Best Single-Coil Squonk Atty?

The price is right

5 Likes

For once I have to agree with Joel :smiley:

Pixie is my go-to atty when using a single battery squonker

8 Likes

As a fellow Jew we can both agree that Hitler was BAD

5 Likes

I’ve got a few single coilers: Citadel, krma, Entheon, Dpro mini,Le Supersonic, Phenom…they’re all quite good but the one I enjoy the best for flavor and satisfying vapor, is the Pulse 2. You can run it in dual or single mode and the airflow rings really make a difference. The only con to it is the fragility of the airflow rings. You have to be gentle taking them off the barrel of the atty.
I just can’t stop using it. Give it a try and see what you think.

8 Likes

I mostly have single coilers after a cup of coffee in the morning

5 Likes

I have quite a few BF attys most of them single coils, the ones I use often are an Entheon and an Hadaly, preferring the Entheon for every day use and the Hadaly with mesh wick for SFT.

Great flavours on both, personally prefer the Entheon with a Clapton, it has an improved airflow (similar to the Pulse) over the Hadaly and the oversquonk issue they solved that still the Hadaly had.
You can find for both a good clone version (I’d buy the Entheon) to go cheaper and test them without going broke.

5 Likes

I’m 80% sqonker 20%RTA user.
And I’ve found that the high end 22mm Attys are where the flavour is at.
Hadaly,Entheon,Citadel,KRMA,Armor.are all faves.
My absolute Favourite is the Hadaly for lots of reasons but the others are very close behind.

7 Likes

Are you crustydriptips on IG?

4 Likes

crustydriptip, what is that, slang for an STD?

4 Likes

Good luck with that. I ordered a Wasp Nano and a few other things on May 5th and it still hasn’t left China.

3 Likes

My order has shipped and in the dead zone between here and there already. Since I switched to the US e packet I’ve been getting delivery several days earlier than before.

3 Likes

It shipped on the 9th in the E packet as well, but it’s still saying processing through Beijing EMS.
For what items I bought from them, I only saved a few bucks instead of ordering from the states.

3 Likes

Usually after processed through Beijing it will show up up on usps within a few days but sometimes I don’t get a notice until it hits Chicago or St. Louis.

4 Likes

Dont disount the Bonza on a single battery mod. I use 3 Bonzas daily - one on a mech and 2 on dual battery squonkers. But I have run the Bonza on single battery squonkers by using dual superfine MTL claptons. I was getting 0.4 - 0.5 ohms with those (ss - not nichrome - I vape everything in TC where possible). I was using Samsung 40T’s and getting good run time. For lower ohms I’d switch to 30T’s and agree with you that run time wasnt so good.
Out of interest It was on a Topside which, as you said was a great mod but it failed after 2 months with juice in the board, I didn’t think it was so great then. I replaced it with a Desire Cut and also run a Pulse X - both not as good as the Topside but they both run trouble free with reliable TC so I’ll call that a win.
For single coil squonkers I have daily runners of Recurve, Hermetic and Wasp Nano plus an Entheon for taste testing. For me all are good enough to be in the rotation but the Bonza was markedly better than any of them with dual MTL claptons. I have a fair few others singles but they are now on cupboard duty by the comparisons to the above singles.

7 Likes

Hi Tag, and welcome to ELR. Thanks for your input. I keep seeing a lot of the same attys mentioned…Recurve, Hermetic, Wasp Nano, Entheon, etc. I’ve only used 1 of those - the Recurve. However I have the Bonza on my Topside now but running a single coil. I like it better than other attys I’ve used with single coils, but something still isn’t right. Who knows, I may never find my happy place with a single coil because of using doubles for so long. I know it’s even weird to adjust to the sound of air intake on only one side of the atty. Strange how the brain works. Still, I get a much denser and more voluminous cloud with the Bonza as opposed to the others. That’s why I ordered that Skyfall clone because of the airflow options. I just have a feeling it’s going to rock. I’m also quite interested in the Pixie that @anon44012888 recommended…thanks for that Joel. And thanks everyone else for the input. I can’t buy everything I want but now I have some more ideas. Keep em coming. I can’t be the only one out there looking so this thread will help others I’m sure!

11 Likes

Just for the record, I too have the Recurve, Entheon, Krma, and the Le Supersonic, they are all good, but the Skyfall is better than all of them IMO, even though it’s clone.

7 Likes

Thanks for the welcome (and I realise just now I haven’t done an introductory - better fix that)

I’d be very interested in your thoughts on the Skyline when it arrives (also noting benjy337’s comment)
Like you, I’m still looking for that elusive spoton performance in a sigle squonk. The ones I use are good enough to run for me but fall short in some areas.

8 Likes

My order from the 9th just hit Chicago. Should be delivered tomorrow or Saturday.

6 Likes

Hi, my two penn’orth for your consideration - the Mjolnir. 24mm dia and quite tall, 810 drip tip, very deep juice well, not sure how to describe the airflow but you could watch a couple of reviews. Flavour is excellent.
I use a variety of single coil rda’s, most of them have already been recommended/suggested, and the mjolnir is in my daily rotation.

Edit: what I’ve learned along the way (always a school day lol) is that with all rebuildables, getting that satisfying “Mmmm that’s the one” experience depends very much on the coil. For instance, one of my juices absolutely sings in the Recurve with the Wotofo quad core FC coil but with a different coil the flavour from it is dull. My entheon (clone) was put in the back of the drawer until I tried it with a Ni80 dual core FC, when it completely came alive and blew me away.

7 Likes

Same here. I won’t get mine til Monday.

4 Likes