Biscuit (Inawera) substitutes

Do the delivery people in China steal the packages or does the Government steal them?

4 Likes

Canā€™t tell you for sure - and my friendā€™s aunt who works there doesnā€™t say anything about that. But I suspect they put it in a safe place, declare it ā€œlostā€ and then, against all guidelines, those packages ā€œsomehow disappearā€.
Either that, or they are the most incompetent postal service known to man :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Your pick, lol

Anyhow, that sort of thing also happens in the West, though. The German postal services frequently stole stuff from our Christmas presents sent from the UK :confused: no watches nor money for Christmas.

On a side note: thatā€™s why fully automated, drone based postal services would be so bloody fantastic!

4 Likes

Itā€™s how you use it tbh, itā€™s a must have for me. Iā€™ve used it as high as 6% when I want actual cheesecake flavour and add the relevant creams to match. Or Iā€™ll use it at 2-3% for that graham crust back note, along with biscuit. Itā€™s great stuff. So versatile. IMO one of TFAā€™s best.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve never had to deal with Royal Mail :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In fact, Iā€™ve had to. They performed perfectly and quickly in both cases. :smile:

2 Likes

I have heard INW Biscuit has been reformulated. I know this is old. Just thought Iā€™d let you know. I think it could just be a rumor.

2 Likes

That will really suck if true. Anything on the inawera website about this?

1 Like

Fresh mentioned it in one of his shows and I dropped him a line and he heard it as a rumour - I send inw an email and didnā€™t get a reply so who knows.

2 Likes

Hmmm, how long ago did you send the note to inawera? Usually they are fairly quick on a reply. However, IF they really did reformulate, things could get kinda bad

A month or so two at most.

Itā€™s not on the list but it says that list was leaked, so they could be doing whatever they want. I guess I will find out when I buy more. I will let you guys know what I think. https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/61mszy/inw_leaked_reformulations/

4 Likes

You know I just got another 30ml of Inawera biscuit and it definitly tastes different to me, I thought I got cheesed by the vendor like they didnā€™t shake the bottles or possibly diluted it since I had another issue with them. but all the other flavors seemed fine. This time the biscuit was waaaaay more wafery with less depth and no butter. I recommend Jungle flavors biscuit though since its an actual biscuit and not a wafer and its a great flavor

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. I have the JF Biscuit so I might start using that instead of the Inawera version and just use the Inawera when a wafer flavour is called for. I will have to try it solo first though. Itā€™s so annoying when companies reformulate their recipes,as the saying goes ā€œif it ainā€™t brokeā€¦

4 Likes

It is definitely different colour wise and smell off the shake but I found it steeps to a flavour that is IMO the same - I would suggest that the recipe for the flavour is the same maybe just a different supplier of raw materials. I actually asked Tom from the juicefactory to contact them about it and he got back to me with a denial from INW that it was reformulated.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know people, I canā€™t find any differences between an old bottle of Biscuit and one that I bought a few weeks ago. The color of the old liquid is slightly darker, more ā€œgoldenā€ but both give me the same buttery rich cookie-biscotti-biscuit smell and taste (finger licking only, havenā€™t mixed with the new one yet). I donā€™t know where this rumor first came from but - just like Cincinnatiking (he wrote that it may be slightly less harsh but flavor hasnā€™t changed) - I canā€™t detect any reformulation. I know that neither Biscuit nor Custard is on the list of reformulated flavors that Inawera made public some time ago. Thatā€™s no guarantee of course but to me it seems that since this reformulation happened peoples imagination runs wild. We all know how powerful our psyche is. If we expect something to taste a certain way it almost certainly will. At one point in time people will suspect each of INWs most used flavors to having been reformulated. Custard has also been questioned and no, I canā€™t smell and taste any difference in Custard either. Yesterday I got a new bottle of Creme BrĆ»lĆØe and I hope from the bottom of my heart that itā€™s their old delicious Creme BrĆ»lĆØeā€¦

6 Likes

I donā€™t find any differences in their biscuit either (18m & 3m old bottles), except the color. Custard is probably not reformulated since itā€™s new flavour that came out after their major reformulation (i think; maybe wrong); no idea about creme brulee (i didnā€™t like the original one too much)

3 Likes

Thank you. I bought both of the flavors and I love them. The smell of the bisquit flavor is so good that Iā€™m tempted to drink it :yum::yum::yum:. Cheers.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say there is no substitute for inawera biscuit its the bomb

3 Likes

I agree!
Of course, JF biscuit is good too. Theyā€™re just different!
/EOM to Englishguy.

Wow. Different flavors for different uses? WTF? You knowā€¦ Some enterprising folks could start companies and make a looooot of money if they each made different flavors! :thinking:
Then maybe there would be a little something for everyone!!

The only real downside I can see is having to buy hundreds of flavorsā€¦ Learn them all (individually)ā€¦ And then have the notes to know which ones go well with which other onesā€¦
Hrrrmmm, someone should start a website!!
Naaaaah. Itā€™d never take off. :crazy_face:

ROFLMAO

Sorry. Just in a quirky mood.
(this is just general rattle-trapping, not directed at you E.G.) Iā€™m as guilty as anyone when trying to figure out the ā€œbestā€. The irony is, that we sometimes forget that itā€™s for our tastes, or for a certain recipe! :wink:

7 Likes

@Sprkslfly thats ok mate

3 Likes