Best vanilla bean ice cream

I won’t speak for Michelle but I would try Vanilla Custard I (TPA) or if you have it Custard Premium (FA). And then there’s always good ol’ VC (Cap).

3 Likes

I have plenty of that, lol.
I do have other custards but no TPA types and no Premium. If I knew the characteristics of TPA VC 1 or 2 maybe I could find something comparable. I suppose some research in the flavor notes will turn up something. That or the author herself, Michele :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve read the VC II (TPA) is similar to FA’s Premium but haven’t tried Premium. Push comes to shove you really can’t go wrong with VC (Cap) but maybe Michelle will chime in.

3 Likes

You’re kidding? Wow, thx for the tip. Aside from being cheap, it’s much easier to get. I would like to get away from the CAP for a minute. I have some flavors in my wish list at BCF. Wouldn’t hurt to add it. There are certain flavors I can’t have too much of and that’s custard and vanilla with caramel trailing behind.

2 Likes

4 Likes

There’s not a lot of notes on VC II (TPA). Hardly anything written on the recipe side. Eh, Michelle should be a long sometime soon.

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes hello there! We were just discussing your new recipe submission, TOC’s Vanilla Clouds. I have VC II (TPA) in my BCF wishlist but if you could recommend a sub for that so I can start mixing now that would be awesome. TY

4 Likes

Liquid Barn i think

2 Likes

I haven’t played with TPA VC II a lot but my impression so far is FA Custard Premium, as @TorturedZen already mentioned, and INW Custard are the closest. CAP VC while delicious is not as close.

6 Likes

I second that FA Custard Premium and INW Custard together makes a fantastic custard

7 Likes

Ah, TY. I was thinking maybe INW Custard and I have that on hand.

4 Likes

Try it at 2% with the INW Custard first, you can always add the last 1% if you feel it is needed. INW can get weird for me too high but others dont seem to have that problem.

6 Likes

I just mixed some Bavarian Doughnut by BK Toad. That has 2% INW Custard and it smells divine.

Have you ever heard of TPA Custard not Vanilla Custard. Wayne was doing a live mixing show and he mentioned it but I never heard of it nor was it listed on the TPA website, only the Vanilla custards.

4 Likes

Never heard of that before, he probably meant to say Vanilla Custard, was he referring to the original or 2?

3 Likes

So THATS why I cant get a damn thing off baker’s touch! I have been mixing it at like 3% the whole time n nothing! Im going in to mix one up at 8% see what happens.

4 Likes

My go to is TPA vanilla bean ice cream OR if I want something a little richer, LB Vic. Ssa ice cream is another really good one. If I use WF Vic I usually use Vienna cream to back it.

6 Likes

Perfectly said.

2 Likes

Jealous…Ive always been a little jealous of non pepper tasters😠

4 Likes

I get a bit of spicy with the custards without a steep. Not anything else,yet, knock on wood.

6 Likes