Better Flavor builds

I’ve been toying around with some coil builds for flavor and what not and have come to the conclusion that for my personal taste a nice single strand ss coil build at .2 is optimal for flavor at 65 watts! I’ve also tried some crazy premade coils say clapception coil that ohms out at .17 at 85 watts it’s just not delivering the flavor. a nice twisted ss dual strand also works great! Not to keen on the crazy ass coils as of now. They seem to deliver less flavor! Idk thoughts are welcome! We’re all friends here! Could just be the atty in general. Gonna try some simple build in my icon, but it’s such a nice build deck it just doesn’t do it justice! Still a WIP lol

Flavor blows!! VandyVapes Icon

Flavors awesome!!! Tobeco Zorro

3 Likes

I wish I had some input to give you, but I’m in the same boat so far, fancy coils off flavor, plain Jane coils off flavors go away.

4 Likes

Thx @Cutlass92 thx for replying! I appreciate any input! Glad to see your making your own coils now too! That was nice of @Silhouette and @SessionDrummer to help a brother out!

3 Likes

Hey, I found the same thing, I vape around 60 and big exotic coils never quite blew my skirt up. You should let me send you some shots of the triple core twisted Clapton, they are 3 small cores wrapped in 40g, and look like small Clapton but give an insane amount of flavor, and the best part is they don’t need a super high wattage to perform. They are 32×3/40.

6 Likes

I am enjoying it, i have several builds i want to try and @Silhouette gave me to clapton strands i need to make, just don’t want to waste them saving them until i have more practice :slightly_smiling_face:
i have an octo pac with some crazy builds in it and i have tried a few, no good flavor, odd background flavor.

2 Likes

Thx Silhouette that would be very nice of you! Thx for your input also glad to know were on the same page lol

1 Like

Awesome man keep it up and you’ll be so used to it it’ll be second nature! Then all you need is a nice rda if you don’t already own one! I also need to look into a steam crave!

2 Likes

I seem to prefer single core 24/36 ss claptons or single wire Ti 24g coils for flavor builds. A fused 26/36 works very well too

3 Likes

Send pics of your coils over here… so we can all enjoy them

4 Likes

Nice I appreciate that info! I’ll look into that!

1 Like

Yup. In my goon’s dual coil ss316L 24g 3mm ohm around 0.2 range does great for me. Try doing a tiny bit of spacing on the wraps.

Now for rta’s different story. Kayfun v5 and the hurricane v2 sure simple round wire does fine. But other rta’s since the chamber is so big but the build deck is so small a clapton wire for me is required.

2 Likes

Lol we have the same build practically! Awesome

1 Like

My goto has been 2x28+32 SS parallel. Just pulled a (24+32)x2 +36 out of a pharaoh RDTA and replaced it with the goto. Once again, the flavor just pops. Pretty high resistance too. .42Ω. 5.5 wraps @ 4mm. I can even use that on my single 18650 mods and get a little life out of them.

3 Likes

Sweet @Walt3 thx for this info! Ill have to try that out sound great!

2 Likes

Ya, I don’t get it. Not the best for surface area. Not the best for “pockets” to trap juice. But it works. I don’t argue with what works.

3 Likes

@GalacticResidue Am vaping on the Icon now, and reading your post above reminded me of exactly what I experienced. Every time I put in a advanced, multi-wire coil no matter the build it didn’t overwhelm me with flavor and/or it became spitty. Coils up, coils down, didn’t really change. I DID have too much cotton packed under the coils which a few told me about. Left a nice air channel under the coils, AND switched back to simple single wire, 24ga kanthal, and ALL my issues went away. Great flavor, no spittiness, quick to heat up, great vapor, etc.

I can’t tell by your pics if you ended up trying a pair of single wire coils in the Icon or not. If you haven’t, you should. And as others have told me, make SURE to leave open air under the coils.

3 Likes

This build is actually LIGHT on cotton and it still works great…

3 Likes

Thx @SessionDrummer I think a more simple build will work better as well! I used to pack a ton of cotton in my attys, but I’ve learned that it just needs to touch the bottom of the deck! Thx for your advice! I’m leaning towards a more simple build! Here’s some pics of current build. Cool we have the same rda lol love the gold plating!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a sharp looker for sure. I too got sucked into the whole, “Well I got this big ass deck, gotta put a big ass coil in here…”

Yeah, not so much. I’m sure they work somewhere, but just not in the Icon, not at my wattage, not for me…

2 Likes

Lmao this is true! I see you went with the Phillips instead of the Allen lol also didn’t think about the topcap at first when making build a sure enough it shorted when the inner part touched the coil lol oops :yum:

2 Likes