Beware of Fake Crown Tanks

If you share the ebay link to the one you bought I am sure we can tell you if it is a fake or not. I don’t know what the fake ones look like. But I have two authentic Crowns and can tell what they look like.

Thanks for the offer, I am little confused with something tho,
I have checked all the hints on checking wheather or not it real or fake,

all seems real, the only snag is that the serial code has allready been registered by the previous owner and it was advertised as new but used device… so i dont know how i stand contacting UWELL with this matter,.

Here is the link…
UWELL CROWN

That looks pretty authentic to me. But I am basing that on the packaging and the rubber covers on the coils. You can’t really see the tank in that too well. The knurling on the tank looks decent, which on a clone that is usually the first sign of a clone. It matches my Crown very well. So my best guess is you have a real one there.

If I Remember rightly the cloned version doesnt come with extra O rings, etc… the leaflet has the serial number on it… the indent on the plastic casing where is it says CROWN… and not OROWN…like on the fake.
it is sunk into the plastic like on the real thing…
so i am guessing i got a bargin at £16… rather than £27 that was being sold in our local vape shop

1 Like

Shenzhen Uwell Technology Co. Is the manufacturer of the Uwell crown tanks. It is a Chinese company in case the name doesn’t give it away. So when someone wants to bash the Chinese for inferior products and clones they might want to stop and think while they vape off of a Uwell crown that sits atop their Sigelei 213. Are there clones? Of course. Are all Chinese products inferior? Heck no. Are the Chinese to blame for the USA economy or any other countries economy?Again that’s a no. We,as a country,have no one to blame but ourselves. Our governments and the laws they implement play a big part on why our economy is the way it is. And guess what? We elected them and we allowed them to do it. The vaping industry is just like most other industries. Our American companies outsource to other countries such as China cause costs are cheap. Can’t really blame them tho can we? Our country made it where they can not only do it but make the biggest profit by doing it. Name of the game is profit. And again who elected those people in government? We did. So that all being said I’ll shut up on that subject after I say this. If you’re uncertain about somethings “authenticity” then might be best not to buy it if what you really want is something “authentic”. If it didn’t cost you anything then just be grateful whether it’s the “real deal” or not although I can understand you wanting to know if it’s “authentic” or not. You don’t like a store or company don’t buy from them or buy their products. Definitely put the word out but don’t lump sum. Yes there are bad clones from China out there. Doesn’t mean that all the Chinese manufacturers are bad. Just my two cents. I’m sure others might disagree on some of the things I’ve said and that is their right. Me,tho,I’ve said all I’m going to and say thx for taking the time to read this very lengthy response. Lol

Joined 2 hours ago

4 Likes

Hmmm. Segelie 213w. Mine wasn’t a clone. I
Verified it on their website just fine. Then I verified it was pos later. I bet if someone cloned it the tc mode Would work properly. Lol is someone selling a clone of a 213?

I do love my crown v1.

2 Likes

I read something on Reddit a few months ago. Gives a little insight on where the Chinese clones actually come from.

3 Likes

I did too. But the spring around the firing pin corroded and won’t hold contact now. Sent a message to uwell asking if I could purchase the spring. Of course, no answer. They sell a whole new base for like $12, but for that price I’ll just buy a new tank for $20 and comes with 2 coils. So I don’t have any left, my favorite tank ever. Just ordered a couple of the Crown 2’s, hoping I’ll like them as much. Tried to buy a couple V1’s too, but the place kept coming up with an error, address doesn’t match card. Had that problem with them a few months back, same error. Called bank, says they are accepting it and immediate charge back and address correct. Tried 3 different cards, all had the same error. Checked address 5 times. Deleted and input address again. Finally gave up.

This is the message I sent:

I keep trying to make an order, and keep getting an error message saying AVS error card declined does not match billing address. I tried around 2 months ago with the same problem. I tried 3 different cards, all with the same error. Spoke with bank, says address is listed correctly and it’s the website. 2 months ago I gave up from frustration. Do you know why? My bank says the transaction is accepted by your system, but automatically is doing a charge back? Help please.

This is response I got back:

Im sorry your having issues with your card. The AVS error has to do with the card issuer or bank and the credit processor we use. If the address and zip code do not match exactly, the transaction will not be processed. If you have verified that the billing and shipping addresses match your bank account and still cannot get it to process, please let us know and we will do what we can to help. Again, I apologize for the issue.

Not sure what part of I’ve tried with 3 different credit cards and gotten the same error he misunderstood, but oh well. I gave up, I’m not gonna work so hard to get someone to take my money.

Just really frustrates me when CSR’s obviously don’t even read the issue before giving an automated answer. If he had truly read it, he would have already had that light bulb moment saying oh, she tried multiple cards and rechecked her address multiple times, maybe I should check our card processor…duh.

Anyway…sorry, way off topic there. Is it obvious I’m still irritated by it? But the point is I miss my Crowns and want to get some more. Has anyone else had problems with the spring corroding?