Best and Worst Mods and Why

Dual are the best!! IMHO

3 Likes

I don’t want a return or refund. I like the unit. That’s why I’ll fix it up and hope the electronics will last.

4 Likes

I have to say, you are a master of deception, I really wouldn’t have guessed :rofl:

7 Likes

There’s a difference between out of the box looks and function to what was expected. I wouldn’t have gotten it if I didn’t think it was nice. Once I owned it, I realized it had some serious flaws that were never disclosed at the time of sale. That’s not deception. I don’t claim its the worst mod because of style, etc… I’m speaking of the internal design.

@Suomynona, I hope that makes sense?

Once I do the work needed to make it proper, I’ll love the mod. It’s the work I have to put into it… that’s the problem. So I rate it the worst for it’s internal design. Outside it’s beautiful.

2 Likes

Agreed, the single is my second choice if the duals are out of stock, I also clean and reuse my coils, flush with hot water then soak in STOLI Vodka, hot water rinse then dry maybe couple weeks or so.
Disclaimer: my wife is half Russian/ half Polish, got plenty of STOLI !:crazy_face:

3 Likes

@Rocky02852 you had me at …

Reminds me back to my carto days. I didn’t have as good of a system as you did, but clean the carts I did.

3 Likes

I stopped using pre-built coils very shortly after I started vaping, but none ever leaked on mine. Aspire coils. I always could notice a change in flavor as the sign to change the coil. But even so, there are good tanks that are almost leak free.
Good luck with your waterproof mod. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

How many uses do you get out of 1 coil on average? @Rocky02852

4 Likes

I’ve done that before, maybe I should do it again.

5 Likes

@big_vape, someone told me the cotton can’t hold the juice after a while. I’m mixing with 30/70. I think I’m going to start with 80/20 before adding the flavor.

4 Likes

I would say three although I don’t keep track. I try and clean them right when I just start to get that burnt taste, after the first or second cleaning when I get that horrible burnt taste that is unvapable then toss it!

3 Likes

Cotton does degrade so I can agree with that comment

Wow I hope that was a typo. :upside_down_face:
I’m out. Good luck in all endeavours :sunglasses:

4 Likes

yup… scratch that… reverse it lol

5 Likes

Yeah, it seems to me issues never occur during warranty. I have done it, tho, I got a SMY tochbox I had to return to Element Vape; they were awesome and took care of me, and my new SMY is great.

2 Likes

It is a good topic! How about the Joyetech 510s…anybody? I do love my evics…but figure on using it in power. Stainless steel can be a pain, just trying to keep it in SS mode, it frequently reverts to power.

3 Likes

I have a Hugo squeezer as a backup. Cheap as chips and as it’s fully mech. there’s not a lot can go wrong. With a 21700 it works a treat.

2 Likes

The best thing I’ve enjoyed about the Aegis Legend is that the company keeps sending me free parts from previous orders. Kinda like I joined a lifetime parts selection or something.

The Valyrian II is an EXPENSIVE mod that wears out pretty fast and they don’t make replacement parts.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the evic mini. It’s my #1 mod. I can’t comment on how well it handles TC, as VW has always worked well for me. My present one is 4+ years old, dropped numerous times. Accidentally kicked 20 ft across a concrete garage floor, ending up under the workbench, in all the spiderwebs and dandelion seeds. Fished the parts out, blew it off with an air hose, re-assembled and it didn’t miss a beat.

It looks like hell, missing paint in spots, but the fire button is still solid and good ‘click’ feedback, display is still bright. This thing has been a dependable workhorse for me. Over the years I’d pick up a couple here & there, when I saw them on clearance. It’s my main stash mod.

3 Likes

I think we might be original members of the “EVic Mini Club” :joy:

I bought another half dozen or so when they were in clearance, years back! It’s one of the toughest mods I’ve ever owned! Ya just can’t kill’em! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We had 5 in the household, until the burgundy one started auto-firing! Don’t mind telling ya, that was scary…and not much you can do. I guessed about what may be correct, which was take it outside, and let the battery drain. It was very cold, January, and so that worked real well. I knew it probably couldn’t be salvaged, assuming 510 pin was damaged, stuck, broken, etc. The rest are fine. How did you ever managed to find these on sale??? The damn things don’t seem to lose their value price-wise. Assuming you can find them, You probably won’t see them for under $50. Still, worth it!

3 Likes