Best flavor rdas

Always been a big fan of the Drop RDA, run 1 single coil and the other dual. Like it better than the dead rabbit and dead drop, the latter being close though. I agree, prefer the Profile a bit more but the drop is quicker to get a build in, great design.

I just picked up the Vandy Vape Pulse 2 about a week ago, was on sale cheap or I would have never picked it up. First build was a quick single coil with the single coil insert in place, 6 core Clapton with either 3 or 3.5mm ID, can’t remember. Wasn’t expecting much as the Pulse X wasn’t all that great but the Pulse 2 surprised me, very good flavor. I had built it quick as a friend was coming over to try out some new recipes and he commented on how good the flavor was as well. Haven’t tried out any other builds but may buy a second if it is still on sale for under 15 bucks.

8 Likes

Do you have the Drop Solo? Got a good flavor build for it, coil position, how many holes open?

4 Likes

I do have one but haven’t seen it in awhile :laughing: Never really warmed up to that one, the OG Drop give me more of a rowdy vape I want even with a single coil over the Solo. With the OG I usually go with a 3.5mm 6 core Clapton or an Alien in single coil mode. I always have the top of the T airflow closed, with the 6 bottom holes open I get just the right amount of airflow hitting under the coil for some tasty flavor.

6 Likes

Wuss!

6 Likes

Nice looking atty

2 Likes

Mess with the bull you get the horns… Drop on the left for girth comparison :sunglasses:

:laughing:

6 Likes

So two things happen when you tell me to get the bull by the horns:
1.) The bull shits itself.
2.) Or, Beef is for dinner!

6 Likes

@mjag @TheTinMan et all, is there a general consensus between Drop Solo RDA and Drop RDA? Is one generally considered better than the other? I’m hunting those because there’s a sale at Cvapor. Originally I was looking at Drop because its a small 24 mm deck, saw great reviews, but it seems to be more designed for dual coil builds (though clearly doesn’t have to be used that way, thanks to great photos here). I tend to do more single coils, and I prefer the 22 mm size and the single color look of the Drop Solo. Are they comparable, or is one decidedly better than the other? I’m leaning toward Drop Solo just because the mod I’m buying for is my bros, tiny… anything over 22mm will have a lil overhang.

@Mix_and_Hope How do u like those Tesla 86W Punks? Looking gorgeous in your photos with atty stands. I’ll eventually have the whole line, but in near future can only get one… waffling between that Punk tube and the Nano 120. I’m a nut for the Tesla steampunk mods. My Punk Mini was my alltime fave mod to date before it died, tragically.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The drop could be use in single coil mode as well as dual. Totally based on your preference. I just enjoy a dual coil on a mech.

4 Likes

I only have the Solo

3 Likes

The Drop was one of the most popular RDA’S of last year, didn’t really keep track of how the Solo did. I really wish I could find my Solo, could be that I traded it or gave it to a friend or it is just hiding behind another tank. I didn’t like how you had to bend the coil leads on the Solo, they could have did a better job on how the coils attach.

I don’t have a lot of 22mm tanks but did just pick up a Vapefly Pixie RDA. Not a bad little flavor RDA and easy to build on, was on sale for about $12 at vapordna. Wotofo also makes the Nudge 22 which is not a bad little single coil RDA as well.

While not 22mm I do like the Cthulu Mjolinar RDA. Quick to build on, great flavor and has a reservoir. Think it holds something like 2ml of juice so I can get a good 40 puffs at times before having to redrip. Use it on my mechs a lot for that reason.

I almost forgot about the Hermetic RDA, that one is 22mm and comes with a decorative bottom cap which will make it look good on 24mm mods as well. Good flavor but noisy airflow which is a pet peeve of mine. I know @Sprkslfly loves that one, it is good.

@Skullblade789 , can you get pics of that confrontation :laughing:

6 Likes

I do indeed!
Another incredible flavor atty!
(no noise issue here, but I take long slow pulls… So I’m not sure if that’s playing a part in the experience.) :wink:

The only reason I didn’t list it or the Topside (single), was due to the “tried and true” combo.

I use both of the above (in that exact combo) daily… But that’s only been for a couple months. Once they pass the 6 month mark without issue, I’ll consider them “true”.

As far as flavor and performance, both have been stellar so far.

Same for the Pulse Dual squonk (again, with a Hermetic), but without the convenience filling.

/edit: apologies for getting my threads crossed.

7 Likes

I didn’t see anyone mention the wasp nano. Just ordered one from FT for around 12 bucks to do some flavor testing. Everything I read suggests it’s a good little single coil rda.

5 Likes

I can’t stop it from spitting or whistling.

On another note I am enjoying the Ammit MTL RDA quite a bit. All 5 holes open for a decent DL draw and the flavor is banging.

7 Likes

saw ya typing and i knew what u’d say :laughing:

4 Likes

Your just whistling for a better device to come along that is all.

5 Likes

You know what my device is. It’s just hard hauling 3 PWMs with lipos back and forth to work every day. The MTL RDAs and pods get me through the day.

The Ammit has been my favorite single coil so far. The Drop Solo and the Recurve and the Wasp all lack flavor, for me personally.

I take it back about the Wasp, flavor is good, hot and warm on the tongue, back of the throat and the tip of my nose if I’m still holding the fire button when I jerk that spitting llama away from my lips.

10 Likes

Very much agree with you there… no doubt, my all time favorite RDA thus far. It ticks every box on my list. :sunglasses: I look at other RDA’s just to keep up with what’s out there, but really have no interest in buying any other RDA. My days of searching for the “right thing” are over.

8 Likes

Finally got my rayon, and it is fantastic! Thanks so much for the rec! Can’t wait to try it in my Kylin M, supposed to have 2 showing up in a day or so. I’ve got my whole household wicking with rayon, now. :wink:

6 Likes

Glad you like it! It really is a step above cotton.

5 Likes