Brand Abbreviation List (in progress)

MAN it’s nice to be able to hand edit these now…
Thank you again @daath for the new access to hand edit the flavor names (without changing the database number)!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And for the observant souls who notice the “sweet” factor… DONT START! lmao :wink:
I just left it the way it was* entered since these are OLD AF flavors (that probably aren’t even sold anymore), and since I wasn’t around back then, it’s not obvious (at least to me) what the name was that the manufacturer actually sold them under! lol

• but did correct the capitalization of course! :crazy_face:
3 Likes

Great work Sprks👍

OOOh , I wish there was some consistency with the (OOO) flavors, or is it (OoO), or (ooo)?
I got a Chicken & Biscuits recipe just waiting to be Vaped, but I refuse to use Fried Chicken in lower case👌

2 Likes

Yes. :laughing:
Honestly, I wish that was the biggest problem with One on One… Or is it 1 on 1, or…
sigh

Those aren’t the only ones (by a LONG shot).
But yeah, I hear you. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I hear ya. Just thought I’d throw it out there. I know you got bigger fish to fry!
Hmmm fish, off to my mixing lab🤪

2 Likes

Not sure if I wanna smell what the Rock is cooking… :laughing: :wink:

3 Likes

While going through some of the new Inawera flavors… I ended up verifying Leilani’s information in post 19 about Magical Flavour being the source of Health Cabin’s flavors.

Yeah, I know, it reads strange, but that’s how it goes sometimes. lmao
I started out seeing new flavors listed at DIYVS (and was confirming what I could at Inawera’s site as I went (there will be another post on the new flavors soon), and ended up seeing Health Cabin flash by, and there we go. Sideways once again. :laughing:

Anyways, Magical Flavour had a company photo (of their lobby) which made things indisputable. (Since we sometimes have had doubts arise, about the veracity of either the claim or source, I’m including this for posterity. @Leilani was spot on, and relaying good information with her post from last year.)

I updated post 1 with the above train of information.

So yet another Chinese Supplier.
Now…to find the list I had going before of Chinese Suppliers… sighs and chuckles

4 Likes

Bumping this important thread.

3 Likes

Is this a derivative of Crystal Flavour Labs? If not then is there an abbreviation for this company? My searches turn up nothing. Traced them back to Vapable and I’ve seen their flavors beginning to pop up on the recipe side.
Also, Vapable has a number of flavor houses that I’m wondering if they should be listed in the DB or not.

3 Likes

It doesn’t appear to be.

There’s a blurb about Flavor Laboratories, Inc, and I think I have the main site in my bookmarks on the PC, but if anyone runs across the manufacturer’s site, of course, do feel free to post it here (better have it twice, than think I do, and it turns out I didn’t lol).

Not that I know of offhand.
I of check the DB for “CFL” just because… But I don’t remember it, or there wasn’t enough to ‘take note of’.

Thank you, that should be helpful.

Will try and look into that. Thanks again!

3 Likes

I was doing a lot of that @TorturedZen

@Sprkslfly Here is where I buy my Flavor Labs flavors. Don’t let the URL fool you. These are them.

https://vapor-flavor.com/eliquid-flavor.htm

Including the one that started it all off:

https://vapor-flavor.com/eliquid-flavor.htm#strawberry-jam-Vapor-Flavor

2 Likes

But I was asking about Crystal Flavour Labs, which I believe is different from Flavor Labs, Inc.

4 Likes

https://www.flavorlaboratories.com/ -> from Florida
https://crystalflavourlabs.com/ -> from UK

They’re different, it seems, @TorturedZen .

4 Likes

Thank you @delltrapp!

3 Likes

Saw “Matrix” in the rounds this evening…and by the misc number BS being added (read as: multiple varieties of the SAME FLAVOR, because they are adding the damned BATCH NUMBER to the flavor name EACH TIME it changes…) I had a pretty good guess as to the origin (no offense to our Malaysian members, but someone started this trend a while back, and the others just seem to have followed.
I’ve seen it before with G, GA, VS, VIS, etc, all of which are attributed to a Malaysian point of origin).

Researching it shows that it’s a Malaysian flavour & fragrance company, who’ve evidently been around since 1976! =)

They have a list of flavors at the following link:
http://matrixflavours.com/matrixflavours/our-flavours/

BUT, please note that they do NOT list vaping as an intended use, so please be careful with these folks!!

Food applications

Bakery
Ice cream
Beverages
Confectionery
Oils and Fats
Dairy
Noodles and seasonings
Savoury snacks and sauces
Seafood, meat and surimi
Vegetarian soy products

Non-food application

Pharmaceutical
Animal-feed
Latex
Tobacco and Shisha

Our Global Offices

If you are keen to work with us please contact us
Malaysia: +603 5633 9305
India: +91 484 259 7700
Europe: +32 3 2041983

4 Likes

Chemnovatic? I been using CNV in my recipe software but thats my own abbreviation, theres also a new company called Super Aromas that might need an abbreviation.

3 Likes

BCF is labeling super aromas SSA.

3 Likes

(Chemnovatic) and I believe @Letitia is correct (SSA)

2 Likes

The problem with SSA is that previously, the community itself has used that abbreviation for Sasami (unless I’m mistaken).

Perhaps @woftam, @TamVapes, @lukeloop or others could confirm (or correct me) on this though…

3 Likes

Yes I know SSA As Sasami There is no CNV so why would you use (Chemnovatic) seems a bit longwinded. Shorten Sasami but use that whole long crazy name Chemnovatic? I dont follow the logic.

3 Likes

Thank you.

If you read the first post…

I didn’t create these abbreviations.

In fact, I’ve become more in favor of spelling things out BECAUSE of the overlap in abbreviations. (The extent of which only became known once I started putting this list together a couple of years ago.)

4 Likes