BIG rda for crazy build

Hello everyone, I am new here. I want to make smt really crazy…Dual rda cloud chasing build with 2 18650 battery for each rda.This will be smt like Triton or Hells gate but with more power and big rdas. I found everything but rdas, unfortunately I can find what I want.I like to find smt with big holes for the coils and more than 2 terminals…there will be hexa or octa coils build. I will be glad if someone share theirs experience with those kind of builds and some examples for this kind of rda. Thanks

Ok, but don’t say I didn’t tell you this this is TOO much on a big PWM mode that can fire it. One hit will fog a room.

This is the main point…human fog machine. It cant be smt for daily basis, it will be for weekends chill. This is kind a good rda but is no exactly what I want. One hit and foggy rooms is on the way

1 Like

I can promise that on the right mod, build it however you want the post holes are like 4x5mm, giant, it is way, way too much RDA. I use it weekends and mornings on this crazy mod:

1 Like

I will keep this in mind but I can handle only quad coils build

1 Like

As always YMMV, but you could build quad claptons, the deck is huge. However, if you are considering a postless, I’ve not had good luck and don’t know anyone that has. This is by far the most hard core atty I’ve ever used, I have many tens. But again YMMV and I’d love to know what you’re considering/buy.

I’m an ex-hookah guy, so big lung hits are my thing. But this thing is way too much, part of it is definitely that LiPo mods hit attys way harder than even 3 18650s.

The biggest RDA I have is the Temple, think it’s a 30mm not sure it’s stashed away somewhere, 4 posts and ridiculously large build area.

1 Like

So say thah this LiPo battery is even better than 18650, but what about discharge can it handle 0.2 ohms or even less.

1 Like

This is the beast…it will hit so hard and when they are dual…man this will be awesome. THIS is the think, but I can find it, or just something similar

2 Likes

That’s wicked AF.

Yes, it can. Lipos can handle lower builds. I personally wouldn’t recommend anything lower than 0.15, but I have seen people build lower than 0.1. Just saying. Lipo PWM mods are fucking brutal. You can literally build huge fucking awesome coils and get massive flavor and cloud production (those two go hand in hand) and not have to worry about ramp up time.

2 Likes

Are you needing recommendations for huge RDAs?

This is the point of the topic, thanks if you have smt to come up with.

The best 18650s can take 25-35A continuous discharge without hurting the cell. My Maxamps LiPo can do 225A, literally. Nothing ever even gets warm on this mod, it heats my 18650s like crazy.

LiPos just hit way different on a heavy build. The thing limiting build resistance with a good LiPo (this one is a bad ass) is the transistors on the output stage…but good ones can handle that current. Thing is, I cannot handle more than 150W for more than a few pulls. It’s just too much.

Honestly, I think if you switch to better wick than cotton, you won’t bother with quads. They are unnecessary imvho…although as @TheTinman1 says, that deck is a bad MF.

1 Like

I have decent balance charger (Imax) and I think to go with 2 of them…one for each rda. But what about Mosfet, it must be something to handle so much current. The box I thing to use is Hammond 1590BB, there is planty of space.

FETs that have an Rdson of 0.006 ohms have been available for 20 years. With big current, FETs have a tendency to spatiall focus the current in the device. That is what burns them out when switched properly. When switched improperly, it’s running them in linear mode, even briefly.

I have not looked at the FETS on any mod. @Whiterose0818, if you can get me the P/N of the ones on the NLPWM board I will have a look at them.

All that said, if you truly want big hits, irrespective of board, you need a LiPo. My Efusion with a LiPo is sooo different than the duo using an 18650 sled. Look up the internal resistance of a LiPo vs say a 25R5, about the best there is for high current and what I use for mechs, etc…they are at least an order of magnitude lower internal resistance. LiPos smack your atty like a damned freight train.

You got me with this. I as I said , I would use lipo instead of 16850, but I will use two of lipos separated. I will search about lipo and ways of connections and switching.

1 Like

These are the best I can show by myself:

1 Like

That doesn’t capture how incredibly dense the clouds are. It’s like excercising you lungs to push that s out. I only use 0mg in it now so I can actually enjoy it. I also mix everything 0mg and add per my setup, cause this thing is a new fukn level dude.

And therabidweasel high-fives @Whiterose0818 mid backflip. This thing is unbelievable. Thank you!

2 Likes

Currently trying to get the mosfet info now…will repost asap!

2 Likes