Best flavor rdas

HA!!! Is this for real? I am not sure that is even possible… Oh how I can hope.

3 Likes

For me, it’s true. :wink: Between my 3 different styles of KFs and the Ammit RDA, I’m a happy camper. As a 100% NET user, I need an exposed coil deck type, which will allow me to quickly clean my coils on a daily basis. Some of the recently released RDAs are designed where the coil is submerged into the deck, flanked by the screw posts. This type of RDA deck makes it very difficult to properly clean the coil during wick changes. :confused:

But, hey… not spending money on hardware leaves money for my next tobacco purchase in making NET. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I whole heartedly agree. The custards I have been making lately are some coil killing maniacs.

4 Likes

@Deerslayer, what did you end up thinking of Wasp Nano? I’m curious about how it performs when weighed against the Profile.

I have one in my cart, but can’t decide if I should get the RDA, or the lil RTDA version, with a 2 ml tank incorporated into the RDA. I thought of getting one of each and some colorful top caps, but though the caps look the same, according to Fasttech customer care, they aren’t interchangeable, so there goes that idea. If I had another squonk mod it would be a no brainer for RDA, but I’m torn.

BTW, Fasttech has all sorts of cool resin caps for the Wasp Nano on the cheap, authentic and clone, if you’re a matchy-matchy colorful vaper, like me. lol

3 Likes

I’m still on the fence, lol. I can’t get it to stop spitting. If I use a 3mm parallel 7 wrap 26g kanthal coil spaced it minimizes the spitting and flavor is good. For the price on fasttech, I would pick one up to play with. I mount the coil almost flush with the top and I use cotton in it. Mine has the plastic cap and I can use a 510 drip tip in the top.And then there is the whistling. It does whistle. Haven’t figured out getting rid of that yet either.
EDIT: The profile is still champ.

5 Likes

@OddModicum Tonight I decided to try some stainless ribbon wire out of a roll I bought from I think Advance Vape Supply. I annealed it with a pocket torch so it holds it’s shape since it tends to spring back when trying to wrap a coil if you don’t anneal it. I used rayon in it, but I didn’t really thin the leftover rabbit ears like I do with the profile rda. It ramps up in a split second and there’s no spitting. You can put enough in it just like you would cotton. I actually like the wasp nano alot.

6 Likes

Oooh, nice! I love that flat ‘ribbon’ wire, bet its awesome in TC. And the Nano is so cute! I think I’m gonna have to give and grab one, one of these days. Whole black on black setup looks great! TY sir!

3 Likes

I personally do not like the wasp nano, but I will say that since you can find one for $10 or less online it is still a good atty to take a chance on, it might be just right for you.

4 Likes

I’m thinking I might grab the RDTA version, with the 2 ml tank on it… I just have the one squonk mod now, and my Profile lives on it, permanent-like. lol But the ability to drip on it and yet still have the extra 2 ml attached on a regular mod might come in handy, for sure. And yes, they’re definitely inexpensive, now. I’m always down for the bargain. lol

One of these…plus, I kinda dig the ‘70s Sweat Sock’ kind of color scheme happening, with the red orings.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021459/8390800-authentic-oumier-wasp-nano-rdta-rebuildable

3 Likes

I honestly think they just have crap QC, I loved mine for about 3-4 builds then it started whistling and spitting, I could have just gotten a dud lol.

That’s a full 20mm shorter than the rta I just ordered for my smaller pocket mod setup lol nice.

3 Likes

Mine still whistles. But the spitting has stopped. I don’t mind the whistling that much, my dead rabbit rta does the same thing. I’ve found through trial and error that the drop rda and dead rabbit rta are better flavor wise using a single coil then then using them with dual coils.

7 Likes

I totally agree.

5 Likes

Wait a sec… Drop or Drop Solo has been high on my list. I like the reviews better on the Drop, but vastly prefer single coil. Are ya’ll saying you use the Drop with singles, and its better than w dual?

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct. I believe I posted a pic with the drop in single “mode”. Post 56 or 57 of this thread.

4 Likes

I like the Drop better than the Drop Solo with a single coil. Got 3 drops I use for flavor testing, usually with a 3.5mm single coil. I don’t even know what happened to my Drop Solo and really don’t care :grin:

5 Likes

Narda, if you don’t have an authentic like ME then you’re not even a good vaper.

3 Likes

Have the Nano RTA. It’s very nice for the price. Get a pop only once and a while, if I don’t start inhaling before I press the fire button. Probably won’t work on the RTDA but the RTA is 2mL TPD compliment filled from the top. But if you fill it from the bottom the you can double down. Pretty sure the RTA is popular in TPD countries for that. :wink:

3 Likes

My wife’s cousin got the drop solo and couldn’t get it to work properly. IMO, the 4 coil posts in the drop help channel the airflow to increase flavor, something the solo lacks (only two posts on one side) which is why the flavor is muted, or so I have heard.

6 Likes

Yeah, made no sense to have the 2 posts on one side and you had to bend your coil leads over to position it but that left one side of the airflow partially blocked. Would have been much better to have the posts centered and lower so you just put your coils in and presto, coil perfectly centered with the airflow. Simple solution they overlooked.

6 Likes

Fostered a neglected Ghoul recently which somehow lost its o-rings. Respect for this lil guy. Really easy to build, great flavor yet can be more airy/open if u chose. Kinda fits the bill between entheon and say a 24 bottom air flow rda for flavor vs. clouds. Only thought i guess noting is to place the coil almost as low as the jig thru it allows and dont let your wick block the rear airholes thru the posts.

4 Likes