Beware of Fake Crown Tanks

It’s common politics to bash others in an attempt to elevate oneself

2 Likes

I’m confused. I dont remember seeing anyone bash Fastech or anyone else for that matter, we’re just trying to find out if our crown tanks are authentic.

1 Like

I don’t think she meant here, I know I didn’t…some folks in general out there in the real world have a few unpleasant things to say about Fasttech

1 Like

You didn’t but the basis of these stories which we have all seen before are generally pointed in that direction, even if they don’t clearly state so.
This is not the first time we have seen these “reports”

1 Like

Are you by any chance in the Vape Business at all? Do you by chance sell vape gear on eBay, Facebook, etc? Juice, etc?
Just curious.
You may not be.
You might even be new to vaping.
I am simply curious if your business is in Vaping/e-cigarettes, to any degree?
If not and you are fairly recent to vaping, I understand why you might have wondered how Fasttech and other Chinese online stores came into the discussion

1 Like

I’ll tell you exactly who is screwing you, and it’s not the Vape Shops as you believe. The Chinese are screwing all of us in ways you do not realize,your economy. Whenever a manufacturer sells to the public at the same price they sell to business (Vape Shop), they are giving you a cheap tank but they are killing jobs and taking money out of your economy and thus you pay for that tank with more tax to support the poor and other costs averted by a strong economy. When are people gonna realize that MOST Vape Shops pay near or even the same price you do for their equipment. Now I ask you, are Vape Shops REALLY ripping people off…

1 Like

Let me guess, you are somehow involved in the Vape business?

1 Like

Does it really matter. This statement leads me to believe you wouldn’t believe the facts if I were the pope…

1 Like

Whether it has anything to do with it, or not, is rather irrelevant.
I am simply curious.
Are you in the business of Vaping, on one level or another?

2 Likes

Having had this discussion elsewhere, I am going to steal a quote that I felt was far better than any comment I could make so understand these are not my words, but wise words nonetheless…

China is stealing the food out of honest retailers’ mouths". Welcome to the joys of a global marketplace made possible by the internet. We should all pay double so we have more money - sounds legit

2 Likes

Yeah, now you feel me!!! Ok, yes I run a small vape shop. Believe me, nearly every day there is at least one that will say “I can get it cheaper on the internet”. Not a lot one can say to these people. All you can do is point out that if you buy here you will be shown how to use your new vape, you will walk out of this store vapeing, and you’ll have a place to come if there are problems. What else can you tell them?

3 Likes

FT states whether or not an item is a clone (styled is one keyword for clone). Judging by what I have seen w/my own eyes, I trust FT more than B&Ms when it comes to being upfront about authenticity!!

1 Like

You must have some lousy Vape Shops in your area then…

1 Like

That is exactly why I am sitting in my local vape shop spending more money. I have had to return two mods and they have never given me a single problem doing so. I pay a lot more… but it is worth it in the end.

2 Likes

Thing is, I’m not 100% the shop people know what’s up- but someone IS being deceitful. Even if I give the shops the benefit of the doubt that they’re not doing it maliciously, clones at authentic retail cost ain’t happening.

As I said, if this is happening then you have some lousy Vape Shops in your area. If they don’t know what they are doing, by all means avoid them like the plague. If they are knowledgeable then they should know enough to buy the real thing and not clones. Deceitful, well, judgement call there. That’s for you to determine. Usually if they take the time to know their product they are trustworthy. Deceitful people generally make it up as they go. Spending time to learn a product is not in their nature…

I have no problem with shops selling clones provided when the customer is asking or looking that the are honest. Yes Mr Customer, that is a Velocity clone. Sure Mr Customer we have the Tug Boat but it’s a clone. Not like that crook who owns Palmetto Vapors in Red Bank, SC who say Mr Customer, this is the Nemesis mod, and this is the Patriot RDA when they are clones of extremely poor quality.

See, I blab my big mouth off about dishonest businesses. But this POS shop owner represents a good portion of our local shops here in the SC Midlands. They’ve sprung up like Dandelions and most wouldn’t know a good mod or atomizer from a case of herpes. Right now if I need a vape shop it’s either Planet Vapor or Mad Vapes.

I have no problem with that myself though in my own shop I usually avoid clones. Usually the real thing these days are affordable so why bother with clones. But if you sell clones, by all means tell people. Honest truth MOST people don’t care so why lie…

Very sad, I must say. Guess if I were in the Houston area I would see more of this. In my general area most of the shops are run by knowledgeable, and honest people. Where a few have troubles is not from dishonest practice but from young help running shops alone that neither have knowledge of products nor the desire to do anything but play games or be on their phones. These shops don’t last long. Generally we Vape Shops hear when customers are treated wrongly cause many of us here in my area socialize and even help each other out from time to time. Customers talk, and then it gets around. We actually have a pretty good little Vape Community around here…

I will say it saddens me to hear when people talk badly of Vape Shops because yes, there are bad Vape Shops, but damn it, there is a lot of GREAT Vape Shops out there with knowledgeable, caring people running them. I think we all know that you can get screwed online just as easily, or even more easily…

1 Like

Vaping is a new way for a lot of fly-by-night entrepreneurs to try to make a buck. Many if not most are not that involved- it’s simply a way to make a buck.

Just out of interest where is the manufacture based, ??
as My Inlaws have just brought me a Uwell Crown Tank on fleabay,
i am not sure if it is going to be real or a fake, as the picture that the seller had on was very vague only showing the front. it was stated as NEW and UNUSED so only time will tell…

What are the performance differances from the real and the fake one …
i have watched a few youtube clips, but doesnt really sum up between the two.
both seem to perform the same…