Beware of Fake Crown Tanks

With so many issues with these Crown Tanks and Coils, I thought I would pay Uwell a visit… look what I found.

My 2 has worked flawlessly and I wondered why there was so many issues from vapers.

http://www.uwell.cc/

4 Likes

Where is the I.D. Number at on the box, Cant seem to find it.

What did you find?

It says in the bottom right hand corner that no Chinese company has been authorised to sell Uwell Crown tanks and they’ll be investigating them.

1 Like

So doe’s that mean we all have fake tanks? How can I tell if mine is fake?

1 Like

Not sure as I don’t own one.

But usual way is a scratch code authenticity check.

CMJ

2 Likes

Have not seen any type of code any where on the box or paper work for the tank or the RBA. Oh well they have worked flawless so far.

1 Like

I don’t know either. Their site is very vague.

1 Like

Well if mine are fake, it’s the first purchase of many that is. And they have been great so far, except for my first coil that only lasted 18 days after reading so many post of at least a month of use out of a coil.

1 Like

Hopefully I can win one of the TFV4 that are being given away, Dying to try one but cant afford one right now.

1 Like

If you’re not having problems you probably got an original. Some people have had a number of problems and they may be fakes. I don’t know anything for sure. I’m just sharing info from the Uwell site. What you see, I see the same, There are fakes out there.

1 Like

Mine never had an authenticity code either but maybe this is something they added later? I can’t say 100% mine is real but the thing is solid and performance has been A+ so a chance of it being a fake is low.

I had 1 issue with a coil that I have already posted but outside of that, my coils have lasted over a month and I am currently on my second (not including the faulty one)

I did find it odd that there wasn’t any codes when I received mine but if it’s a fake I’ll buy another! lol

I think the main giveaway is still going and if so PM me and I’ll let ya know a secret :wink:
I won the kit and can’t wait until I get it! It will be the perfect brother to my crown!

1 Like

Guess I’m in luck, mine came from one of their distributors, yayyyyyyyyy!

1 Like

All of the ones I ordered for my shop had authenticity codes.

2 Likes

Can you show a pic of where the code is?

1 Like

There u go… hope that helps!

1 Like

Yes it doe’s Thank you very much.
But i wonder if thats new because none of the early tanks that I’ve seen any where had that. And if it is new Uwell should say so on there web site, because I dont think that thousands of people bought fakes.

1 Like

/Sighs, I just tried to edit a post but deleted it by mistake, so here it is again.

Generally, companies in China such as Fasttech, GearBest, etc; are not able to buy from these companies because they sell authentics for lower than the recommended retail price.
They get around it by having unknown 3rd parties buy from them. To protect said 3rd parties, they take off the authentication stickers. If you were to buy one, had a problem, and sent it back to UWell, that would then tell them who the 3rd party was that purchased them and they would no longer be able to purchase bulk wholesale orders for Fastech and other various Chinese online vendors.
Fasttech, the site I am more familiar with, CLEARLY states when a product for sale is Authentic, or, “Styled” for clones. I have purchased about 90 orders from them and never once have I received an item that was not an Authentic, or that performed as well as the Authentic from other stores.
Some people like to suggest that Fasttech sells “seconds”.
I believe the reality is that the quality control in all of the Chinese manufacturing sites is rather dismal and not up to North American or European standards. Hence, any popular item will have higher numbers of complaints. It’s strictly a numbers game that creates that.
In my fairly experienced experience as a shopper of vape products, everything from mechs, to V/W to TC devices, I have learned that I am no more protected buying from an expensive, highly thought of Vape Store, in my city of Toronto, than I am from buying online at a number of Chinese online sellers, BUT, vendors HATE places like Fasttech and spend a great deal of time bashing it to avoid having countless people buying from them as they lose money.
So in this instance of Crown Uwells, of which I already own one and have a Second coming from Fasttech any day now, its been my experience that many of the complaints are problems caused by the users themselves and because the item, in this case, has become exceptionally popular with new vapers to SubOhm some of which that dont know what they are doing or could rebuild a coil if they had to, its only natural that there will be complaints.

Don’t buy this propaganda. They are just trying to promote the idea that Fasttech, GearBest and all other online sites where most experienced vapers who know what they are doing purchase from, are somehow producing fakes.
NOT TRUE!
The more popular the item, the more headaches there will be for quality control is pretty dismal with Chinese manufacturers.

3 Likes

You are not the first person I have heard say this…I have heard this several times coming from several different directions…I’m simply finding it hard NOT to believe…
Thanks for the great share!

2 Likes

Let me take this a bit further.

Today, in Toronto, any store I check SHOULD i want to purchase a Uwell Crown Atty, will charge me, for the atty itself and one box of 0.15 coils for one of my TC mods, $75. Without tax. Thats just one well known vape store pocketing all the money in their pocket other than paying taxes to Canada.
Others might charge a bit less but once the tax is thrown in, it will be roughly in the same ball park of $75

I have purchased one on Fasttech for $24.21 US with one box of coils for $9.97 US.
Converted into Canadian, that is, $32.09 + $13.21 for a total of $45.30 Canadian.

$45.30 Canadian…or $75 Canadian at various vape stores.
Now you tell me who’s screwing you?

With that kind of money being lost, be aware that rumours such as this one are extremely common, or that these same Chinese sites are selling you seconds, etc.

1 Like