Best of 2016

lmao, weird style, my girlfriend would totally agree with you on that one haha :wink:

3 Likes

Not tried as many new shiny toys myself either this year, glad to be out of shinyitus just like glad to not be buying juice, from what I have tried:

RX200 - Great price, battery life, sturdy and performs
OBS Engine - Agree with Mike vapes, great airflow, easy to fill and (thanks to the griffin starting stuff off) finally tanks with proper flavour, no leakage or wicking problems
Tsunami - well clones for me, have two and both ere totally different. Wasnt mad on them at first as seemed a bit beastly for my 50w vaping. Innokin exthermal (now extinct) was my favourite ever and the tsunami is the perfect opposite for it, great flavour for for such a beast.

Best thing about the year has been the huge growth in choice of concentrate flavours. Capella, Flavour Art and Inawera have all bought out some great new flavours this year and there have been a number of vendors we have become aware of, some of which have been very dissapointing personally and other surprisingly good. My favourite and least favourite being the same companyā€¦Real Flavours. In the UK we just have the VG concentrates really and personally some have been dreadful, the majority have been pretty flavourless but the good ones have been excellent

5 Likes

Best of to me

Dual battery Mod- hcigar vt 167 and smok 220
Single battery mod- Rx75 and evic mini (Pico would be my 3rd favorite)
Tank using stock coil- smok baby beast 0.5ohm coil
Tank using rba section- kanger toptank mini
RTA- merlin mini and merlin
RDA- velocity v2 clone (i still want to pick up a pharro since I love single coil builds)

Best new flavors- chocolate, brownie, strawberry, brown sugar, bread pudding, butterscotch pudding, chocolate Milkshake, pineapple, yum berry, and rootbeer so far (i still have a lot more to test) from real flavors. vanilla pudding, pineapple, mango, alpine strawberry, pound cake, and marshmallow flavorah. Sweet strawberry and cocoa jungle flavors.

3 Likes

Best RDA = Goon/ Pharoah (Heard alot of people saying they liked it and I like the deck design on it
Best Clearomizer = Aspire Cleito
Best RDTA= Aromamizer Supreme, fit my needs, never heard of any problems with it and it kept on keeping on.
Best Regulated Device = Alien 200w with a landslide into the year. Small, compact, affordable.
Best Mech = Didnā€™t try any this year.
Best Juice Company: Time Bomb, they were putting out alot of good flavors that I saw, and didnā€™t find one that I didnā€™t like.
Best Flavor Manufacturer- I think CAP really set the deal, lot of eccentric flavorings this year

3 Likes

This (x2 of em) is on my short list (aka in my cart but havenā€™t pulled the trigger yet) at FT

love my clones

ditto + the rx2/3

+1 billion

2 Likes

So got a new one to add:

RDTA the Avacado 24 is so good. I get immense flavor and clouds. It really is intense. I love the flavor. It has replaced all tanks that I use.

4 Likes

The troll v2 is on sale for $14 and $16 at the moment.

3 Likes

I love my Avocade 24 too (the new with bottom air) Another one that really are good too is Mage Gta - single coil, but ā€¦ wow and the taste, amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly the 22 is better in my opinion. I canā€™t put my finger on it. It is just better.

2 Likes

I agree 100%. I would sell my 24 in a heartbeat if I knew anyone that wanted it.

1 Like

I am goin to try bigger coils in to see if it performs better but for right now it sits lonely. Still use my 22. Love that thing.

Iā€™m tending to prefer 22ā€™s at the minute but that could be a lot to do with my mod though. Itā€™s not great in TC and I use SS almost exclusively. It just works better with smaller coils. My wicking skills also probably plays a massive part in all that lol

Best RDA - Goon and Recoil
Best RTAā€™ish - Geekvape Eagle totally beats the Griffin 25 plus i got and wonā€™t use again
Best Mod - Best mech - MetalMoose stab wood mechanical mod, besides its looks that are just awesome the switch on this one is a piece of art, it has this firm really short throw that i never had on any other mech mod before this one.

1 Like

Favorite mod: HCigar VT133
Absolutely stellar when it comes to consistency, performance, customization, and dependability! Thanks again to everyone here who recommended it to me this spring! Steep in price to those on a tight budget, itā€™s honestly worth every dime. Could easily be a handful for those who donā€™t enjoy technical toys though! If you want nothing more than simple ā€œclick and fireā€ itā€™s probably best to steer clear.
(ā€œdaily beaterā€ mention: Cuboid 150w. While this one is a slightly annoying little prat with itā€™s occasional quirks {firmware failure, and having to reload the FW} and shitty paint job that wears through to the base in only a couple monthsā€¦ When it works {which is the majority of the time} itā€™s a really good little mod that delivers a good vape with excellent TC!)

Favorite tank/RTA: Wismec Theorem
(runner up: Limitless Plus)

Favorite wire: stainless steel (316, and a nod to 304). This was as big a game changer as getting the VT133!!

Favorite cotton: Cotton Bacon v2.

Favorite ā€œtest platformā€: Coil Master CM 521 Tab
(revised version/v2 with new display)

Even though itā€™s not hardware, since others have mentioned, Iā€™ll add my two-way for for flavor manufacturers!

Inawera, and Real Flavors.
Inawera has just really bowled me over with the quality of their flavors, and the amount ratio! Most of theirs fall nicely into the 1-2% range (havenā€™t found one yet that Iā€™ve gone past 3%), and I find to be quite accurate to the intended target of what it says on the label. Most other brands IME have turned out to be ā€œclose approximationsā€ and need at least one (usually more) complementary flavors. Not the case with Ina! Iā€™ve been happy with almost every single flavors of theirs that Iā€™ve tried as a stand alone!!

Real Flavors. Walt (and team) really and truly elevated their game after (what I believe) a thread right here in our forums brought up some interesting, and very important viewpoints. I think once that thread had run itā€™s course, the bottom line decision was made by Walt to go ahead and do a test run of the raw extracts!! Thank God he did! To think that those were not going to be released originally is a travesty! And Iā€™m thrilled to see the raw extracts (newly rebranded ā€œSuper Concentratesā€) line continue to be expanded upon, and refined!!

Up and coming mention: Purilum Flavors.
Now. Theyā€™ve already got two major pluses in their favor, so the odds are great that weā€™re going to see some serious wonders in the flavour domain in 2017! First, Nicotine River are already legends in the aspects of customer service, pricing, and keeping vapors interests in mind. But they went one further! Which brings me to #2. They quietly brought our own DarthVapor on board in an ā€œevil genius master planā€ kind of way, and have been diligently working away behind the scenes all this time. Iā€™m betting theyā€™ve been grinning like idiots telling each other ā€œoh they donā€™t even know what weā€™ve got waiting in store for them!ā€ the whole time!! LMAO I canā€™t wait to see the outcome!!
Now. This last paragraph is strictly my own assumption of the whole situation. But given the hinting around, and some of our more astute forum members sleuthing and finding puzzle pieces, I have to agree with their implied assessments. Hence the above paragraph of ā€œfictionā€(?). Time will tell! Lol

All in all, thank you so very much ELR for being here, being the place you are, and for playing such a critical role in my vaping life! (Can we nominate our servers for a hardware award?!? ROFL)

7 Likes

Totally agree and glad you mentioned it. The folks here truly are the best.

5 Likes

Last year my faves were -

Best Device - DNA 200ā€¦

Best RDA - Velocity. I only have the cloned version but itā€™s just fantasticā€¦

Best RTA -ā€¦I love the flavor and ease of build of the Aromamizer, but the TFV4 winsā€¦

Best single battery mod - hands down the Joyetech eVic VTC Miniā€¦

Best Flavoring company - ā€¦without a doubt Flavorahā€¦

Best personal mixā€¦ Monkey Nutsā€¦

Best ELR Member recipe - hereā€™s a hard oneā€¦ Banudding Cake, Bust-A-Nut, Rhaegalā€™s Thorn and Exotic Peach Yogurt v2 Gmix

So this yearā€¦

Best Device - Still, the DNA 200. Of the ones I own, the Lost Vape Triade wins best for me.

Best RDA - The Pharaoh

Best RTA - I canā€™t pick just one. The top two though are the SMOK - TF-RTA G4 for outstanding flavor, and the OBS Engine for being just overall tremendous. The Engine would have won it for me if the flavor was as good as the G4, but alas itā€™s just not. Good, not great.

Best Single Battery - Havenā€™t bought one this year, so lets change this to best non-temp-control and give that to the Wismec Noisy Cricket 2. This is a fantastic little mod and doesnā€™t get the love it deserves. Aside from being just a solid performer, it has excellent versatility being able to run both series and parallel 18650s, the potentiometer works flawlessly, and the protective circuitry is also top shelf. I could use this device exclusively if I had to, but the DNA has been a mainstay the entire year.

Best Flavoring Company - Going to have to give that to Real Flavors. Their innovation and willingness to meet the demands of the DIY community is really unrivaled. @Walt_RealFlavors has also been one of the more engaging and, frankly, gracious people Iā€™ve had the pleasure to deal with. A+++

Best Personal Mix - I suppose itā€™s Queenā€™s Cookie Jar although I have a hard time preferring that over Queenā€™s Dowry III

Best ELR Member Mix - Gotta be Moon Butter @Mourning_Glory released it on Jan 3 so it just barely is a 2016 recipe. Enjoyed it all year :slight_smile:

Need to add a new category. Best DIY Supplies Distributor - that easily goes to @Nicotine_River Excellent customer service and quality in everything they sell.

6 Likes

really want to get one of these and the lynx next time I allow myself to order more rda

2 Likes

You will probably love it. Iā€™m not really the RDA type, but for me this one hit all the check boxes I look for in a vape. Yeah I know I should try more RDAs but even loving the Pharaoh, I find myself hitting my RTAs 100 to 1 over it or any other RDA.

5 Likes

My personal favorites of 2016 would be:

RDA: Psyclone Mods Hadaly
RTA: Wotofo Serpent Mini
Mod: Dicodes Dani Extreme V2+ (first spring loaded mod in their range)

As for mech mods I am still happy with my SMPL and havenā€™t found something betterā€¦

4 Likes

Best Personal Mixes

Best Device

• Hcigar Vt133

Best RTA

• Boreas
7 Likes