Best authentic pancake concentrate

Lol, SD, you know I’ve been wanting to make that recipe for awhile now? He specifically recommends TFA Maple, not syrup, and that is not an easy flavor to find but 2 places have it, Flavor Jungle and DIY Vapor Supply. He is so adamant about sticking to the mix the way it is. I can’t wait though.

5 Likes

Hey @fidalgo_vapes weren’t we discussing that new WF Pancake flavor on SSMS? It’s plain pancake, no condiments. Am I remembering correctly?

5 Likes

It is a good butter but beware of your pct. the puke factor is there.

6 Likes

Ya for me every VTA and SSa need a l8ng steep and pcts have to be precise or :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

6 Likes

I dont remember but for me its not what i thought it was gonna be . It isnt maple like other pancke or waffle types but its also not a fluffy Pancake either

5 Likes

I get more butter than anything else, never really tried to base a recipe to make a pancake. But it is a great addition to ice cream or custard. More of a an additive than a base flavour for me.
It like it has the pancake flavour with no maple but little body, making the butter dominant. This may be a good way to describe it.

6 Likes

Agree. I thought I had ruined a mix once with one of the SSA. I let it steep for a long time and then it was vapable.

5 Likes

Thx, that was helpful to know. I may pass on this one…for now.

5 Likes

Absolutely love that Pancake I have a recipe somewhere using Pancake and FLV Popcorn. It was a little trick I learned from Folkart, the Flv popcorn adds a melted butter note and also helps adding depth to the pancake.

5 Likes

@McDuckie @SessionDrummer does the RF SC Pancake have a strong maple syrup note as I’m looking for a plain PC?

3 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden it has been awhile since I used it but I did get butter and syrup …

Pancake SC 2.5% (4-14-17)** – WOW, this tastes like Pancakes !!! Lovely buttery, syrupy pancakes. A little sweet, but that’s what happens when you put syrup on them. Very full and nice body. If you want pancakes, this one is for you. 10/10

But …

Pancake (Organic) (NF) 1.0% (2-22-20) – On to number two, and it proved to be more than strong enough @ 1%, so these (at least the Organic Line I tested) are in the Ultra concentrate level. I was warned this one was another one of the good ones, and I agree. Having tried many pancakes, I found this one to be an interestingly different take on a pancake. It did NOT present with butter and/or syrup which was a surprise, and continued vaping also revealed I wasn’t missing them in this flavor. To my tastes it was like 40% pancake batter, and 60% pancakes. Quite a delicious little mix here. It probably could be tested lower, but even with that, it was very good at a full 1%. Not overly creamy, but a mid level sweet almost perfect pancake, with lighter batter elements mixed in. I continued to vape thinking surely I would find some trace of the typical butter / syrup but they just weren’t in there, and that was great, because if you want them, you can add them, if not, roll solo. It leaned towards a vanilla, but wasn’t a vanilla. Smelled slightly spicy in the tank, but not when vaping it. Very interesting mix, and the tank will be finished fo sure on this one. 9.75/10.

3 Likes
4 Likes

For the price of the 60ml bottle you would be better off for $5 more to buy the 8oz bottle and then put it in everything.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer thank you very much for your help. The NF version sounds like exactly what I’m looking for but sadly they are not available in the U.K. and the postage costs will be silly money.
It’s a pity that FLV or FA hasn’t released a pancake flavour as I’m sure they could do it and probably do it well. As with the new FLV Dulce de Leche and the cinnamon note that we talked about I much rather have a plain base so that I can add my own toppings etc. I don’t get on with most of the maple flavours because of the high levels of Cyclotene that I am sensitive to and which tastes horrible and dirty to me like TPA Ry4D. Sorry for rambling on.

6 Likes

As I said…silly money for postage.

7 Likes

The only Pancake flavor I have is WF and I didn’t get pancake out of it… so I built my own pancake!

7 Likes

TFA pancake is also good at 2% with FA/TFA butter at 0.5%

There’s maple there, and there’s grainy feel to it.

6 Likes

I believe it was FreshPies that rates that one quite highly and I have tried a recipe of his that I liked very much called Jack Johnson which is banana and pancakes. I didn’t taste any maple in it which was good for me.

7 Likes

Yes, it was fresh who said it

4 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden I’d almost forgotten about …

7 Likes