Best authentic pancake concentrate

Hi Guy’s,

We are wanting to get opinions on what your favorite choice of pancake concentrate is, as we are wanting to add this flavour to our stash, but don’t want to waste money just buying any old pancake as there a few to choose from.
Also, besides this question we have just taken delivery this of Waffles Vanilla (FA) and Crepe (WF) and are looking for some links to any great recipes for these two flavours.
Thanks in advance, and we hope to get some help with our questions.
K&M

Thanks for all the advice guys and we think we will go with the TPA Pancake as it is the only one we can buy at the moment from our usual stockist here in Sydney. Can buy other pancake from another retailer but the freight cost would be more then product price. We will try the suggestions you have all thrown up and see what happens. Thanks again
K&M

7 Likes

@Sejuiced_By_Mel there are many ways to get there, but probably one of the BEST pancake flavors I’ve ever tried was …

Pancake SC 2.5% (4-14-17) – WOW, this tastes like Pancakes !!! Lovely buttery, syrupy pancakes. A little sweet, but that’s what happens when you put syrup on them. Very full and nice body. If you want pancakes, this one is for you. 10/10

8 Likes

Pancake tfa/tpa is also good at 2-3%. I usually add 0.5-1% butter to it. It was fresh’s recipe

It’s a dark colored flavour, though, and will gunk your coil faster

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but what kind of butter as we have a few different types. We have FW Butter Cream, TFA Butter, CAP Butter Cream, CAP Golden Butter so what do you believe would work best. Thanks K&M

5 Likes

@Sejuiced_By_Mel that’s the go to “Butter” for me.

7 Likes

@SessionDrummer thanks brother. That’s the answer for us.

5 Likes

There’s no real pancake flavour without the syrup note I don’t think sadly, so you’re prettty much forced to have the same pancakes and syrup I think.

There was crepe by WF but I thought it tasted like alcohol and didn’t steep out

6 Likes

TFA/TPA butter

And as SD said, golden butter also work

5 Likes

Tfa Butter if you cant get VTA Butter base or FA Butter …I agree with joel regarding pancake. The WF as a pancske was disappointing . I really though they were gonna nail it …NF pancake is supoosed to be good but i havent tried it. Golden Butter has never worked well for me but we sre all different and taste things different

6 Likes

Ahhhh crap, I COMPLETELY forgot about FA. :frowning:

FA Butter > CAP Golden Butter

6 Likes

Lol…Have you tried butterbase ? Its pretty good as well

6 Likes

For me it is Pancake (Organic) (NF). Very versatile as there is no syrup note, can be used in tons of stuff. Ive used it in cakes, custards, cookie, etc, in the .25-.75% range.

9 Likes

Yes it was you who must have told me about the NF …

6 Likes

@anon44012888 thanks for the reply and we have the crepe (WF) and have been tossing up this idea of going down this path but not sure how much of a pancake flavor it would be. Any suggestions on the crepe idea ?

6 Likes

Vqnilla butternut fw at high percentages also good for plain pancake flavour (around 10-15% I think?)

7 Likes

I haven’t tried VTA’s Butter Base yet. I’ll have to add that to the ever growing list.

5 Likes

You’re right @delltrapp. I remembered I was VERY skeptical when xalBBlax posted that. BUT, it just plain worked.

7 Likes

Or @Plunderdrum, i had a couple NF many years ago but it was his posting here that got me re-interested. They make some really great concentrates.

6 Likes

Yes Plunderdrum is the NF king …

7 Likes

There were some perks to being limited by PG-free flavors for my first couple of years in diy! I had to did deep into some uncommon resources. NF, MF and RFSC were my only options at the time.

6 Likes