Blood Soaked, Cage Match -- .01g vs. .001g Scales!

Same here, two scales side by side, SFTs and small batches 0,001 (don’t shake the table… :rofl:) bigger batches 0,01 scale… that’s so bloody slow…

4 Likes

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

:+1:

:wink:

:hugs:

:+1:

So true

No, I have nothing to say about scales, sorry - I don’t use one - yet?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I get so confused/torn when I read what others are doing using etc… when that happens I know that it’s time to get outside in the garden :rofl:

9 Likes

Welp…:thinking: we can also add gardening to the list of niche hobbies and pleasures! Some folks have a green thumb and some don’t… :sweat_smile:

But, I get your point… in “spades”! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: …see what I did there!

5 Likes

Word to the wise… sometimes old school is better… more can be less… and if you’re making greatness in whatever you do… why should you care what someone else does? It’s interesting to see all the things out there but you can do the same incredible stuff without all the high tech stuff.

5 Likes

I used to feel that way, but realized that asking for further information to expand your knowledge and fill an existing gap doesn’t mean you’re ignorant or that people think you are. So in the end, you learn something and that’s cool. The only thing I was an expert at from birth was pooping in my britches and drooling uncontrollably. Man I’m glad I stopped drooling uncontrollably.

6 Likes

Thank you!
And might I suggest…Depends

2 Likes

A long video but worth a watch… scales? syringes? drops?

5 Likes

Because for every ying there’s a yang

5 Likes

How far mixing has evolved. 4 years ago the hot and debated issue was if mixing by weight or volume is better.

Now the issue is .01g or .001g scale…lol

My LB501 all day is fine and accurate enough for me. I’m an ex smoker who has made a fun hobby of mixing her own vaping juice. I don’t smoke and I have fun not smoking. Goal acheived :goal_net:

13 Likes

Gettin Ready!

Scale on the left

5 Likes

and yet… no one counts drops from each manufacture for their drop per ml box on elr… using the standard 35 drops per ml… because they buy from resellers that use different tips and yeah what a pain to rebottle your own flavors into tips to be uniform… therefore even if you used all those different tips on your scales… you are still stuck in the average mixed amounts, and scales are just not good working like that… get back to your syringes and keep thinking you are mixing by weight, trying to weight out those average amounts into weights, because you can not be bothered to become accurate…

I got it! :slight_smile:

eh… :crazy_face: can’t change my mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

…and that’s what it’s all about! :smiley: What works for you is a laudable goal to achieve! Keep on mixing your way!

5 Likes

Ok, I don’t know if anyone will read this but I couldn’t get the 500g/ .01 unit. They pushed the back order back farther and I didn’t want to pay more. I got a 200g/.001 unit because it was cheaper. will it work? I don’t mix more than 40-60mg’s at a time. Even if I did 120, the unit should do it.

3 Likes

Yeah it will… :smirk: but, while mixing…make sure you’re not under a ceiling fan, be on a stable counter surface, cut off your HVAC system (no air movement), you can’t breath while mixing, no one in the room can breath either, pets outta the house… things like that! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah @Kinnikinnick you do bring up a solid point about super accurate scaling. It does induce issues that other scales don’t.

3 Likes

the one in question comes w/ silly lid and a level which all have to be in place for results. Dont think all that be worth it for the accuracy that we really dont need or can use until we learn how to divide a drop anyhow

2 Likes

Point up for @SessionDrummer , Yeah while mixing on the 0.001 scale, no one better walk into the room of my 1800’s house while I’m splitting drops!

4 Likes

As for the ceiling fan, the more than 3 times smaller diameter of the plater gives you the same last digit variability in between a small milligram scales and the bloody 501.

3 Likes

Maybe I should not say that, but i really think there is no match. If you are doing things under 60ml, the milligram scales are a complete no brainer. For me, who rarely does 30, mostly 10, it is a godsend.

2 Likes

@Kinnikinnick, it has a cover to protect from that. Actually, your supposed to use a pipet with it. It has a hole in the top for for that. I haven’t played with one since college. It will be interesting… :grin:

2 Likes