for me at around 40-70 watts in tanks or rda’s with more restricted airflow, plus with rda’s you need less wattage usually because the coils are so much closer to your mouth hole lol

10 Likes

Have a look

The SMOK 510 connectors are rubbish and haven’t changed at all as far as I know.

The Wismec mods the internal wiring is always a lighter gauge than it should be and their soldering is terrible.

Sigelei had some mods in the early days that were great but something happened and they went to custard.

9 Likes

Absolutely - I didnt include them in my list while their mods are as far as i know ok the company ethics suck as does their return policy.

6 Likes

@Fishaddict420, I don’t have the time to do RDA’s. I’m running a small business as a printer repairman for HP. I bought a sewing machine and now everyone in town thinks I am a tailor…Ugh. I have like 9 items now to do.

5 Likes

I can’t remember the specific tank, but my brother in law runs a freemax tank with mesh coils…the falcon maybe? I can ask him if your interested, it has the best flavor I have tried from prebuilt coils, with some mixes it’s pretty close to the boreas tanks even, I just can’t stomach the cost lol I bought enough rayon to wick two lifetimes worth of coils for $15 and spent another $20 on two years worth of wire, I’m set for quite a while lol

6 Likes

@woftam never heard of VOOPOO. Everytime I go to the vape store to buy a mod, it’s outdated. I ordered my last one online. A Valyrian 2.

I like it. simple, has a charging port but uses 3 18650s. I really do like it because it can handle the load of this king beast tank

5 Likes

Freemax are def a good tank the break in time for the cotton is a little longer than some tanks.

The only 3 subohm tanks I have on the desk are the crown 4, the valyrian v2 (v1 is pretty good as well but both really need to be in the higher wattage range to really come into their own) and the freemax.

That is music to my ears lol. :wink:

6 Likes