Blueberry (Hangsen) percentages and medians

Just got my hands on Hangsen Blueberry, can anyone give me a rough idea of the median or what % to use it at, as I can’t find it on the ELR flavours list. Many thanks.

6 Likes

Here it is, I’ve only used it a few times at about 2%

9 Likes

What did you think of it mate? I know you’ve been looking for that “blueberry” taste that we’re used to here and curious how it stacked up. Got mine in last week and only finger tested it so far. Plan on doing a SFT sometime this weekend, steep 7-10 days be long enough you reckon? Cheers bro’…

P.S. How are the fires over your way? You OK?

4 Likes

I was thinking about trying it at that %, but you can never be too sure. Made that mistake with INW Raspberry! Thanks for your help.

5 Likes

Still trying to figure out how you managed to get the medians on this site, but when I put it in I got no results.

2 Likes

I tried it at 2pct hoping it would be great …For me 2pct leaned to far towards a blue candy jolly rancher kind of …

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll start lower then. Appreciated.

3 Likes

I would…because i started at 2 and was diappointed the flavor went on the shelf and I havent played with it ( lazy )

2 Likes

Shit. Wayne walker (DIY or die) and others have said that it’s the best blueberry on the market. Oh well. I’ll check it out for myself, but will definitely start low. Thanks mate.

4 Likes

Thats why I tried it…Im not saying its bad , but at 2pct I got more candy than natural…You will find that i dont always agree with the YT crowd , i like them and aporeciate what they put into the community , I also usually catch their lives…I just dont always agree ;)…
Keep in mind i only tested 10ml at 2pct i never mixed with it and never tried it at diff pcts

5 Likes

I’m going to start at 0.5% and go from there. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

It’s ok, not something I would rave about, still needs help. Sort of candy at 2% and is probably where I’d max it out and support it with others.

I was meaning to try it with FLV Boysenberry to see if that would jam it up a bit.

All good over my way but I’m 10 mins from the city, so always safe from bushfires. But those poor buggers in NSW are in for an even rougher time from the news I saw last night.

6 Likes

I’m in total agreement with you. I appreciate what anyone has to offer this community, but often disagree with the " top" mixers, and sometimes find e liquids that are raved about, unvapable. A lot of liquid, in the past has gone down the sink as a result. I never mix more than 30ml now with anything new, and only 10ml with some.

6 Likes

I was going to make up some SFT this weekend but got too impatient and did the “water in a shot glass” method instead. Yeah, nothing special but it will taste different in an actual vape so I’ll be doing up some “proper” testers tomorrow.

It’s the weirdest thing though. From the water tests I got this strangely familiar smell/taste vibe. Something very, very familiar (non blueberry) but I cannot for the life of me remember where it’s from. It’s really starting to bug me :angry:. Maybe a previous flavor I’ve had (Harvest Berry?) but can’t say for sure. It might just be my imagination but whatever it is, I need to know! Regardless, I got a sort of strange perfumey, candy-ish, “hospital” sort of taste when I got to 2.5% so yeah, reckon you wouldn’t wanna go past 2%. Proper testers vaped in an RDA will confirm.

Good to see you’re OK bush fire-wise bro’. I suppose it’s one of the benefits of us living in a capital city. Thoughts goin’ out to everyone else :pray:

I really like the FLV Boysenberry so it’ll be interesting to see if and when you do this. Cheers…

3 Likes

Exactly what I thought when I first tried it and that always annoys me too. I’m still not sure but it reminds me a bit like WF Sour Blue Raspberry Candy, but not totally. I haven’t tried harvest berry so can’t comment there.

One of my favourites for sure!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s the best, but I think it’s pretty good too. But what can I say man, taste is so subjective. You don’t want to know the amount of flavors I have that people have said were fucking fantastic but are just gathering dust. I might use some of them some times but a lot of them I should just dump.

Flavor notes and flavor ratings are often helpful but like they say, you can’t know until you try.
Also, if you have absolutely no idea where to start with a flavor… take a 10ml bottle with base, put in a single drop, mix and test. Put another drop in the liquid and drip/vape again. Continue until you know the workable range. When you have a workable range, mix up 2 or 3 with varying % and let them steep to have a final idea of how your flavor works.
You don’t need anybody else telling you what to use a flavor at. Someone may tell you 2% and that may be totally wrong for your equipment and taste buds…

6 Likes

Just to show that people’s recommendations aren’t always what others like… I’m not a huge fan of this one lol I don’t hate it, but I’m being careful with it for sure.

5 Likes

I only use it very low at about 0.3-0.8%, didn’t like it over 1% so much.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have tons of flavours just gathering dust too, lol. Thanks for your good advice. I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll start low, and maybe try it with other blueberries. 0.25% I think.

2 Likes