Best and Worst Mods and Why

Long lost brudders!!
Mom always liked you best! :rofl:

I think I have 8 of them in the vapocalypse stash.

5 Likes

I’ve got the Assura, which I really can’t complain about…Idt it deserved the bad reviews it got…however, that proprietary squonk system, and only one included. Couldn’t find extras. Bought a bunch of the bottles for my usv mach on3…I’m somewhat surethe bottles for my kanger and eleaf mods and likely geekvape are somewhat interchangeable.

2 Likes

Most of my evic clearance scores were from one of the Chinese sites. Fasttech, Health Cabin, there was one other who’s name escapes me. They were actually listed in Joyetech’s clearance section, on their site, about a year ago. Evic Mini, one of the CLR tanks (ego one Mega, Tron) and a few coils. I think the price was $42 or something like that. I didn’t grab any, because I was pretty well set. I’m 66 this summer, so my stash doesn’t need to be huge, to see me to check out time.

I’m just guessing, but I think the Mini’s were just re-packaged into the evic Primo. That’s purely a guess on my part. The Mini didn’t have much razz-ma-tazz when other mods were coming out left & right with jazzed up colors, touch screens, etc. The Primo offered an updated color scheme, a few appearance upgrades, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was still a Mini inside.

4 Likes

I never purchased a Primo, but you’re probably correct. The EVic minis are so simple and easy to disassemble and clean. That, and their durability, is what I love about them. Next to my Mech Mods, they’re at the very top of my list of go to Mods.

3 Likes

After some consideration I’ve decided to add the Valyrian II to my list of worst mods. Uwell makes no replacement parts for it. That will on my list of things to check for before getting another mod.

I’d like to add to this list any tank that takes a Falcon coil to it. I have a tank (Falcon King)

2 Likes

You don’t get to be the biggest catfish in da pond being stupid! Lol, I love the Tron and Ego one Mega!!! I’m 53 and MTL is a fav. Remember the Typhon GT2? Or were you the other one, Kayfun? I am gonna bust out the Ego One, titanium coil, and rock the evics, with some Cosmic Fog sherbert…yummy. Thanks for the inspiration. Evic mini created a stir, remember the angry bird game or whatever that was….I have the funky greenish color in the mini. Looks nice with the black tank, or the gold tron. The primos always looked interesting, I think you maybe correct in your observation…

5 Likes

Kayfun? Never heard of it.

Hell yeah on the Kayfun. I love ‘em. I picked up a pile of EH Pro KFL+V2’s (with the two air passages / screws) a few years ago, on clearance at $9.95 ea. Those big ol’ hunks of steel will probably outlast me. I drilled the air passages out on 4 of them (5/64), and left 4 stock. The one in the pic is my first one, almost 4 yrs old. Original tank plastic and even all original o-rings. I’m a MTL’er too, and these work fantastic, for me.

Love the Ego One’s / Trons too. Big CLR coil fan. My first CLR is still in daily rotation (with a few others) it’s been rebuilt over 200 times. Can’t kill the CLR’s.

We seem to have fallen out of the same time warp…lol

4 Likes

Loved those Evic Minis. Good little workhorse mods. EFun had them on clearance for 12 bucks a year ago and I should have bought some but I think they only had the teal color and that color bugs me. Wish I could find a couple of IPV D3s still. That one replaced my love for the Evics.

4 Likes

You’re starting to worry me… :confused: Is there something you’re not telling us?

Dude… 66 isn’t that old! Turn that number upside down… then ya got old! :joy:

So, hush up about all that 6’ under the sod stuff! :wink:

6 Likes

Nahh… no secrets here. I just figured a 20 year vape plan. I doubt I’ll be vaping past the mid 80’s. But I think a lot of my gear will still be running, if I change my mind…lol. :+1:

6 Likes

I started vaping in 2015, which might explain it. It was actually 2014, but I hadn’t kicked cigs yet. I did cut down a lot, with just cigalikes. Let’s face it, nobody walks away from a 30+ year habit w/o putting forth a little effort. I saw the parts list on the kayfuns and said, Nope! Too many pieces…I realize Smoevesto was just showing off, but intimidating! Taifuns weren’t bad, subject to occasionally bouts of incontinence, for no apparent reason. Can’t do tc very well. After you get the knack, it’s an excellent vape. I had to drill out my Igo L (youde) dripper… That was very MTL! I got some authentic Vulcans for $5! Still a fab dripper. Liking the tobhinos, nice squonk attys.

5 Likes

The KFL is very simple. No juice flow control, a few o-rings. I think it was the Kayfun 4 (?) that had a mind boggling number of parts & o-rings. I’m with you on that one, no thanks. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones, a week or so of dual use, and I was done with the cigs for good.

3 Likes

I looked at so many…then and later. Phil Busardo’s reviews, that’s how I learned to build the taifun. I actually got off cigs with a Aspire ego tank!!! Then the little 510 styled ones, which looked like bowling pins….done with cigs!!

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I started with. That on top of an eleaf 15.

5 Likes

Mine was the Nautilus with an MVP20 mod. Loved that setup! Gave away my MVP/Nautilus collection last year to a couple that wanted to quit the cigs.

3 Likes

Mine was the 30 watt Eleaf! Great set up, wasn’t it? Still love the isticks for implicitly. I have the 200 watt triple battery versions, got for $15 a piece on clearance. I do like my triple mods…

4 Likes

Yep, got one of those and then the 75 when they came out. My go
to has been the 220W IKON for the last couple of years. Just wish
the screen was brighter.

2 Likes

That is true, they aren’t outdoor friendly. But, set it and forget it, right?

2 Likes

That’s why they have a lock function. :slight_smile:

2 Likes