Best authentic pancake concentrate

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I have seen it before and was put off by the TPA Maple but now I am going to sub that for a little bit of FA Maple Syrup or even better for me is VTA Golden Syrup. Thanks for reminding me about this one mate, always appreciated.

3 Likes

I never got maple syrup taste out of Golden syrup. I get a caramelized sugar taste. My buds must be shot.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome @Lucas_James_Holden. Granted it is years old now, and he DID use the FW VB sky high, I did a test with at about 50%, and it actually DID favor a freshly cooked pancake. NOW, this was JUST the VB without the maple and caramel.

3 Likes

I live FLV Popcorn!!! Maybe as much as @Rocky02852 loves Milk and Honey…well maybe not THAT much :rofl: but yes, I love that butteriness and how it can be used in many other ways besides the obvious.

4 Likes

That’s the whole idea mate as apart from a low percentage of FA Maple Syrup I don’t like the flavour in vape form, I get a melting plastic taste from it. Golden syrup on the other hand is another pancake topping that I actually like a lot.

3 Likes

I have that flavour (not used yet) and shall have to test it at the same percentage as you did. Thanks mate for the info.

4 Likes

The VTA Golden Syrup would pair nicely with the Vanilla Butternut for a maple note in the MSM Pancake. There is a hint of maple in FW VB the golden syrup should enhance it. I would use GS in place of TPA Maple @ 2-3%.

5 Likes

@McDuckie thanks for the tip mate, I shall try that.

4 Likes

Ahhhh, Golden Syrup belongs on dumplings not on pancakes… memories of my childhood way back then!

5 Likes

Where are you from @lanc13? It’s probably because we are from different countries with different cuisine.

3 Likes

I am Australian born and bred mate. Was brought up on “old school” country cooking with a dash of experimentation. Dumplings, Golden Syrup and fresh pouring cream were a Sunday lunch occasion, especially when visiting the grandparents.

6 Likes

I was also bought up on good old fashioned home countryside cooking only UK style, I also spent a lot of my time at my grandparents too and they always gave me traditional food. My Mum was a bit more adventurous cooking pasta dishes, rice and curries. The female’s on my Mother’s side were all employed as cooks at one time or another, my Nan was a pastry chef and her sister was a confectioner whilst my mother worked under them at a Lady’s finishing school.
Those dumplings of yours sound absolutely delicious and I would love to try them, I shall have to look up some recipes.

6 Likes

You guys were lucky. Although I always thought my mother was a great cook, I quickly found out she wasn’t. I was brought up on the ‘Better Homes and Gardens’ red and white checker cookbook. And if it said ½ teaspoon of something she had her measuring spoon out. No deviations. :wink:

7 Likes

Oh yeah! That’s the shit right there. Pretty sure we used to have it on pikelets. I don’t really remember maple syrup being in the house much when I was a kid, but there was always golden syrup. I think so mum could fill us up on ANZAC biscuits, they were a staple.

5 Likes

That book is a fine standard to use. I think it was the first cookbook I bought many, many years ago…in my 20’s.

4 Likes